Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Protection spell asap please!  (Read 6674 times)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Protection spell asap please!
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:03:47 pm »
I need a protective spell or an idea for one that doesn't involve elaborate ritual. Think hedge/green/cottage/hearth witch. Here's why:
I have several pets. I live out side of city limits. My dogs constantly get out of the fence and run around with all the other neighborhood dogs.
Now... A month and a half ago my black cat disappeared. Two weeks ago my other cat came up with a broken leg. Vet said it looks like he was kicked and the break is clean in half and can't be pinned. So he is gonna limp for life. Now today I come home and one of my dogs is injured. Skinned up legs and hurting all over. Possibly hit. I'm not sure. The thing is though,  we've lived here for 8 months and not a problem. Not until the rv park directly across the street started filling up. They are the only suspicious ones to us.
So I need a protection spell to protect my animals from whoever is hurting them. Please help.

ALiteraryLady

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Protection spell asap please!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 11:04:39 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;115539
I need a protective spell or an idea for one that doesn't involve elaborate ritual. Think hedge/green/cottage/hearth witch. Here's why:
I have several pets. I live out side of city limits. My dogs constantly get out of the fence and run around with all the other neighborhood dogs.
Now... A month and a half ago my black cat disappeared. Two weeks ago my other cat came up with a broken leg. Vet said it looks like he was kicked and the break is clean in half and can't be pinned. So he is gonna limp for life. Now today I come home and one of my dogs is injured. Skinned up legs and hurting all over. Possibly hit. I'm not sure. The thing is though,  we've lived here for 8 months and not a problem. Not until the rv park directly across the street started filling up. They are the only suspicious ones to us.
So I need a protection spell to protect my animals from whoever is hurting them. Please help.

Not to be mean here, but is your fence in bad shape? It sounds like there could be a hole in the fence that the dogs are getting out of. It could be also that the tenants in the RV park could be coming over to your place and giving you trouble, which really does suck. Have you noticed any changes in your fence, perhaps the RV folks are coming after your dogs directly, versus there being a hole in it.I would file a report with the police, and then craft a spell to keep them away while visualizing something if that works for you.

Take care of the mundane before using the magical, but a protection spell in addition to filing a report sounds like a solid game plan.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 12:18:37 am »
Quote from: ALiteraryLady;115544
Not to be mean here, but is your fence in bad shape? It sounds like there could be a hole in the fence that the dogs are getting out of. It could be also that the tenants in the RV park could be coming over to your place and giving you trouble, which really does suck. Have you noticed any changes in your fence, perhaps the RV folks are coming after your dogs directly, versus there being a hole in it.I would file a report with the police, and then craft a spell to keep them away while visualizing something if that works for you.

Take care of the mundane before using the magical, but a protection spell in addition to filing a report sounds like a solid game plan.

There is a hole. No matter what I do they get out. And you can't fence in a cat. However, like I said, we've been there eight months and no problems until they came for summer.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:24:09 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;115551
There is a hole. No matter what I do they get out. And you can't fence in a cat. However, like I said, we've been there eight months and no problems until they came for summer.

You might want to fix the fence, at least that would keep your dogs in. You can probably modify one of the protection spells in our Spell Grimoire to help. You'll probably want a spell you can do on each animal instead of one general "protect my pets" spell.  However, depending on magic if the fence will not keep the dogs in is unlikely to be completely effective.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:32:54 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;115551

keep the cats inside until the end of summer.  That's my best advice for the cats.  Or, if you can, build them a runway.  Basically a  dogrun with fence over the top.  

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Kittywalk+Outdoor+Cat+Enclosure-prod65194-65194.html?AFFID=GG&ID=413408180&creative=16652253986&adpos=1o1&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJnT1ND9rrgCFRDZQgodkykA6g

this is the idea, but I've seen in done just with fencing and and poles.  Roaming cats have a much shorter lifespan than nonroaming cats.  And they do a lot of damage to birds.  

And fix the fence hole.  No spell's going to do any real good til that's done.  

NOw if you've seen evidence that people are coming onto your property, that's another question..  But fixing the hole in the fence might help that too.  Cause if it's big enough that they can see it from over there, some kids might be considering it an invitation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:34:26 am by mandrina »
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 02:27:56 pm »
Quote from: mandrina;115572
keep the cats inside until the end of summer.  That's my best advice for the cats.  Or, if you can, build them a runway.  Basically a  dogrun with fence over the top.  

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Kittywalk+Outdoor+Cat+Enclosure-prod65194-65194.html?AFFID=GG&ID=413408180&creative=16652253986&adpos=1o1&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJnT1ND9rrgCFRDZQgodkykA6g

this is the idea, but I've seen in done just with fencing and and poles.  Roaming cats have a much shorter lifespan than nonroaming cats.  And they do a lot of damage to birds.  

And fix the fence hole.  No spell's going to do any real good til that's done.  

NOw if you've seen evidence that people are coming onto your property, that's another question..  But fixing the hole in the fence might help that too.  Cause if it's big enough that they can see it from over there, some kids might be considering it an invitation.

Thanks everyone.

Nightwind

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 03:54:39 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;115590
Thanks everyone.

Also as a way of dealing with the fence, my friends had this problem and we ended up pounding long poles of rebar into the ground just far enough apart that they couldn't get through it since the fence just wouldn't fix right in the spot they got out of constantly. The poles were long enough they couldn't get over either. You could also wind chicken wire through them as well if it will help!

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:07:14 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;115539
The thing is though,  we've lived here for 8 months and not a problem. Not until the rv park directly across the street started filling up. They are the only suspicious ones to us.

Anybody digging their way out?  Check for holes!
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:36 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;115956
Anybody digging their way out?  Check for holes!

They have ways of getting out.

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:55:27 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;115991
They have ways of getting out.

Then fix them.

Look, what your pets need is not a spell, it's a guardian that will take responsibility for their welfare. If your animals are leaving your property and getting injured, it is your responsibility to make sure they don't leave your property. Go buy some chicken wire as previously suggested, and patch the holes. If the fence is irreparable and you can't provide some other kind of outdoor enclosure, go buy some long lines and stakes. Keep your dogs tied when they are outside and only put them outside when you can supervise them. Do the same for the cats. I know most cats hate leashes and harnesses, but I also don't think they care much for being kicked and tortured.

Even if no one is purposefully hurting your animals, it is irresponsible for you to let your dogs roam free. They can be hit by cars, as you have seen, and even if they are the sweetest dogs in the world that would never hurt a fly, other people don't know that and may feel threatened to see them wandering loose. Sometimes people have been previously bitten, or have a disability that looks weird to dogs and makes them nervous, and a loose dog makes them anxious or even terrified. They should not have to feel threatened on public property or in their own yard because you can't be bothered to keep your pets contained.

If you can not properly care for your animals, find them a home with someone who can.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;115994
Then fix them.

Look, what your pets need is not a spell, it's a guardian that will take responsibility for their welfare. If your animals are leaving your property and getting injured, it is your responsibility to make sure they don't leave your property. Go buy some chicken wire as previously suggested, and patch the holes. If the fence is irreparable and you can't provide some other kind of outdoor enclosure, go buy some long lines and stakes. Keep your dogs tied when they are outside and only put them outside when you can supervise them. Do the same for the cats. I know most cats hate leashes and harnesses, but I also don't think they care much for being kicked and tortured.

Even if no one is purposefully hurting your animals, it is irresponsible for you to let your dogs roam free. They can be hit by cars, as you have seen, and even if they are the sweetest dogs in the world that would never hurt a fly, other people don't know that and may feel threatened to see them wandering loose. Sometimes people have been previously bitten, or have a disability that looks weird to dogs and makes them nervous, and a loose dog makes them anxious or even terrified. They should not have to feel threatened on public property or in their own yard because you can't be bothered to keep your pets contained.

If you can not properly care for your animals, find them a home with someone who can.

At this point my fence is not fixable. The dogs dig under and around everything. I've spent at least a days worth of hours over two dozen times fixin that fence. I've stapled chicken wire to the privacy fence, dug a trench, and buried the wire. They dug under. I threw debris in the holes and filled them back up with dirt and covered them with heavy boards and doors. They dug under. I'm left with no choice but to wait to get the money for to get an electric fence or invisible fence or whatever. The only one who stays in the yard despite the holes is my great pyrenees. I was told that's because they're home bodies and territorial. The other two are a lab mix (that I think can climb fences) and a dachshund who could dig through concrete. In fact he's the one who taught the others how to dig. So idk what else to do.

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;116506
At this point my fence is not fixable.

So idk what else to do.

Quote from: FierFlye;115994
If the fence is irreparable and you can't provide some other kind of outdoor enclosure, go buy some long lines and stakes. Keep your dogs tied when they are outside and only put them outside when you can supervise them.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;116507

This won't work. I've done it before. I have one acre and no trees except baby ones I've just planted. We currently have triple degree heat and there is no where to stake them where they can get shade. No where. Until evening anyways. And if I "make" shade they will get tangled in it. I've already done all this stuff before. We've lived here for almost 9 months. I made the dog pen around the only area that has any trees and it's the only place that has shade. It's shaded all day. And there is a little she'd in there and they stay underneath it also. They never go inside because even without a door it is too hot.

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;116509
This won't work. I've done it before. I have one acre and no trees except baby ones I've just planted. We currently have triple degree heat and there is no where to stake them where they can get shade. No where. Until evening anyways. And if I "make" shade they will get tangled in it. I've already done all this stuff before. We've lived here for almost 9 months. I made the dog pen around the only area that has any trees and it's the only place that has shade. It's shaded all day. And there is a little she'd in there and they stay underneath it also. They never go inside because even without a door it is too hot.

I know this is going to sound awful...but have you considered rehoming some of your animals?  It sounds like you're having a hard time keeping up with their needs (which can be time-consuming and expensive).  Not every lifestyle is compatible with every pet.

Brina

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;116506
At this point my fence is not fixable. The dogs dig under and around everything. I've spent at least a days worth of hours over two dozen times fixin that fence. I've stapled chicken wire to the privacy fence, dug a trench, and buried the wire. They dug under. I threw debris in the holes and filled them back up with dirt and covered them with heavy boards and doors. They dug under. I'm left with no choice but to wait to get the money for to get an electric fence or invisible fence or whatever. The only one who stays in the yard despite the holes is my great pyrenees. I was told that's because they're home bodies and territorial. The other two are a lab mix (that I think can climb fences) and a dachshund who could dig through concrete. In fact he's the one who taught the others how to dig. So idk what else to do.

So correct me if I'm wrong - you've got one of these: http://animal.discovery.com/breed-selector/dog-breeds/working/great-pyrenees.html ?

Because while it seems like a bad idea to leave any dog outside in a shadeless area in a hot climate... that goes extra double when you're talking about a breed that's been bred for cold climates.

--Chabas

Tags: