Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: KOS: 7. Why Me?  (Read 3464 times)

Emerald

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
KOS: 7. Why Me?
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »
About time I put up the next one. :)

Prompt: What do you offer the Divine? What do you do because it must be done? Is there anything you're avoiding?

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: KOS: 7. Why Me?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:30:26 am »
Quote from: Emerald;121326

Prompt: What do you offer the Divine? What do you do because it must be done? Is there anything you're avoiding?

It may sound obvious, but I offer everything I have/ am and I give anything the Divine wants. I've never done it because it had to be done, I've never felt obligated to do anything. I have always wanted to offer everything so that's what I do. I do the best I can and that's pretty much all that anyone can ever do.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:35 am »

I haven't replied to this yet because I'm been thinking about it first. And thinking a lot.

I don't know if I have anything that I can offer to the Divine (or, in my terminology, to the gods, and to people, carrying the spark of divinity as they do). I think I have more to offer to other people than to the gods, really. But even there... I try to do what I can, but it always feels like it isn't enough. There are people who can offer far more than me, so - Why Me? indeed, as Shad puts it in the FK book. I fail a lot. I start a lot of things, full of promises, and then can't deliver. I run out of (various kinds of) spoons so fast that my big plans come to nothing, or to very little.

So I suppose all I can do is do what I can. I can offer my passions to the Divine - teaching, sharing stories, learning, being curious about the world. I can offer my deep loyalty and commitment to friends and kin. I can offer my glorious hyper-focus that allows me to go really deep into a subject or idea. I can offer my hearth-work, and my studies and research*, and my delight in the little things, from the silliness of my cats, to my joy that the blackberry patch in the park is in fruit. I can offer whatever service I can to my little community ('virtually' linked though we often are) - which currently seems to be giving people readings and advice, and listening, and I'm really glad I can help there. I can offer whatever knowledge I've gleaned through my studies and my interests.

I can offer everything I do.

I think maybe the key is to be aware of everything I'm doing, so that I can offer it up every moment.

*Even if those are usually about Christianity. Irony is not lost on the gods. :D:
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Nekomata

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:15 am »

I don't think I really "offer" the divine anything...I am not particularly skilled in any way, nor do I do anything that someone else couldn't do.  I think I fit into the role of just someone common doing what life needs done to keep moving. I don't feel like its a "doing because it must be done" though everyone IMO has to do things like cleaning and working under that category. I do occasionally tell myself that I will work on my studies just because I have to :whis:

Avoiding? Currently it would be finishing the progression list for FK (still stuck on reading Chalion) and working on my Sumerian studies... I've read..most...of the ETCSL but not all and haven't touched the books I got to supplement it yet..
"It starts with reading books through your butt, then it goes to speaking through your butt, then your head gets stuck up your butt and then help is needed to pull it out"- Neteruhemta

"Ah, quiet insular communities. There\'s always something nasty going on behind closed doors. I hope it involves chains. I hope they ask me to join in."- Zevran Arainai

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:36 am »

Well, I seem to have been avoiding this thread!

I'm often not certain what I offer the Divine.  I have organizational skills that I use to help others, and I think those are of use but, really, all I do is an offering to the Divine.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: