Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Resource Lists: Supplies  (Read 6292 times)

Darkhawk

• View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Resource Lists: Supplies
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:02:20 pm »
One of those questions that comes up occasionally is how to get/make supplies for common rituals, or where to find particular incenses, or the like.  So!  Here's a place to put suggestions.

Natron:

How To Make Natron

Kyphi / Kapet Incense:

Sacred Luxuries: Fragrance, Aromatherapy, & Cosmetics in Ancient Egypt, by Lise Manniche
Alchemy Works sells kyphi:  Edfu recipe, Dioscorides's recipe, Galen's recipe.

My favorite kyphi source went out of business, alas.

If you know of other sources for interesting Egyptiana Stuff, whether for ritual or decoration or something else, that you would like to share, feel free to post them here.

Lisa Manniche's book can be found on google books.

Ready made natron by Tears of Isis (affiliated with Kemetic Orthodox)

Isis Books has miscellaneous Egyptian-based supplies.

Two Strands Soap Works  (Natron and kyphi.)

Soma Luna.    http://www.somaluna.com/cat/egyptian_statues_egypt_statuary.asp  Statues, ritual ankhs and pretty much every herb I've ever seen added to Kyphi.  

Djembe Direct sells colorful, affordable sistra.  They're hand made from reeds and recycled bottle caps.

Sistrum

"Double" sistrum  Proceeds from sales benefit the Africa Heartwood Project.  They sell traditional instruments as a means of generating sustainable livelihoods for West-African artisans.    I thought that was pretty cool.  Get a ritual tool + uphold Ma'at by contributing to a good cause.   :)

A sistrum is also fairly easy to make.  "Circle of Isis" by Ellen Cannon Reed provides instructions on how to make one.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Resource Lists: Supplies
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:58:06 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;424

Does ANYONE here know where I could find a statuette of Mafdet for my altar?  I've looked for a good while and can't find any, and it's starting to make me sad.  :(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:58:42 pm by KittyVel »
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:54 am »
Quote from: KittyVel;1156
Does ANYONE here know where I could find a statuette of Mafdet for my altar?  I've looked for a good while and can't find any, and it's starting to make me sad.  :(

Have you thought about representing Her with a mongoose instead?  I've commissioned an aardvark (long story) for Neb.y since all the statues I've found of Him are just not right.  We have a number of talented artists on TC that might be willing to give it a try.

Here's an image from an Egyptian exhibit: Mongoose
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:50:09 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;1910
Have you thought about representing Her with a mongoose instead?  I've commissioned an aardvark (long story) for Neb.y since all the statues I've found of Him are just not right.  We have a number of talented artists on TC that might be willing to give it a try.

Here's an image from an Egyptian exhibit: Mongoose

I would if I had money.  :(  I can't really afford any commissions right now, unfortunately.  I just spent all my money on a trip out of state.
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:58 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;424

Temple Harakhte - Caravanserai

Has a variety of sistra, temple tools, tools used for Opening the Mouth ceremonies, god boxes/naos, and canopic jars.

It seems they only ship within the US, so for those of us outside the US we'd have to make other arrangements (like a parcel service, or have a friend forward it to you).

Peter Chiappori - Chiappori Arts

He does a lot of custom work. Papyrus writing, amulets, stelae, shrine boxes, ceremonial items, along with a lot more. Can be a bit pricy, but from what I've seen of his work, it definitely looks like it's worth it.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Tags: