Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Seeking pagan pen pals for pagan inmates  (Read 5661 times)

Ravyn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Seeking pagan pen pals for pagan inmates
« on: March 16, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »
MM and hi all.  Thank you again for the welcome and to Heartshadow for the ok.

So.  One of the ways i serve my gods is running an online pen pal page for pagans seeking email or postal pen pals.  My page also accepts ad submissions from pagans who are currently incarcerated in prisons across the country.

In the last couple years, the queries for the inmate page have gone thru the roof - this is partly because of one outgoing young man who scattered my PO Box address like confetti to every pagan he came in contact with as he transferred from prison to prison, and partially because my address has been listed as a resource in some official chaplain handbook somewhere.

All of which is good and fine... except that i can't write to all of these guys, and i have no one to write to them.  

http://paganpenpalpage.webs.com/

So.  Here i am, posting this plea for those of you who might consider taking a look at some of these guys and maybe dropping one or more of them a letter.  

Yes, they are all in prison for a reason, so common sense things like getting a PO Box and being careful about what personal information you offer are good ideas. But then, that's a good idea in most networking.  So.  There are a lot of Heathens who are desperately looking for contact.  There are a lot of new Wiccans who are really excited ....and really lost.  There are a lot of long time practitioners who just want someone to talk to.  Some want teachers, some want friends, a lot of them just want someone to talk to and to be in contact with pagans outside the walls.  

Anyway, so yeah.  If you are so inclined, Dear Reader, i hope you will consider checking out the side and helping out one of these guys.

Thanks for reading and good hunting,
Ravyn

Tags: