collapse

Author Topic: Problems with a New House?  (Read 4323 times)

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problems with a New House?
« on: August 18, 2011, 04:59:39 am »
applogies if this is in the wrong place.

we have recently moved to a new house and are having all kinds of trouble with our girls who are 1 and 2.  we know nothing on the history of the house but I know that the main part of the building is on maps dating back to 1856.  

The problem we are having is in the girls bedroom.  Now, before I go on, I know some would say that they are just settling in to the house but I know my girls, we have moved regularly, stayed with family, they are used to moving around and being in different places and never had a problem so I really feel there's something more to it.  They are really not happy in the room.  The scream and cling to us terrified.  I do believe that children can see/feel things that most adults cant so I wonder if there is something there??  They are too young to tell us whats wrong so we're at a loss.

What can we do to try and find out or to protect my girls?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:46:32 am by RandallS »

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Problems with a New House?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:06:14 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;13709

I would do a house cleansing and see if that helps. I know there are a number of threads about it on the old board, and I think one on this board. Search for 'house cleansing' or 'house blessing'.

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:59 am »
Quote from: FierFlye;13735
I would do a house cleansing and see if that helps. I know there are a number of threads about it on the old board, and I think one on this board. Search for 'house cleansing' or 'house blessing'.

Many thanks for your reply.  I have done a bit of a clensing with salt (I'm still new to a lot of this so I hope I have done it properly!)  I also made a couple of small pouches containing sage and lavender which have been placed under matresses (dont want little hands finding them!!)  I hope that will help!!  If there is anything else that would be worth a go I'm open to suggestions

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:33:44 am »

we have recently moved to a new house and are having all kinds of trouble with our girls who are 1 and 2.  we know nothing on the history of the house but I know that the main part of the building is on maps dating back to 1856.  

The problem we are having is in the girls bedroom.  Now, before I go on, I know some would say that they are just settling in to the house but I know my girls, we have moved regularly, stayed with family, they are used to moving around and being in different places and never had a problem so I really feel there's something more to it.  They are really not happy in the room.  The scream and cling to us terrified.  I do believe that children can see/feel things that most adults cant so I wonder if there is something there??  They are too young to tell us whats wrong so we're at a loss.

This concerns me. I have seen this before. I have much experience in this area. If you would like to PM me I can tell you what you need to do, with your personal input of course. It is obviously up to you whether you choose to use my methods also.

I would prefer not to go into detail on a public forum, only because I am not open to discussion about the way I go about removing and clearing. Everyone has their methods. I am only interested in helping you, especially your children. My patrons tell me to use my knowledge of such things where needed to help others.
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:48:42 am »

Others have responded with some good ideas, so I'll just add my $0.02.  I've had luck keeping things *out* of my house in the past with witch bottles.  I'm not sure how well it would work to get something out that was already *in*, but it might not hurt.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:40 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;13752
Others have responded with some good ideas, so I'll just add my $0.02.  I've had luck keeping things *out* of my house in the past with witch bottles.  I'm not sure how well it would work to get something out that was already *in*, but it might not hurt.

Thank you, can you elaborate on the witch bottle?  what should i include?

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:33:03 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;13744
If there is anything else that would be worth a go I'm open to suggestions

In addition to what others have said about cleansing and protection, if it were me, I'd try to get some information about the history of the house and grounds. Your kids could be responding to a variety of different things, it doesn't necessarily have to be a specific entity. It could be an entity, but it could also be bad vibes left over from an incident in the past, or simply some icky energy left behind from the last resident. I would want to have a little back story to help point me in the direction of what issue really needs to be addressed in the house.

Maybe if you can figure out what's wrong, you'll have an easier time making it right.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 10:43:01 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;13753
Thank you, can you elaborate on the witch bottle?  what should i include?

Sure!

When I've made them in the past, I've used any or all of the following:

- shards of broken glass
- shards of broken mirrors
- nails (IMO, the rustier the better)
- tacks
- fish hooks
- broken needles
- strands of your hair

Mix them in a jar with sea salt and urine, seal the jar with the intent that anything that would harm you or your family be repelled and/or trapped by the bottle.  

Place the bottle under your doorstep (I used to put mine under our front porch).

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:58 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;13764
Sure!

Place the bottle under your doorstep (I used to put mine under our front porch).

Thank you.  I'll collect what I need and see if it helps.  Not sure where I could place it though, we dont have a porch (we're in a cottage, wouldnt even be able to lift the front step to place underneath!)  Will have a think about where it could go.  Does it need to be outside the house/near the door?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:04 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;13766
Thank you.  I'll collect what I need and see if it helps.  Not sure where I could place it though, we dont have a porch (we're in a cottage, wouldnt even be able to lift the front step to place underneath!)  Will have a think about where it could go.  Does it need to be outside the house/near the door?

It should be near whatever entrance is used most by non-family.  You could bury it along the walkway to your doorstep, f'ex.

diana_rajchel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:48 pm »

Just to troubleshoot a little:
1)Are the girls able to verbalize or describe anything?
2)Can the two year old draw? Can you ask her to draw what goes on in the bedroom at night?
3)Have you slept in the room yourself?
4)Did you do a house blessing and cleansing when you moved in? Did you put up wards?
5)Did you establish any rules for the spirits that live in the space? After you do a cleansing, blessing, and property "claiming" ceremony, it makes you the person in charge and you set those rules. I usually go with "you can help me in these ways, or you can leave."
6)If you have to evict a spirit, do you have a place you can send it where it won't create a problem for someone else?
7)Do you have a regular program of house blessings? I always try to at least do one just before the full moon, but at the new and full moon have always been optimal for me.

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 02:26:26 pm »
Quote from: diana_rajchel;13859
Just to troubleshoot a little:
1)Are the girls able to verbalize or describe anything?
2)Can the two year old draw? Can you ask her to draw what goes on in the bedroom at night?
3)Have you slept in the room yourself?
4)Did you do a house blessing and cleansing when you moved in? Did you put up wards?
5)Did you establish any rules for the spirits that live in the space? After you do a cleansing, blessing, and property "claiming" ceremony, it makes you the person in charge and you set those rules. I usually go with "you can help me in these ways, or you can leave."
6)If you have to evict a spirit, do you have a place you can send it where it won't create a problem for someone else?
7)Do you have a regular program of house blessings? I always try to at least do one just before the full moon, but at the new and full moon have always been optimal for me.

1 - tried asking the eldest but all we get is 'no like woom, me no like woom'
2 - she can do a mean circle but thats about her limit
3 - I havent slept in the room myself but am in there half the night dealing with the girls
4, 5, 6 - I am new to my path so no, I didnt do anything when we moved in.  I have now done a cleansing though.  I have no expierience of dealing with spirits so am unsure of how to proceed.  I have been given some advice on here though so will see how things go.
7 - I have no regular program.  Again, with being new to all of this and still exploring my beliefs I have yet to get to that

diana_rajchel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 02:37:09 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;14095
1 - tried asking the eldest but all we get is 'no like woom, me no like woom'
2 - she can do a mean circle but thats about her limit
3 - I havent slept in the room myself but am in there half the night dealing with the girls
4, 5, 6 - I am new to my path so no, I didnt do anything when we moved in.  I have now done a cleansing though.  I have no expierience of dealing with spirits so am unsure of how to proceed.  I have been given some advice on here though so will see how things go.
7 - I have no regular program.  Again, with being new to all of this and still exploring my beliefs I have yet to get to that

OK... I strongly recommend you try a few different methods of house blessings and see what works for you. I personally like a move-in with crystals or small charms (even buttons) as charged ward anchors on every window and room corner. The initial anchors are work, but it's work that only needs a recharge once a year. However, the regular house cleansings get best results when done once a month, and there was another discussion elsewhere on the board about small methods of "round the clock" cleansing - leaving out a bowl of sea salt, etc.

As to dealing with spirits, they're basically just people. Even the ones that were never human are still just people. I know many people differ with me philosophically on this, believing a spirit has a "right" to a space if it was there first. I disagree. To me, unless that spirit agrees to protect in positive ways/see to the best interests of myself and my loved ones, it's just another damn vagrant that won't wash the dishes.

You don't need a seance, second sight or second skills. You just need your I AM PARENT! voice. Go into the room, and lay down the law. Just tell the spirit you know it's present, and it can follow your rules - that you make VERY clear, including an order to be gentle/do no harm, and that it can cooperate or you will send it somewhere else to live.

If the girls are still upset, it's time to move up the sage smudge and/or Florida water. Most of the time, however, just laying down the law does enough.

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 05:47:51 am »

I'm a paranormal investigator.

How long have you been in the house? Have you noticed strangeness in the house yourself? Weird feelings, odd noises, etc?

With the age of the girls, and the move, they may just be reacting to that. Or they might not like the color of the walls, or the carpeting... with kids that young, it's difficult to be sure what they're really saying sometimes.

I always recommend that folks should keep a journal of anything weird going on in the house. By doing that, you (or an investigator) can look it over for patterns. I'd also recommend that you sleep in the room with the girls when they get freaked out. If it's every night, maybe you do that for a week. See if your presence calms them down, and see if you experience anything while you're in there.

Cleansing a place, in my experience, is not that difficult. I've done a lot of investigations where I've felt uncomfortable (not unsafe, not like something was after me, but not comfortable) and a simple, but firm, "Leave me the Eff alone, get the Eff out of my house" has worked for me. But you have to mean it. No fear. This is YOUR space, and they are intruding.

Doing research on the property and the surrounding area could also help, especially if you do come to realize there's something paranormal going on. Spirits can just be freaky, even the benign ones. Knowing what might be going on will be helpful to a paranormal group, if you end up having to call one.

Mainly, I think the important thing is to slow down and try to figure out what you're dealing with. Work with the girls to keep them calm and allow them to get the rest they need (maybe even moving them into a different room if the freakouts continue but you don't feel anything weird going on in the house). Open up your intuition and listen to it... if something's really going on, odds are good you'll pick up on it eventually.

Karen

NatureMade

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 10:58:41 pm »
They are too young to tell us whats wrong so we're at a loss.

I am sorry if you are looking for a more "magical" answer, but I tend to be kind of practical and it always occurs to me to use mundane solutions first, then go with something else if that doesn't work. So, with that in mind... have you considered just sleeping in the room with them for awhile to find out what is going on? Or trade rooms for a few days?

If you think that might set up some dependency issues or interfere with whatever entity may be hanging around, what about a baby monitor in the room or a webcam? Then you could see/hear from outside.

At least you would know more than you do now about what they are experiencing.

Tags: