"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Some weird nonsense is going on and I'm stumped  (Read 1511 times)

truemercy

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Some weird nonsense is going on and I'm stumped
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:25:41 pm »
Hey! I'm truemercy, an avowed skeptic and generally unfaithable person who's had some darned strange things happen to her recently. Specifically, my shadow has begun to glow/have a halo in the moonlight. Not normal! Talked to a neurologist and they said it's the weirdest thing and they've never heard of a pseudohallucination like it. Strange things have happened to me before (really really accurate Tarot readings, an unfortunate invocation situation etc) but this one is hard to ignore. Because of my weird constant shadow halo. Much stronger in moonlight!

Thanks, guys.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:13:10 am by RandallS »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Some weird nonsense is going on and I'm stumped
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:13:39 am »
Quote from: truemercy;123816
Hey! I'm truemercy, an avowed skeptic and generally unfaithable person who's had some darned strange things happen to her recently. Specifically, my shadow has begun to glow/have a halo in the moonlight. Not normal! Talked to a neurologist and they said it's the weirdest thing and they've never heard of a pseudohallucination like it.

Can others see this glow/halo?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Ihexia_Rihdan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Some weird nonsense is going on and I'm stumped
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »
Hey! I'm truemercy, an avowed skeptic and generally unfaithable person who's had some darned strange things happen to her recently. Specifically, my shadow has begun to glow/have a halo in the moonlight. Not normal! Talked to a neurologist and they said it's the weirdest thing and they've never heard of a pseudohallucination like it. Strange things have happened to me before (really really accurate Tarot readings, an unfortunate invocation situation etc) but this one is hard to ignore. Because of my weird constant shadow halo. Much stronger in moonlight!

Thanks, guys.

I am curious to hear if anyone else has been able to see it. Does it have any discernable features when you see it? Colors, movements, etc?

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Some weird nonsense is going on and I'm stumped
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:53:30 am »

Thanks, guys.

It sounds weird that it's just your shadow and only has a halo in the moonlight. Have you tried using other objects in different positions and seeing if you see a halo around their shadows too? It could be some kind of sight issue that amps up the natural moon light and looks like an halo. Can other people see it too? How often has this happen and does it happen every time you're out at night?

As to the accurate Tarot readings, Tarot tends to do that a lot. It's nothing particularly unusual. :p

Tags: