Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: There, I said it!  (Read 201828 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: There, I said it!
« Reply #2415 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
Quote from: mandrina;200470
Dear coworker.

It is your weekend to work.  If you want a weekend off, you have to trade for it, like the rest of us, not leave us with no cna's cause you want to watch your 17 year old open his gifts.  I'm working this weekend cause I wanted new years eve off, so I had to give up christmas (never mind that this actually isn't a problem for me), but you think you can have all the holidays off.  GRRRRR>
tisi.

Dear self -

Can we stop being surprised and disgruntled that people still think witchcraft is demonic? Some people just do, and sometimes it is. Get over it.

Dear world at large -

"Does it haz demons?" Is not a good way to judge whether something is good or evil for given accepted values of evil. Jeez. Demonolatry and Satanism aren't automatically evil. *rolls eyes*

Dear World Religions Teacher -

Thought you would have more sense than to equate Wicca and paganism. As usual, I was disappointed.

(Why yes, this whole post IS related to a conversation I had today about how Wicca apparently isn't a real religion and is "demonic" according to the dude who's supposed to be teaching World Religions. Bleh).

TISI
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: January 27, 2017, 05:48:26 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;201951
Dear self -

Can we stop being surprised and disgruntled that people still think witchcraft is demonic? Some people just do, and sometimes it is. Get over it.

Dear world at large -

"Does it haz demons?" Is not a good way to judge whether something is good or evil for given accepted values of evil. Jeez. Demonolatry and Satanism aren't automatically evil. *rolls eyes*

Dear World Religions Teacher -

Thought you would have more sense than to equate Wicca and paganism. As usual, I was disappointed.

(Why yes, this whole post IS related to a conversation I had today about how Wicca apparently isn't a real religion and is "demonic" according to the dude who's supposed to be teaching World Religions. Bleh).

TISI

I mean. To be fair, he's allowed to have that opinion, but like still. Bleh.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: March 04, 2017, 10:48:20 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;201953
I mean. To be fair, he's allowed to have that opinion, but like still. Bleh.

Dear Coworkers, I screwed up with Big Kathy, and I apologized, but the two of your need to apologize too, because I would never had done it if you two hadn't been screeching about the level of work on those two halls and how you needed help.  My suggestion was to split the patients evenly in the building, but no, you two had to work out something else, and pretend it was all my idea.  The part that was my idea was in my writing and crossed out, the rest is your writing,  Thanks for throwing me under the bus.  Given the other stuff going on at work, this was the final straw that made a few home things suddenly seem like good reasons to go find another job.  fingers crossed that i get it.

TISI
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2418 on: March 06, 2017, 12:38:08 am »
Quote from: mandrina;203441
... good reasons to go find another job.  fingers crossed that i get it.

Luck, Mandrina! :cf::cf::cf:

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2419 on: March 12, 2017, 04:16:40 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;203472

Dear Mom,

If you're going to start smoking again, well, it's your funeral. Possibly literally, but I know you know that, and I'm in no position to throw stones.

BUT, if you're going to be smoking inside the house, you really have to - HAVE TO - clear it with My Brother the Theologian first. I started vaping, and only smoking outside, when he moved back here, at his request, because cigarette smoke interferes with his breathing that much; your smoking will be just as bad for his breathing.

This is where he lives, and breathes; he has a right to make his own choices about how much atmospheric toxicity he's willing to deal with. Either GET HIS CONSENT, or SMOKE OUTSIDE. And I don't just mean 'you have to let him know', I mean, you have to ask him if it's okay with him - and if he says no, you have to SMOKE OUTSIDE, or not at all.

TISI.

(I've already said it to Mom, in a briefer, less in-yer-face and more just-gently-remarking way. But I strongly suspect I'll have to make a blunter stand; this serves as practice/composition.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #2420 on: March 12, 2017, 04:27:15 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;203659
TISI.

(I've already said it to Mom, in a briefer, less in-yer-face and more just-gently-remarking way. But I strongly suspect I'll have to make a blunter stand; this serves as practice/composition.)

Sunflower

Ouch. I'm reminded of how I was such an insufferable prig talking to my own parents about their smoking as a kid in the '70s. But they both eventually quit, and now they thank me for it. Mostly....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 12, 2017, 04:31:40 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;203659

TISI.

Hoo boy. Y'all have my sympathy, as an asthmatic.

Dear...*yells into the void*

I would like to escape the cardboard mines please. I don't need any more stress or pain right now. No more packing, and I don't even wanna hear about moving again for the next week.

TISI

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 13, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;329
Got something that's bugging you?  Vent it here!  (Note: As a staff member, I think I should start by instituting a prohibition against venting about other members.)

(loud exhale)

Well I keep venting it different angles of it at different places and have probably been passive-aggressively circling back around to it in unrelated conversations here for the past year BUT I DON'T FEEL BETTER

there I said SOMETHING.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 13, 2017, 08:11:35 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;203702
I DON'T FEEL BETTER
Actual targets are over it. How is everybody over it? What sorcery is that?
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #2424 on: April 04, 2017, 02:18:23 am »
Quote from: Faemon;203703
Actual targets are over it. How is everybody over it? What sorcery is that?

Dear me,

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, what the actual fuck are you doing?

I don't even know what to say.

Deep breaths.

TISI
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 04, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »
Quote from: Castus;204605
Dear me,

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, what the actual fuck are you doing?

I don't even know what to say.

Deep breaths.

TISI

*sends hugs* <3

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #2426 on: April 08, 2017, 11:09:12 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;329
Got something that's bugging you?  Vent it here!  Preferably in the most over-the-top fashion that you wouldn't dare to do in real life.  Just remember to end your vent with the phrase "There, I said it!"

Background: Since the early days of Anglo settlement, East Texas has been known as "The Piney Woods." My hometown of Houston is almost exactly situated on the climatological line where the pine forest gives way to the South Texas scrub grass plains. Back in the 1920's, the Texas A&M University System was deeded 1,722 acres of this forest about 40 miles north of Houston and it was designated as the W. G. Jones State Forest. When I was growing up in the area and participating in the Cub Scouts and, for a short time, the Boy Scouts, this was the region we generally went to along with the Boy Scouts' Camp Strake a few miles north. It was an area of primitive campgrounds, picnic areas and nature trails which was (and still is) home to many species of wildlife and a great area to bring horses and other domestic animals.

Fast forward to 2017. The developers have moved in and the Piney Woods as I knew them are virtually gone, at least within an hour's drive of Houston. Farm to Market Road 1488, once a sleepy two-lane blacktop, is now four-lane concrete and lined with strip centers. Camp Strake was sold to developers in 2013. In the midst of this exurban bustle, there still stands that 1,722 acre island of climax pine forest and hiking trails. Can't let that continue, and so....

One of our oh-so-wise state senators, whom a Facebook review identifies as VP of a real estate development company, has introduced a bill to allow construction in ten percent of the Jones State Forest. His public statement is that this was done "at the request of the Texas A&M University System" for "educational purposes." Of course, in the fine print was a proviso allowing the long-term lease of the forest land to commercial interests. The level of public outrage when that little tidbit became known may be enough to induce them to reword that proviso...but the bill itself is still moving towards becoming law. For The Children, of course....

Believe me, I'm a great supporter of the free market and free enterprise. I'm glad that the urban area of my own city has never been "zoned"; I don't see how putting bureaucrats in charge would be any improvement over putting developers in charge since incestuous relationships always seem to spring up. Still, I'D LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE COME UP WITH SOME KIND OF SYSTEM WHICH INCENTIVIZES LONG-TERM STEWARDSHIP AND THE INTERESTS OF ALL PARTIES CONCERNED (including the often-overlooked native wildlife!) OVER THAT OF SHORT-TERM FINANCIAL GAIN!!!!

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.... (1 Timothy 6:10a)

THERE, I SAID IT!
--------Eric H. Bowen
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
As Long As I'm Ranting About the Piney Woods...
« Reply #2427 on: April 08, 2017, 11:48:29 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;204779
Background: Since the early days of Anglo settlement, East Texas has been known as "The Piney Woods."

Which reminded me of this little tidbit: In late summer of 2010 I took my nephew for a trip on the steam-powered Texas State Railroad (originally built with convict labor in the 1880s to serve the penitentiary; later turned into a state historical park; management privatized in 2007 and eventually sold to private interests after our excursion...recommended if you're in the area and they're running). Very pleasant trip, 25 miles out and back through the East Texas woods. But, along the way, I noticed:
  • Along the tracks, in the midst of the woods, someone had clear-cut a large pasture...about 40 acres. Completely barren except for grass; no crops, no livestock. And no cover of any sort whatsoever.
  • At one end of the field, a solar-powered automatic feeder.
  • At the other end of the field...a deer stand.

That's not hunting, that's harvesting, you asshole! I hope that someday someone seizes every "trophy" you've acquired in such a manner and prosecutes you for FRAUD!

(There, I SAID it!)
--------Eric H. Bowen

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #2428 on: April 11, 2017, 08:55:43 am »
Quote from: ehbowen;204779

THERE, I SAID IT!

Dear boss. I know you look forward to your retirement in about four years. I know you have been grooming me to take over when you are no longer among us.

But this job does not end with your retirement. Some of us still need to work here after you have gone. So for the love of whatever god you adhere to, will you please either get GET OFF YOUR FRIGGIN ARSE and help us lobby to get the necessary changes done or just GET THE FUCK OUT on early retirement.

TISI :ashamed:
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2429 on: April 12, 2017, 12:38:05 am »
Quote from: Vixen;204822
TISI :ashamed:

Dear coworker,

Yes, I notice that you come in late every day but leave right at six. Your jokes about it being okay because you beat our lead supervisor in are not appreciated. I guess you forgot I'M also your supe, eh? This is your first job in this industry, and you are not terribly good at it - do you really think you can afford the flippancy?

Also, I really hate your pants.

TISI.

Tags: