Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: New Order of Druids  (Read 6111 times)

Geroth

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
New Order of Druids
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:29:20 am »
Has anybody ever done a course through the New Order of Druids? Their courses seem to be free and you get a mentor with it all as well. I had never heard of them until very recently. If so, what are they like?

Schuyler

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New Order of Druids
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:00:26 pm »
Quote from: Geroth;124232
Has anybody ever done a course through the New Order of Druids? Their courses seem to be free and you get a mentor with it all as well. I had never heard of them until very recently. If so, what are they like?

Started their Bardic Youth Course, discontinued, and am currently working through the (standard adult) Bardic Course. The former was not for me--- while it does an excellent job of discussing the basics of neo-Druidry and such, it was a bit too arts-and-crafts oriented for me. On the other hand, their regular Bardic Course is a bit more academic (each assignment must be at least 750 words, works must be cited, etc.) which I have responded more to. It is not all dry academia, as a good chunk of it requires personal introspection. The free course does not grant you a personal mentor per se, as your assignments are posted in the forums. There, any of the mentors or council members will review your work.

Their brand of druidry revolves around the Celts, Celtic mythology, and such. Irish deities seem to be favored, though one does not necessarily have to be a polytheist to ascribe to NOD's brand of druidry; in fact, there are there are Christian members.

As for the people and the forums-- they are very friendly. I have been a member for a little over a year, and I have seen very, very, very little drama!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: New Order of Druids
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »
Quote from: Geroth;124232

I realise this is quite an old thread, but I've not long started the first course - you don't get a mentor as such with the free course (now - 2016 at the time of writing), but that appears to be the only draw-back (so far) of following the free version rather than the paid-for one (as far as I can tell, of course).

So far, so good.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: