Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Something that's confusing me concerning the Joy Of Satan Ministries  (Read 5962 times)

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
First of all, all due respects to the aforementioned organization. I am thankful for their input in helping me to greatly develop my spiritual capabilities. I'll raise a drink to them!

Unfortunately, there is something... troubling. I've been hearing rumblings that the group has become rather corrupt. Apparently Mrs. Dietrich has created a thoughtform meant to represent Satan, instead of actually honouring the actual Satan. Now, I'm not saying that I believe all this, but obviously I'm not the only one who has brought this possibility to attention.

That being Said, apparently Satan himself has abandoned the ministry and its followers for various reasons.

Once again, I intend no disrespect towards Mrs. Dietrich and her friends, but I think this needs to be addressed. After all, the site and its forums attract a lot of young people.

All the best,

Vovk

yennork

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Something that's confusing me concerning the Joy Of Satan Ministries
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:40:33 am »
Quote from: Vovk;131692
First of all, all due respects to the aforementioned organization. I am thankful for their input in helping me to greatly develop my spiritual capabilities. I'll raise a drink to them!

Unfortunately, there is something... troubling. I've been hearing rumblings that the group has become rather corrupt. Apparently Mrs. Dietrich has created a thoughtform meant to represent Satan, instead of actually honouring the actual Satan. Now, I'm not saying that I believe all this, but obviously I'm not the only one who has brought this possibility to attention.

That being Said, apparently Satan himself has abandoned the ministry and its followers for various reasons.

Once again, I intend no disrespect towards Mrs. Dietrich and her friends, but I think this needs to be addressed. After all, the site and its forums attract a lot of young people.

All the best,

Vovk

My bolding - isn't that what you'd expect from Satan?
Never mind what should be or what might be or what ought to be. It\'s what things are that\'s important.

Granny Weatherwax

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:54 pm »
Quote from: Vovk;131692

All the best,

Vovk

What?
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »
Quote from: yennork;131703

I'll expand on that. They believe that Satan is completely different from the the one found in the Bible. They say that Satan/Lucifer/Enki is the true creator of man, as well as his guide. Satan, to them, does not tell lies.

Does that help at all? :ashamed:

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »
Quote from: maybeimawitch;131706
What?

Take a gander around their site and forums. You may get my meaning.

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:50 pm »
Quote from: Vovk;131709

I would expect that I can't read their website because it makes my eyes go funny.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 12:11:05 pm »

Isn't there some paint we could watch dry instead?  You know, something productive we might actually care about?
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 12:12:06 pm »

I don't even know for sure which website and forums are theirs (and if its that terrible angelfire one I am not forcing my self to read that eyebleeding monstrosity) But more to the point I don't know why we are supposed to care about this when it seems you are starting in the middle of a conversation none of us are privy to or see why we should care about it.
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 12:12:59 pm »
Quote from: Vovk;131707
I'll expand on that. They believe that Satan is completely different from the the one found in the Bible.

Well, so does Christianity, and that doesn't actually fuss people all that much these days.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »
Quote from: yennork;131703

In Satanism, Satan is a power for good in the world, not evil.

Having said that, I checked out Joy of Satan (not being familiar with this denomination), and found a lot of problems with it. I'll provide a few examples.

First, there are allegations that Mrs. Dietrich is  a member of a neo-nazi group. http://joyofsatanexposed.webs.com/

Then I had a look at http://joyofsatan.org As you can see in the first paragraph, it is stated as fact that "Yaweh/Jehova...is a fictitious deity." In the third paragraph they claim "Satanism is the original religion of humanity." In the fifth paragraph "Christianity was invented to remove spiritual and occult knowledge..." and lastly, on the links page, there is a link to a blog called "Exposing Islam" http://exposingthelieofislam.wordpress.com which is an anti-Muslim pulpit claiming Islam is a "hoax."

So, yes, with this version of Satanism, I must conclude that things have gone awry.

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;131712
Isn't there some paint we could watch dry instead?  You know, something productive we might actually care about?

Go away, then.

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »
Quote from: maybeimawitch;131713
I don't even know for sure which website and forums are theirs (and if its that terrible angelfire one I am not forcing my self to read that eyebleeding monstrosity) But more to the point I don't know why we are supposed to care about this when it seems you are starting in the middle of a conversation none of us are privy to or see why we should care about it.

I should have been more clear. I do not expect you to care. Got me? This was intended for people who know what I'm talking about, not just anyone.

Vovk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:28:12 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;131718
In Satanism, Satan is a power for good in the world, not evil.

Having said that, I checked out Joy of Satan (not being familiar with this denomination), and found a lot of problems with it. I'll provide a few examples.

First, there are allegations that Mrs. Dietrich is  a member of a neo-nazi group. http://joyofsatanexposed.webs.com/
Then I had a look at http://joyofsatan.org As you can see in the first paragraph, it is stated as fact that "Yaweh/Jehova...is a fictitious deity." In the third paragraph they claim "Satanism is the original religion of humanity." In the fifth paragraph "Christianity was invented to remove spiritual and occult knowledge..." and lastly, on the links page, there is a link to a blog called "Exposing Islam" http://exposingthelieofislam.wordpress.com which is an anti-Muslim pulpit claiming Islam is a "hoax."

So, yes, with this version of Satanism, I must conclude that things have gone awry.

Thank you for responding with something that's meaningful.

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 12:32:14 pm »
Quote from: Vovk;131721
I should have been more clear. I do not expect you to care. Got me? This was intended for people who know what I'm talking about, not just anyone.

Who are they? This appears to have been your first post. Do you know of specific Satanists here, from that particular group? Would this not have been relevant to their own forum?
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Something that's confusing me concerning the Joy Of Satan Ministries
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 12:34:21 pm »
Quote from: Vovk;131720
Go away, then.

It strikes me this may not be the board for you.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tags: