Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Author Topic: Support my new Podcast  (Read 9922 times)

Earana20

• View Profile
Support my new Podcast
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:33:53 am »
My name is Earana Altmer,

I am currently recording my own pagan podcast to share my experiences, I am high priestess of a coven for over 20 years and would like to add value and present accurate information to pagans everywhere.

I am currently quite busy with my coven in the build up to Yule, that I fear I will not have time to produce a proper podcast until the new year.

However I have uploaded a pilot episode which I would love to share with you all and get some feedback.

I am excited to present my new podcast and hope you enjoy it.

Please feel free to comment or email me.

Many Thanks and Blessed Be,

E

My Official Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFhTE1AdAk&feature=youtu.be

Official Episode 1:

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Support my new Podcast
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:40:14 am »
Quote from: Earana20;132805

I am currently recording my own pagan podcast to share my experiences, I am high priestess of a coven for over 20 years and would like to add value and present accurate information to pagans everywhere.

I don't do podcasts, but many other members love them. BTW, I moved this thread to the correct board (Member Announcements) and charge the subject to include the word "podcast" so members who like podcasts will be more likely to see it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Earana20

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:37:51 am »
Quote from: RandallS;132809
I don't do podcasts, but many other members love them. BTW, I moved this thread to the correct board (Member Announcements) and charge the subject to include the word "podcast" so members who like podcasts will be more likely to see it.

[/I]

Thank you very much for that. I am very excited to connect with other pagans.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 11:44:06 am »
\

You asked for feedback - I'm one of those people who reads much faster than I can listen to a podcast (and when I listen, they tend to be on my phone while I'm doing things like house cleaning, rather than at the computer, so I admit YouTube based stuff is a lot less interesting to me in general, but I hope my feedback will help you find more people.)

Anyway - the things I really want to know before picking up a new podcast are specifically what's being covered. A detailed list of times and topics is awesome (3:40: discussion of the differences between purple bunnies and blue eggs as ritual decorations; 8:15: my favourite recipe for spiced pumpkin juice; 15:20: ethics of doing magic with someone you know but don't know well yet; whatever.)  That makes it easier for me to feel I can check out someone's take on something quickly, without committing 25 minutes to listening to the entire podcast.

But even a brief summary of a couple of sentences would help ("This podcast's topics are ritual decorations (especially the question of bunnies and eggs!) a recipe for spiced pumpkin juice, and then a discussion about the ethics around doing magic with someone for the first time.)

Otherwise, I really need to trust that the podcaster is going to be interesting (and reasonably relevant to me) no matter what they're talking about. And, y'know. Busy woman, lots of other awesome things to read and listen to and discuss, and I'm likely to go do one of the ones that either gives me more specifics, or where it's from a source I already know I like/get a lot from/etc.

The other part of that is that it'd help to know more about your background - 20 years being a HPS really doesn't help, without knowing a bit more about what that means to you.

Do you work in a specific tradition? Which one? Do you or your group have a website where there's more information? (I did look, but there doesn't seem to be much - I'm a librarian by profession, so that kind of search about the provider of information is routine for me.)

You mention information for Pagans everywhere. Do you have experience in more than one kind of Pagan practice? (I'm guessing that because you use the term HPS and coven that you are either Wiccan or one of the derivatives.) Do you address topics of interest to reconstructionists from an informed perspective? What about ritual magic? Do you have a background and experience in other topics (herbalism, Tarot, astrology, whatever?)

Again, within reason, the more specifics you can give, the more people can sort out what you're sharing, and know what kinds of information you might be a good resource for in future.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Earana20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 12:37:24 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;132835
good resource for in future.

Hi Jenett,

I would like to thank you immensely for your feedback and it does make quite a lot of sense and it is interesting to see what others expect in a podcast.

I will take a look at your feedback and create a more open "biography" if you will on myself and my coven.

My coven is a wiccan coven, however I do try my best to include bits of shamanism when I can for the people who are interested in that, and thats why I want to create this podcast, to reach people everywhere in the comfort of there home.

If you have time, I would love you to sit with a glass of wine in the evening and let me know what you think of my podcast if you listen as I feel you will give me good feedback.

Thanks again and blessings.

E
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:12:27 pm by veggiewolf »

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Support my new Podcast
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 12:57:16 pm »
Quote from: Earana20;132841

Again, that's not everyone.  Not by a long shot.  Why not try to do something more specific?  Little bit of everything (and not even getting into the issues with shamanism unless you're actually Siberian) doesn't make what you're doing any more useful than any other book or website.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 03:30:19 pm »
Quote from: Earana20;132841
If you have time, I would love you to sit with a glass of wine in the evening and let me know what you think of my podcast if you listen as I feel you will give me good feedback.

I'm not Jenett but I'd be happy to listen to your podcast and give you feedback.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 04:11:56 pm »

I am currently quite busy with my coven in the build up to Yule, that I fear I will not have time to produce a proper podcast until the new year.

However I have uploaded a pilot episode which I would love to share with you all and get some feedback.

E

My Official Promo:

Official Episode 1:

I have problems which mean I struggle to listen to audio of people talking. Well I can listen to it, but I won't be able to take it in unless I really concentrate ( it's a similar level of concentration that I would have if I was doing an exam) so before I attempt to listen I would like to have an idea of what topics are discussed in it. Otherwise I don't really feel like exhausting myself listening to something that I have no idea will be of use to me.

Also, I had a google of your name along with podcasts to see if I could find a brief description of what it in your podcast and I found this: http://ipodwitch.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/ipod-witch-episode-125/
Are you the Earana who posted in the comments section on there? If you are, that gives me a better idea of what I might expect of your podcast than anything you've said in this thread.

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »

E

My Official Promo:

Official Episode 1:

I had a listen. The biggest barrier to my listening is the audio - it's very poor quality, which makes it hard for anyone with hearing problems (and mine are very mild).

Do you plan out and research your topics in advance? That can be a good idea. Podcasting may sound like it's just people talking, but a lot of pre-recording work goes into the best podcasts. (I'm a podcaster - not that mine is one of the best, or anything, but I listen to some excellent ones, and I have some idea of the work that goes into making one.)
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Aiwelin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 06:13:26 pm »
Quote from: Aranel;132849

Also, I had a google of your name along with podcasts to see if I could find a brief description of what it in your podcast and I found this: http://ipodwitch.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/ipod-witch-episode-125/
Are you the Earana who posted in the comments section on there? If you are, that gives me a better idea of what I might expect of your podcast than anything you've said in this thread.

What is even happening in that comment thread?!  Drama drama drama.
Devotee of Nerthus
Worshipper of Germanic Deities
Now blogging on Patheos Pagan!  Check out Heathen at Heart

In the Nebraska-Iowa area?  Come check out Prairie Shadow Protogrove, ADF!
Ár nDraíocht Féin
The Troth

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 06:20:33 pm »
Quote from: Aiwelin;132856

Kind of spammy too - it looks like the exact same comment was left here: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=59749
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:23:32 pm »
Quote from: Aiwelin;132856

For real.  I probably won't even bother listening to the podcast now.  Those posts scream "You're doing it wrong! Listen to ME!!!" to me; so not my cup o' tea.  Although, after reading the comments I did learn that the Wiccan rede is from an "ancient text" which I obviously missed in my own research :whis:...

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Believe me when I say:  you don't want me doin' that.

Brina

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 10:50:17 pm »
Quote from: Breeze;132866
For real.  I probably won't even bother listening to the podcast now.  Those posts scream "You're doing it wrong! Listen to ME!!!" to me; so not my cup o' tea.  Although, after reading the comments I did learn that the Wiccan rede is from an "ancient text" which I obviously missed in my own research :whis:...

You're really missing out! She gives some good advice, especially near the end of the episode, where she says that if you really want to learn something you're much better off buying a book instead of listening to her.

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 10:53:35 pm »
Quote from: Jack;132857
Kind of spammy too - it looks like the exact same comment was left here: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=59749

The only hits I get on "Temple of Altmer" relate to video games.

Also, it appears whoever this is has been at it a while.

Brina

ETA:  you'll need to hit ESC to view the page as it redirects immediately.  At least for me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:54:48 pm by yewberry »

Tags: