collapse

Author Topic: New to this Forum  (Read 1661 times)

amalthea

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
New to this Forum
« on: July 31, 2011, 02:49:24 am »
Hello all,

I just joined this forum today. I used to be fairly active in the online pagan community back around 1999-2001. But I grew apart from it and went my own way and had a lot of life changes. I've also grown away from paganism ever since I finished college, mostly due to moving away from all my pagan friends and those I practiced with. Recently, I have felt the need to get back to where I was 5 or 6 years ago so joining this message board is my first step. I'm clearly missing something in my life and I need to get myself back together.

Currently, I'm a grad student in biological anthropology and spend a lot of my time working on my research (so I can graduate and get the hell out of TN) and playing video games. My fiance is also pagan but like me has become distanced from our old practices. We jokingly call ourselves lazy pagans and that no longer feels right.

So, in short (the TLDR version): I'm new to the forums and while I am not new to paganism I almost feel like I am back at square one. Like how I feel every few months when technology has grown again and I wasn't paying attention.

So, hi!

Amalthea

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
New to this Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:12 am »
Quote from: amalthea;9623
So, hi!

Hi Amalthea, welcome to TC :)

Miluna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New to this Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 07:33:42 am »

So, hi!

Welcome to The Cauldron from a Lokean :)
My blog - An Open Flame

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:33 am »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:59 am »
I just joined this forum today. I used to be fairly active in the online pagan community back around 1999-2001.

Welcome to TC!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 12:33:16 pm »
Hello all,

I just joined this forum today. I used to be fairly active in the online pagan community back around 1999-2001. But I grew apart from it and went my own way and had a lot of life changes. I've also grown away from paganism ever since I finished college, mostly due to moving away from all my pagan friends and those I practiced with. Recently, I have felt the need to get back to where I was 5 or 6 years ago so joining this message board is my first step. I'm clearly missing something in my life and I need to get myself back together.

Currently, I'm a grad student in biological anthropology and spend a lot of my time working on my research (so I can graduate and get the hell out of TN) and playing video games. My fiance is also pagan but like me has become distanced from our old practices. We jokingly call ourselves lazy pagans and that no longer feels right.

So, in short (the TLDR version): I'm new to the forums and while I am not new to paganism I almost feel like I am back at square one. Like how I feel every few months when technology has grown again and I wasn't paying attention.

So, hi!

Amalthea

Hi there, and welcome to The Cauldron from a Kemetic therian!  *chirps*  It's nice to see so many new members popping up!  I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I'll see you around the forums!

Oh, and that last bit about the technology made me giggle.  I feel your pain!  :3
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Tags: