"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Intuition - how would you explain it for you?  (Read 1549 times)

earthbride

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Intuition - how would you explain it for you?
« on: August 11, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »
I'm looking for different experiences in intuition, particularly during divination.

I'm struggling with intuition or really even getting a grasp for what it "is". I am a Pisces with my moon in Cancer, so intuition should really be second nature for me. Maybe it already is.

I want to develop my intuition so I can start trusting myself and my "hunches" without wondering which thoughts are my intuition speaking and which thoughts have I "placed" there, if that makes sense.

Please share your "intuitive" experiences. Maybe tips on improving them? I am practicing with meditation currently.

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Intuition - how would you explain it for you?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:18:08 am »
Quote from: earthbride;118676
I'm looking for different experiences in intuition, particularly during divination.

I'm struggling with intuition or really even getting a grasp for what it "is". I am a Pisces with my moon in Cancer, so intuition should really be second nature for me. Maybe it already is.

I want to develop my intuition so I can start trusting myself and my "hunches" without wondering which thoughts are my intuition speaking and which thoughts have I "placed" there, if that makes sense.

Please share your "intuitive" experiences. Maybe tips on improving them? I am practicing with meditation currently.

It might just go the other way around, that you should start to trust in how amazing you already are and then the intuition starts to flow more effortlessly, because you stop clouding your perception with doubt.

Those I have helped with their divination in regards to intuition, I have always simple told them to relax and have some fun with it. That lightens their approach and make them more receptive and less doubting in their amazing abilities.

Also; my best advice is to be patient. I had one last year that came to me and was worried about not progressing fast enough, that she was far behind. The first I said was relax and be patient, it helped her tremendously. She slowly stopped blocking herself and started to build up more healthy patterns of thought that supported her chosen path. So maybe an approach is to find ways to think that supports your effort. Just a thought...
Grief and sorrow grows on the far banks of the river Styx, go there and visit them and you might not find your own way back home. - Achilles

Thebes

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

I've sometimes found it helpful to view the Universe as a timeless and placeless multidimensional vibrational wavetrain. Within vibrational wavetrains you have frequencies that resonate with other parts of the wavetrain.

If you assemble a certain grouping of wrapped wires and arcane crystals, and take another just like it thousands of miles away, and hook each of them to a properly resonant wire string through the very ether, and make one vibrate along an electromagnetic vs time vector, you can sometimes sense those vibrations within  the other. This is absolutely true, as Marconi and many others demonstrated with the science of radios.

In the same way I believe that one can "tune in" to the right "vibrations" and link into them even if they can not see them in the here and now, they can resonate with them within that timeless and spaceless model of the Universe.

That is the only way I can really explain intuition or divination, and while I can not fully explain by what mechanism I can "tune in" I often do both. My ex of 18-years still "leaks into my head" sometimes (see the Illuminatus Trilogy for more on this concept and an interesting excersise in literary timelessness). Sometimes I see what seem to be physical representation of actual reality while scrying. I just think of it as "its all vibrations man" and that works for me as a useful model of the Universe, keeps me from freaking at being able to do it, and seems to help as a tool to do it in a controlled way.

In this way I sometimes think of working magick as transmitting rather than receiving such vibrations.

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:42:40 pm »

I think one or more of Stephen King's books / characters refers to 'the still small voice' within. I think of intuition as  a similar though not literal voice, or an internal nag. When I've had that still small voice nag at me in the past and haven't listened things tend to go sideways whereas if I do things generally stay the same.

That said, I've never had that feeling when it comes to things like divination. Generally my sharp intuition kicks in when unasked for. For divination I usually go with my extant knowledge of the system and rely on the 'first guess' idea. That is for instance when you take a multiple choice test, statistically if you go back and change any answers you'll end up changing more of them to wrong answers than not. So for divination I tend to 'go with it'. So far so good I haven't fallen on my face yet!

Hope this helps some.

Tags: