Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Magick In everyday Life?  (Read 2399 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Magick In everyday Life?
« on: August 07, 2011, 03:28:24 pm »
Hello there :) I have alittle question. I was wondering how can I use Magick in everyday life? thank you :)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Magick In everyday Life?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 03:58:02 pm »
Quote from: addy;11220
Hello there :) I have alittle question. I was wondering how can I use Magick in everyday life? thank you :)

Lots of ways - though for specifics, it rather depends how you define magic, and it depends on what your everyday life looks like.

I define magic as change in accordance with will (in other words, the combination of intention and directed action towards some sort of outcome), and I'm about to start a new job as an academic librarian, so my life has been in a lot of transition (moving across the country does that to a person...), but is about to settle down into a stable schedule.

Things I do at least daily:

- Centering and grounding work to keep myself balanced, centered and focused on what I need to get done, and use my energy in the best ways possible.

- Cleansing work (done in the bath or shower at the end of the day) to get rid of unwanted energy/etc. that doesn't serve my goals or desires.

- Taking steps to keep my home in a way that makes it a peaceful, restful place to be, and that makes it easier for me to do the things that feed my passions and interests.

- And I'm still poking at versions of a morning ritual and an evening ritual that frame my day and make it easier for me to begin and end that fit where I'm living now, and my work schedule.

Stuff I do regularly, but usually less than daily:
- Cleaning intentionally - setting aside time when  I can focus on larger cleaning tasks (vacuuming, etc.) in a way that works for me and makes me feel better when they're done.)

- Cooking intentionally - I don't do this for every meal, necessarily, but I try to have multiple meals each week where I'm cooking seasonal foods, building in particular intentions, etc. as part of the cooking. (It's always a part of my bread baking, but I don't bake much in the summer, for obvious reasons.)

- Renewing protections and blessings on my home, my car, and so on.

- Choosing work passwords, desktops, etc. for computer use that reflect ongoing magical and spiritual goals. (So, for example, I might choose a variant of 'learning' or 'getting comfortable' for my first few weeks on the job.) My desktops aren't obviously Pagan, but they're usually seasonal images that remind me of something important I'm focusing on.

- Creating and playing playlists on my computer that help me focus on an ongoing goal or interest.

- Lots of little "Let me move forward towards this thing" workings while driving.

Stuff I do less frequently:
- Specific magical spellwork of any kind (I might do 4-6 structured spellworkings in the average year)

- Structured ritual, I'm currently doing new moons, full moons, and Sabbats, but that's still a "Couple of times a month" thing, not a "couple of times a week" thing.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Magick In everyday Life?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:08:38 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;11228
Lots of ways - though for specifics, it rather depends how you define magic, and it depends on what your everyday life looks like.

I define magic as change in accordance with will (in other words, the combination of intention and directed action towards some sort of outcome), and I'm about to start a new job as an academic librarian, so my life has been in a lot of transition (moving across the country does that to a person...), but is about to settle down into a stable schedule.

Things I do at least daily:

- Centering and grounding work to keep myself balanced, centered and focused on what I need to get done, and use my energy in the best ways possible.

- Cleansing work (done in the bath or shower at the end of the day) to get rid of unwanted energy/etc. that doesn't serve my goals or desires.

- Taking steps to keep my home in a way that makes it a peaceful, restful place to be, and that makes it easier for me to do the things that feed my passions and interests.

- And I'm still poking at versions of a morning ritual and an evening ritual that frame my day and make it easier for me to begin and end that fit where I'm living now, and my work schedule.

Stuff I do regularly, but usually less than daily:
- Cleaning intentionally - setting aside time when  I can focus on larger cleaning tasks (vacuuming, etc.) in a way that works for me and makes me feel better when they're done.)

- Cooking intentionally - I don't do this for every meal, necessarily, but I try to have multiple meals each week where I'm cooking seasonal foods, building in particular intentions, etc. as part of the cooking. (It's always a part of my bread baking, but I don't bake much in the summer, for obvious reasons.)

- Renewing protections and blessings on my home, my car, and so on.

- Choosing work passwords, desktops, etc. for computer use that reflect ongoing magical and spiritual goals. (So, for example, I might choose a variant of 'learning' or 'getting comfortable' for my first few weeks on the job.) My desktops aren't obviously Pagan, but they're usually seasonal images that remind me of something important I'm focusing on.

- Creating and playing playlists on my computer that help me focus on an ongoing goal or interest.

- Lots of little "Let me move forward towards this thing" workings while driving.

Stuff I do less frequently:
- Specific magical spellwork of any kind (I might do 4-6 structured spellworkings in the average year)

- Structured ritual, I'm currently doing new moons, full moons, and Sabbats, but that's still a "Couple of times a month" thing, not a "couple of times a week" thing.

Thank you soo much!!! I liked those ideas :D this is awesome. Thank you for replying, and hope all goes well with your new job :) Blessed be :)

Tags: