+ Reply to Thread
    Journeyman Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    beith has a spectacular aura about beith has a spectacular aura about beith's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Apr 2014 @ 09:02 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    panentheist solitary neo-druidry
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Hello from the beginning of my path!

Hello! I'm just recently starting on my path of Druidry. Here's the back story in case anyone is interested.

I had long been feeling a disconnect from the religion I was raised in, Christianity (Lutheran), and getting away from church/any kind of spirituality. I felt the most spirituality when I was out in nature, mostly hiking in the mountains. I've also felt very drawn to Gaelic culture as I learned more about my genealogy and ancestors and was exposed to the music of Ireland, Scotland, and other areas of Britain. I began researching neo-Pagan beliefs and practices and zeroed in on Druidry for its focus on nature and ancestors.

I'm very much a beginner and just starting to learn and work my path. There aren't many Pagan groups in my area, with most have a specific non-Druid focus, and I'm very in closet because most of my friends and family would not be accepting of my choice. So that's why I'm here: to connect with and learn from others in the community I'm not quite able to find in person just yet.

On a personal note, my profession of atmospheric science is a huge part of my life, and I also enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, camping, genealogy, beer tasting, and crocheting, among many other interests!

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Laveth is on a distinguished road Laveth's Avatar
    Last Online
    14 Oct 2015 @ 09:42 PM
    Country
    Slovenia
    Religion
    Staroverci

Re: Hello from the beginning of my path!

Quote Originally Posted by beith View Post
    Hello! I'm just recently starting on my path of Druidry. Here's the back story in case anyone is interested.

I had long been feeling a disconnect from the religion I was raised in, Christianity (Lutheran), and getting away from church/any kind of spirituality. I felt the most spirituality when I was out in nature, mostly hiking in the mountains. I've also felt very drawn to Gaelic culture as I learned more about my genealogy and ancestors and was exposed to the music of Ireland, Scotland, and other areas of Britain. I began researching neo-Pagan beliefs and practices and zeroed in on Druidry for its focus on nature and ancestors.

I'm very much a beginner and just starting to learn and work my path. There aren't many Pagan groups in my area, with most have a specific non-Druid focus, and I'm very in closet because most of my friends and family would not be accepting of my choice. So that's why I'm here: to connect with and learn from others in the community I'm not quite able to find in person just yet.

On a personal note, my profession of atmospheric science is a huge part of my life, and I also enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, camping, genealogy, beer tasting, and crocheting, among many other interests!
    Welcome.

Administrator Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RandallS has disabled reputation RandallS's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic Pagan
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Welcome to The Cauldron!
    Randall
    RetroRoleplaying [Blog] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
    Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
    Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Apprentice Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    hecate8 is on a distinguished road hecate8's Avatar
    Last Online
    30 Jun 2015 @ 12:48 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    none

Hello and welcome to TC.
    Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Journeyman Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    beith has a spectacular aura about beith has a spectacular aura about beith's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Apr 2014 @ 09:02 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    panentheist solitary neo-druidry
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Laveth View Post
    Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallS View Post
    Welcome to The Cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by hecate8 View Post
    Hello and welcome to TC.
    Thank you all for your kind welcome!

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Viv will become famous soon enough Viv's Avatar
    Last Online
    13 Sep 2015 @ 07:44 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    evolving daily
    Pronouns
    she/her

Welcome to TC
    "As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

+ Reply to Thread