Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: KOS: 9 - Facing Toward the Future  (Read 3157 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
KOS: 9 - Facing Toward the Future
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:19:56 pm »
FlameKeeping believes in looking to the future, not to some golden age we have lost...

Prompts:

1.  What do you think the goal is?
2.  What is the future you would envision?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Re: KOS: 9 - Facing Toward the Future
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:40:01 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;142653
Prompts:

1.  What do you think the goal is?
2.  What is the future you would envision?

I think for me it's hard to see any sort of future for the world around me, but I do have a future of my own I'm envisioning, and I think that future can be directly related to Bright Flame work. I want a career in the medical field, and I'm going to start out with Nursing. I am slowly coming to an ultimate goal of being a Surgeon, but we'll see how far that goes. If I did end up becoming a surgeon, I'd be directly fixing people's bodies. That's most definitely bright flame, because I could be saving lives. Even as a nurse, I'd be directly taking care of patients who are in need, and in a way, that could be considered nurturing my bright flame and another's bright flame. (If you could see their body's as a very visual expression of bright flame? I see it that way.)

Getting a medical career is the best way I can think of to help people who need it, and it could be my part in helping create a better future for people.  

I understand that this wasn't particularly answering the Prompt, but it's hard for me to envision one single goal for our world. Maybe it's because I'm one being in a world full of billions, and while doing what I can to help nurture the world and the people around me is good, what I envision for the world won't be the same as what my neighbor may envision. Also, what's good for me isn't good for another. I'd like to be able to end things like domestic abuse, criminal violence, animal abuse, etc, but I don't think those are things that end. I think those are things that we fight against. There will always be people who do those types of things. I just think that gives me something to strive to never do. It gives me an idea of what is not good, so that I may know how to be better, or how to help others. I understand the world will never work in stark black and whites, that it will always be shades of gray, but some shades of gray are much darker then others, and it's that side of gray I want to stay away from.

Is any of this making sense? Or did I put my foot in my mouth here?
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: KOS: 9 - Facing Toward the Future
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »
Quote from: RainbowSnake;142702
Is any of this making sense? Or did I put my foot in my mouth here?

It is.  I have things to say, but need to wait until I get my spoons back post-Con.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: