Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Family: Not so yummy mummy?  (Read 4668 times)

Willowstard

• View Profile
Not so yummy mummy?
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:29 am »
I am so fed up today of feeling like an outsider! Just because I drive a very old car, don't dress from the next catalogue or boden doesn't mean I am invisible!!!

Tempted to go sky clad into the playground or wear my ritual clothes!

Anyone else feel like an outsider in the playground?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:20:27 pm by RandallS »

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not so yummy mummy?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:35:59 pm »
Quote from: Willowstard;143583
I am so fed up today of feeling like an outsider! Just because I drive a very old car, don't dress from the next catalogue or boden doesn't mean I am invisible!!!

Outsider to pagan groups in your area, or non-pagan people in your area?

And to be honest ... I would strongly recommend not going out nude to your local playground. That would cause you a lot of problems, since I think public indecency (unless you're in an area that allows that sort of thing within certain secluded places, usually with age limitations) is a pretty serious thing?
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Willowstard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »
I was being ironic :-)   Basically my kids go to a school where all the mummies look the same and I stand out a bit.  I would never go naked in public x

Adnarim

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »

aaaawww i give you a big hug. i know how you feel. me, the really short dark with bleu haired chaotic hurricane walks past the blonde tall designer herd everyday to pick up my darkhaired, brown eyed little monster at school its not their fault, they adjust to what they think is giving them acceptance, we are original :)

Willowstard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:00 pm »
I like it - original x

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »
Quote from: Willowstard;143633
I like it - original x

A Reminder:
Willowstard,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Melamphoros,
TC Board Staff

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Willowstard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:08:16 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;143636
A Reminder:
Willowstard,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Melamphoros,
TC Board Staff

Thanks I am totally new to forums so I didn't realise :/(

Adnarim

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:51 am »
Quote from: Willowstard;143640
Thanks I am totally new to forums so I didn't realise :/(

I think we all had this warning sometime.  At least i did!

Guest888

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:16 am »

I had this problem when I was a student in school except that I had parents who were able to afford to dress me as I wanted to dress and "keep up with the Joneses". It was a miserable existence trying to be up to date and not out of fashion even for somebody as privileged as I was.

In the long run it was a good learning experience for me though. Now as an adult I realize how trivial and unimportant all that really is. There really is much to be said for being comfortable enough in your own skin to be yourself and not try to meet the expectations/standards of others.

I've learned that if they aren't willing to accept you for such superficial reasons then they probably aren't somebody you should waste your time with. Trying to gain their acceptance just isn't worth the time because if that's how they judge other people they're too superficial to waste your time with anyway.

Nerine

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »

As per my usual im reading different posts on here and I saw this one don't worry I know kinda how you feel I get a lot of strange looks myself on clothing choices lols cause I like long skirts and according to some just plain strange clothes an being from a small town its even worse but I figured out the trick to it a long time ago and thats just not to give a damn if you don't like me well too bad I don't need the worlds approval im happy with myself an that's what counts, some days it is frusterating true but what can you do
Can I play with madness? - Iron Maiden

Willow85

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:15 am »

I'd love to see thier faces if you did go naked :)
But yes, this is me, I hate it and am counting down to when I don't have to see those women anymore, in their little cliques with their matching outfits.
I imagine you're not the only one in that playground feeling that way though, have a look around and you'll see that there are other outsiders too. The problem is onnly when it affects your child's relationships but if it's not doing that then just walk in there, head held high, big smile on your face and ignore them . In a few years you'll never have to see them again.
 I tend to put my earphones in and not make eye contact but a lot fo us feel your pain :)

Tags: