Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:03:12 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Author Topic: Hobbies: Crafts for the holidays  (Read 6546 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Crafts for the holidays
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »
Quote from: Nerys53;197230
Getting an early start on winter holidays crafts.

I've actually been working on some autumn decorations, still in progress (taking a little longer than originally hoped, for a variety of reasons).

But this year for Yule I hope to make these decorations: http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulecrafts/ss/Cinnamon-Spell-Ornaments.htm
(Was planning to make them last year, but didn't get that far - maybe posting this here will help me definitely get round to it this year... We'll see.)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 03:27:48 am »
Quote from: Pickle;197392
I've actually been working on some autumn decorations, still in progress (taking a little longer than originally hoped, for a variety of reasons).

But this year for Yule I hope to make these decorations: http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulecrafts/ss/Cinnamon-Spell-Ornaments.htm
(Was planning to make them last year, but didn't get that far - maybe posting this here will help me definitely get round to it this year... We'll see.)

Looks nice, I have also seen ornaments ideas using salt dough, perhaps I do some salt dough with spices so they are scented. Will google search see if anyone did it with spices in it.:)

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 08:06:26 am »
Quote from: Nerys53;197553
Looks nice, I have also seen ornaments ideas using salt dough, perhaps I do some salt dough with spices so they are scented. Will google search see if anyone did it with spices in it.:)

On sunday I made some Yule coasters, glued cereal box cut out squares together glued some plain copy paper to hide they grey than glued "Holly" printed papers on them. Added 2 layers of gum arabic fluid drying between layers, to seal them and to add a little shine.:)

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:59 pm »
Quote from: Nerys53;198020
On sunday I made some Yule coasters, glued cereal box cut out squares together glued some plain copy paper to hide they grey than glued "Holly" printed papers on them. Added 2 layers of gum arabic fluid drying between layers, to seal them and to add a little shine.:)

I handsewed more pillowcases ,  in xmas/yule fabrics and one pink hearts for Valentines 2017. Started a poinsettia table runner handsewn/handquilted no batting just 2 layers quilt cotton.:)

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 01:47:25 am »
Quote from: yewberry;131846

So what do you have going this year in preparation for winter holidays?

I found beautiful die cut "assemble yourself" lanterns at the craft store.  They're gold on one side, and white on the other.  Assembling them with a cat around has proved perilous, but they're really lovely!  Just throw some dewdrop lights inside and you have an instant centerpiece.

I live next to a Christmas tree farm, and they've got some scrap boughs I'm making into large wreaths for outside as well.

I'm also doing a huge batch of custom mixed tea, sewn into teabags for stocking stuffers.  I fold my own boxes, which is again tricky with a cat around, but so cute it's worth it.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »
Quote from: AsraiDouglas;199592

This year I'm making patchwork Christmas ornaments out of old neckties. (I have a book on quilting with ties that gave me the idea.) The ties have more fabric in them than you'd think, so I'd probably have enough for a dozen ornaments, but I'm only making two because my attention span is short.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Tags: