Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Cleansing your home  (Read 4244 times)

Morgan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Cleansing your home
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:43:35 am »
Hello, a few months ago I read a delightful essay on how a woman cleanses her home (magically speaking) every month.  She said that she used sea salt to absorb all of the negative influences and that every month she replaced the sea salt.

Here is the link: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usnj&c=words&id=14405

I also know that a non pagan friend of mine uses a chakra candle to "burn" away the negativity.

I was wondering what other people used?  

I myself use quartz and sea salt.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Re: Cleansing your home
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:28:22 pm »
Quote from: Morgan;11087

I tend to only burn sage and not very often. When I feel that the negativity is really starting to build up, I go all out and burn a lot of white sage in every one of my rooms. I will also "sweep" the negativity out of my house, as well. Aside from that, I do little magical cleaning.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;11297
I tend to only burn sage and not very often. When I feel that the negativity is really starting to build up, I go all out and burn a lot of white sage in every one of my rooms. I will also "sweep" the negativity out of my house, as well. Aside from that, I do little magical cleaning.

I mostly just do a sage smudge as well.  Although I've heard of using sea salt being used by a lot of people as well.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »
Hello, a few months ago I read a delightful essay on how a woman cleanses her home (magically speaking) every month.  She said that she used sea salt to absorb all of the negative influences and that every month she replaced the sea salt.

Here is the link: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usnj&c=words&id=14405

I also know that a non pagan friend of mine uses a chakra candle to "burn" away the negativity.

I myself use quartz and sea salt.

I dont normally do it, but I find when Im upset then when I phsyically clean im little better, then when I magically clean its way better. But when I do cleanse my room I usually will use sage, or incense, and sometimes a bell , and others I will use a broom and visualize the negative energy going in a pile then I open my window and brush it all out at the end and from there picture it being neturlized by the elements.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;11311
I mostly just do a sage smudge as well.  Although I've heard of using sea salt being used by a lot of people as well.

I read the article that was posted in this thread and the author recommends having a bowl full of sea salt out at all times. It seemed intriguing. Although... it would be an odd center piece on my kitchen table (the only place I could keep it in my cubbyholeapartment). "So... you have a bowl full of salt, huh? Do you go through that much?" "Um. Yes?"
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:16 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;11777
"So... you have a bowl full of salt, huh? Do you go through that much?" "Um. Yes?"

Just say it's for margaritas.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11956
Just say it's for margaritas.

Hm. That could work...
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »
I read the article that was posted in this thread and the author recommends having a bowl full of sea salt out at all times. It seemed intriguing. Although... it would be an odd center piece on my kitchen table (the only place I could keep it in my cubbyholeapartment). "So... you have a bowl full of salt, huh? Do you go through that much?" "Um. Yes?"

Not sure why it would be necessary to have it out at all times.  Personally I prefer to put my spell work stuff away when I'm done with it.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:34:22 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;12086
Not sure why it would be necessary to have it out at all times.  Personally I prefer to put my spell work stuff away when I'm done with it.

The idea is that it continues to suck up negative energy all the time.

It's like creating an ongoing protection charm, or something of that kind, where while the charging process is a finite point in time, the action of the working continues (without you doing tons to continue it) for a substantial time afterwards.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:21:44 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;12083
Hm. That could work...

Or maybe that it keeps the humidity down?

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 06:23:15 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;12195
Or maybe that it keeps the humidity down?

I'd prefer to have people think I was a lush instead of, you know, concerned about the feel of the air in my apartment. ;)
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;12335
I'd prefer to have people think I was a lush instead of, you know, concerned about the feel of the air in my apartment. ;)

Actually, it would be a good explanation.  Keeping the humidity in an apartment down reduces the risk of mildew and things like that.  :3
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »

I know that some metaphysical stories, or even regular stores, sell blocks of Himalayan sea salt that you can put candles into, or plug in, that can act the same way?
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:30 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;12364
I know that some metaphysical stories, or even regular stores, sell blocks of Himalayan sea salt that you can put candles into, or plug in, that can act the same way?

I've got no idea as to that which you speak. Plz, 'splain?
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 09:50:09 pm »

I haven't actually cleansed this house, since we're living with someone else. However, If and when I have a home of my own, I would use the obvious choice of salt, of course. Also, I like using my herbs alot. Things such as sage, pine, and my favorite, rosemary are good purifiers. I like to make my own mixtures, too, usually involving rainwater, salt, and lemon juice. And the power of words. =)
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Tags: