Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Introducing Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid -- a Brighid-centered path  (Read 10822 times)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Clann Bhride is proud to establish an internet presence with the launch of our website. Clann Bhride, also known as the Children of Brighid, is spiritual path of devotion drawing from old traditions and new inspiration of our patron goddess Brighid.

Along with the website we're also proud to offer our Book of Hours, an informational and devotional text for those interested in a life dedicated to Brighid in Her many guises. This text is available from Lulu, both as a free PDF download and as a paperback for a small fee to cover printing costs. The Book includes:
   - An introduction to the basic elements of Clann Bhride
   - Daily devotions including morning, midday, and evening prayers
   - Prayers for special occasions including dedications, births, and deaths
   - A basic liturgical calendar
   - Articles on the academic and spiritual nature of Brighid

In the future we hope to offer a resource list and occasional blog posts on Brighid and the path of Clann Bhride. We offer this site to any fellow religionists as a greater offering to Brighid, our guide and friend. You can find us at http://clannbhride.wordpress.com/. We invite those interested to subscribe to our blog and read our Book of Hours.

Over the next year, we hope to develop an active community of people who are committed to incorporating the Nine Elements of Clann Bhride into their lives. If you are interested in such a community, please contact us at clannbhride@gmail.com or subscribe to our blog, where we will post updates as appropriate.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid -- a Brighid-centered path
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;138397
Clann Bhride is proud to establish an internet presence with the launch of our website. Clann Bhride, also known as the Children of Brighid, is spiritual path of devotion drawing from old traditions and new inspiration of our patron goddess Brighid.

This looks awesome and something I'd very much love to be a part of. But I need to know if it is okay to have ongoing relationships with other deity if I  become part of this?
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »
Quote from: maybeimawitch;138398
This looks awesome and something I'd very much love to be a part of. But I need to know if it is okay to have ongoing relationships with other deity if I  become part of this?

Absolutely. Clann Bhride doesn't require exclusive devotion to Brighid for you to be devoted to Brighid -- whatever that means to you. Aster I know is solely a Brighid devotee (unless something changed, Aster? ;)) while I've got Kemetic stuff going on at the same time.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Aiwelin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:01 pm »

Congratulations!  I enjoyed looking around the website, and have downloaded the Book of Hours to look over later.  Thank you for this resource :)
Devotee of Nerthus
Worshipper of Germanic Deities
Now blogging on Patheos Pagan!  Check out Heathen at Heart

In the Nebraska-Iowa area?  Come check out Prairie Shadow Protogrove, ADF!
Ár nDraíocht Féin
The Troth

herkles

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »
In the future we hope to offer a resource list and occasional blog posts on Brighid and the path of Clann Bhride. We offer this site to any fellow religionists as a greater offering to Brighid, our guide and friend. You can find us at http://clannbhride.wordpress.com/. We invite those interested to subscribe to our blog and read our Book of Hours.

This sounds cool, but I am curious how useful some of these resources might be to Celtic reconstructionists who honor Brighid?

Congrats btw. :)

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »
Quote from: Sage;138417
Absolutely. Clann Bhride doesn't require exclusive devotion to Brighid for you to be devoted to Brighid -- whatever that means to you. Aster I know is solely a Brighid devotee (unless something changed, Aster? ;)) while I've got Kemetic stuff going on at the same time.

What Sage said.

Yes, I am still exclusively dedicated to Brighid (and I don't expect that to change).  But there's no Clann Bhride requirement of exclusive dedication.  That is solely between you and Brighid.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:16:50 pm »
Quote from: herkles;138458
This sounds cool, but I am curious how useful some of these resources might be to Celtic reconstructionists who honor Brighid?

I'm honestly not sure how to answer that.  While we value historical foundations highly, Clann Bhride does not claim any degree of recon-ness.  

That said, many -- if not most -- of the prayers are drawn from or inspired by traditional sources.  The ritual formats are probably not recon (since we don't really know what formats the ancient Celts used).  I think you would find the essays interesting.

The pdf download is free, so you have nothing to lose by taking a look.  If you don't like it, delete it.

I'd be very interested to know what you think of the materials from a recon perspective.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »
Quote from: herkles;138458

Thanks for the congrats!  :)

We're VERY excited to be able to share this work, and hope others find it useful.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

Congratulations, to all (four that I know of) of you - I know this has been quite some time in the making, and that a lot of work has been put into it.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »

Along with the website we're also proud to offer our Book of Hours, an informational and devotional text for those interested in a life dedicated to Brighid in Her many guises. This text is available from Lulu, both as a free PDF download and as a paperback for a small fee to cover printing costs. The Book includes:
   - An introduction to the basic elements of Clann Bhride
   - Daily devotions including morning, midday, and evening prayers
   - Prayers for special occasions including dedications, births, and deaths
   - A basic liturgical calendar
   - Articles on the academic and spiritual nature of Brighid

Over the next year, we hope to develop an active community of people who are committed to incorporating the Nine Elements of Clann Bhride into their lives. If you are interested in such a community, please contact us at clannbhride@gmail.com or subscribe to our blog, where we will post updates as appropriate.

It looks awesome Aster, I know you guys have worked really hard on this, am very proud of you!
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

herkles

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 08:21:56 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;138461
The pdf download is free, so you have nothing to lose by taking a look.  If you don't like it, delete it.

I'd be very interested to know what you think of the materials from a recon perspective.

I will admit that I might not be as heavy reconstructionist as others, though it does play a large part for me. Of course, we have to look forward as we look back. Though, From what I have read so far I enjoy a lot and certainly inspirational. :)

When I get some time, I will do a more through review of the book and put it up on my blog. :)

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 02:04:05 am »

This is absolutely brilliant guys!  I've downloaded the book and am reading through it. It's laid out really well and has a lot of very useful information in it.  You all have done an awesome job.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 03:56:49 am »
Quote from: Breeze;138495
This is absolutely brilliant guys!  I've downloaded the book and am reading through it. It's laid out really well and has a lot of very useful information in it.  You all have done an awesome job.

Thanks, Breeze!  I'm really happy to hear that you're liking it.  If you have constructive criticism, please let us know.  We have some ideas for future projects, so we want to learn what we can from this one.

And, I have to say: credit where credit is due.  The Book of Hours probably wouldn't exist (yet, anyway) if it wasn't for Gilbride's work.  Sage, Finn, and I all contributed, of course, and those contributions helped to shape the book.  But the prayers and rituals are Gilbride's creations.  

Also, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has offered congratulations.  Clann Bhride definitely would not exist without TC, since we all met here.  We appreciate the support of our fellow Cauldronites.

Thank you for giving us a "home base", Randall and Lyric!

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Introducing Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid -- a Brighid-centered path
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 05:04:59 am »

This is amazing! Congratulations to you all :D. Is be very interested in getting involved. The timing of this seems significant to me as I will be dedicating myself to Brighid later today

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Introducing Clann Bhride: Children of Brighid -- a Brighid-centered path
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 06:59:14 am »
Quote from: rocquelaire;138501
This is amazing! Congratulations to you all :D. Is be very interested in getting involved. The timing of this seems significant to me as I will be dedicating myself to Brighid later today

Congratulations! That's a tremendous step to take.

The timing ended up being fortunate on my end too. I've found that these things tend to happen at the oddest of times.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tags: