Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Old Supplies & Statues  (Read 2189 times)

Raganhildis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Old Supplies & Statues
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:39:46 pm »
I'm in the process of turning from one faith to another, but I have a little dilemma in that I don't know what to do with my old supplies & statue. Specifically, I have a statue representing the Wiccan Goddess (never managed to obtain one of the God), and the last thing I want to do is toss it out. Throwing it away seems incredibly rude, and disrespectful. (It's also a nice piece of art.)

I would give it away, but I don't know any Wiccans or pagans, and as it's fairly obvious of what it represents, I doubt my relatives would want it.

Anyone have ideas? Leaving them to collect dust in my closet would be a shame.

Erinnightwalker

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://nightwalkinghedgehog.wordpress.com/
Re: Old Supplies & Statues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:19 pm »
Quote from: Raganhildis;9102
I'm in the process of turning from one faith to another, but I have a little dilemma in that I don't know what to do with my old supplies & statue. Specifically, I have a statue representing the Wiccan Goddess (never managed to obtain one of the God), and the last thing I want to do is toss it out. Throwing it away seems incredibly rude, and disrespectful. (It's also a nice piece of art.)

I would give it away, but I don't know any Wiccans or pagans, and as it's fairly obvious of what it represents, I doubt my relatives would want it.

Anyone have ideas? Leaving them to collect dust in my closet would be a shame.

Actually, I do. I made a group called Cauldron Classifieds for just this purpose. If you're interested, feel free to post a thread there with a picture and/or a description of the stuff you want to swap and the kind of stuff you're interested in trading for (if you want to trade, that is, and not just give it away). Its a bit slow at the moment, but you're welcome to be the first poster :) There's no charges to post and no restrictions on joining. There are some rules, but they are mostly legal bits and common sense.
The Nightwalking Hedgehog
I make ceramic art and am currently taking commissions. Have dream altar ware you\'ve always wanted, or a statue for a deity or spirit that you could never find? PM or email me and I\'ll see what I can do ;)

Raganhildis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Old Supplies & Statues
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12:08 pm »
Quote from: Erinnightwalker;9120
Actually, I do. I made a group called Cauldron Classifieds for just this purpose. If you're interested, feel free to post a thread there with a picture and/or a description of the stuff you want to swap and the kind of stuff you're interested in trading for (if you want to trade, that is, and not just give it away). Its a bit slow at the moment, but you're welcome to be the first poster :) There's no charges to post and no restrictions on joining. There are some rules, but they are mostly legal bits and common sense.

Awesome, this was just the sort of thing I was looking for. Once my phone is fixed (only camera I have), I'll post up some photos and see if anyone's interested. Thanks!

Tags: