Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Mental Illness In My Family  (Read 1422 times)

xxmoonxraverxx

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://xxmoonxraverxx.tumblr.com/tagged/book-of-shadows
Mental Illness In My Family
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:54 pm »
My grandfather has what we think is early onset dementia, and I have borderline personality disorder (so of course, i take everything he says as a personal attack and run off crying.)
my mother has bipolar disorder.
my brother has ad/hd.
my aunt has anger issues and smokes weed to cope (no judgment here, but i wish she would deal with her problems)
my poor grandmother, who is 60 years old and works on her feet all day at k mart is the only one keeping everyone's moods in check, and keeping everything from falling apart.
if you could pray or send energy our way, for the healing of my, my mother, my grandfather, and my aunt, and send helpful energy my grandmother's way, i would be very grateful.

quarks

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Mental Illness In My Family
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:50:53 am »
Quote from: xxmoonxraverxx;130683
My grandfather has what we think is early onset dementia, and I have borderline personality disorder (so of course, i take everything he says as a personal attack and run off crying.)
my brother has ad/hd.
my aunt has anger issues and smokes weed to cope (no judgment here, but i wish she would deal with her problems)
my poor grandmother, who is 60 years old and works on her feet all day at k mart is the only one keeping everyone's moods in check, and keeping everything from falling apart.
if you could pray or send energy our way, for the healing of my, my mother, my grandfather, and my aunt, and send helpful energy my grandmother's way, i would be very grateful.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.  I have bipolar disorder, and I've seen how hard it is for my parents and husband to deal with it.  Don't forget to take care of yourself first.  Trying to keep yourself healthy is the best thing you can do for your grandmother, though I know it is easier said than done.

Kuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »

You and your family will be in my thoughts. Sending positive energies your way. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I struggle with mental illness, and it is in my family too. I wish you and your family the best of health. <3

xxmoonxraverxx

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://xxmoonxraverxx.tumblr.com/tagged/book-of-shadows
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:03:20 am »
Quote from: quarks;130717
Don't forget to take care of yourself first.

everybody says it's all my fault though, like, every time an argument breaks out, so i can't really take care of myself at all, let alone first.

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »
Quote from: xxmoonxraverxx;130864
everybody says it's all my fault though, like, every time an argument breaks out, so i can't really take care of myself at all, let alone first.

That doesn't mean it actually is your fault. I don't know much else about your living situation, age, etc, but my gut is saying 'just get out.'

If you don't already have it, I think you and your grandma should try to get family counselling for the whole group, and you into treatment yourself. This isn't something anyone should be dealing with alone.

I'm going to ask for you to be helped, but I think energy isn't what you need, though it might give you strength to get what you do.

Leirion

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://lilylionlabyrinth.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:06:21 am »
my brother has ad/hd.

Mental illness also runs in my family, and virtually everyone has some pretty heavy issues. My grandmother also has dementia (on top of bipolar), and I myself also struggle with borderline. So my heart really goes out to you.

I will definitely send some energy your way. I also want to offer a friendly ear, if you ever need to talk to someone who at least comes from a somewhat similar background.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 11:26:52 am »
Quote from: xxmoonxraverxx;130864

It's not your fault. Not to be weird here, but maybe it's a good idea to get out of the environment for a while to collect yourself so you'll be able to be more patient with your family and they with you.
 You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm pretty sure I have OCD and a delusional uncle--I know how you feel and hope that everything gets better for you and your family. Stay strong!
Many blessings!!:cf:
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

soulfire

• View Profile
    • http://www.believeinyoucoach.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:43:01 pm »
my brother has ad/hd.

ummm. I have been learning and hence studying this for 10y. it is now my profession- I figure who knows this better than one who has lived AND recovered their life.  all of these fall under the dissociation spectrum to one degree or another.  
Because you have many fam mbrs who evidence this way of dealing w/ tragedy you may like to read 'the haunted self' by Dr nigenhuis(sp). he goes thru all of the variations, explains them,  and tells how you can recover tho' I used diff aids.  I had 2 diff. types DDNOS w/ diff. symptoms.  it has also helped me w/ my bipolar relatives too.  :p

oh, and adding it helps you understand PTSD and panic attacks, plus SOMATOFORM diss.-one of the ones I have.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:48:00 pm by soulfire »
\'It\'s the cracked ones that let some light into the word\' - some B movie somewhere.  :ange:

Tags: