collapse

Author Topic: Health: Implementing Spoon Theory  (Read 10225 times)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Implementing Spoon Theory
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 07:15:38 pm »
Quote from: Queen of Swords;179060
I'm going to share the series of articles that I used to figure out my "energy envelope," which you could call your bundle of spoons.

Thank you for sharing that.  I've only taken a quick glance at the site, but really like the suggestion of using a pedometer to help monitor activity.This may just work not only to avoid overdoing things, but also to prevent the edema that inevitably happens if I'm on my feet too much.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 07:51:07 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;179135
Thank you for sharing that.  I've only taken a quick glance at the site, but really like the suggestion of using a pedometer to help monitor activity.This may just work not only to avoid overdoing things, but also to prevent the edema that inevitably happens if I'm on my feet too much.

I totally use the pedometer app on my phone, not for 'can I do more' but 'if I go over this, I will regret it for days'.

(Also, I use a sleep app that correlates steps and sleep quality: my sleep quality dives sharply if I do more than a certain number of steps a day, which I find fascinating.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 08:55:23 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;179137
I totally use the pedometer app on my phone, not for 'can I do more' but 'if I go over this, I will regret it for days'.

I really do like this idea.  It seems like a really simple and straightforward way of doing a measurable self-check.  Since I wear a pedometer daily for a wellness program and am off work until sometime in September due to health issues, this may work well for me right now.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Queen of Swords

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;179137

(Also, I use a sleep app that correlates steps and sleep quality: my sleep quality dives sharply if I do more than a certain number of steps a day, which I find fascinating.)

This is also how I use the pedometer. I do the same thing with a heart *rate monitor, although that is fairly specific to my health conditions (POTS and CFS).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:42:56 pm by Queen of Swords »

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:16 am »
Quote from: Queen of Swords;179143
This is also how I use the pedometer. I do the same thing with a heart *rate monitor, although that is fairly specific to my health conditions (POTS and CFS).

I already do the heart-rate monitoring, but using a pedometer (maybe in connection with the sleep app) is a very good idea.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Tags: