Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: what are your favorite spells?  (Read 2814 times)

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
what are your favorite spells?
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »
there was a topic about what your first spell was and then i started thinkin about what my favorite spell was and thought it might be fun to talk about! so whats everyones favorite spell or kind of spell that you ever casted?

i usually like symbol spells but i think my favorite one was makin a witches ladder. i feel like my magic just did a work out afterwards and now i got honorary witches abs. and also witches ladders look pretty

candlemagic

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://zaprudering.wordpress.com/
Re: what are your favorite spells?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 02:49:17 pm »
Quote from: Olie;107854
there was a topic about what your first spell was and then i started thinkin about what my favorite spell was and thought it might be fun to talk about! so whats everyones favorite spell or kind of spell that you ever casted?

i usually like symbol spells but i think my favorite one was makin a witches ladder. i feel like my magic just did a work out afterwards and now i got honorary witches abs. and also witches ladders look pretty

I like luck and healing magic which I normally do through candle magic.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

I don't really have a favorite. I guess my favorite is whatever spell I need at the moment.

However, there are some types of magic I'm really good at (e.g. protection) and iother types I'm really no very good at (e.g. healing), so I'd much prefer to cast something I'm good at. :)
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Cabal

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Belgae Polytheism
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:34:38 pm »

Healing spells are the ones I find most useful!
"In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;107887
I don't really have a favorite. I guess my favorite is whatever spell I need at the moment.

However, there are some types of magic I'm really good at (e.g. protection) and iother types I'm really no very good at (e.g. healing), so I'd much prefer to cast something I'm good at. :)

This. I don't have a favorite, but there are certain types I use more often than others. It usually oscillates between healing, divination and protection more often than not.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:44:56 pm »

I love magic. I love experimenting with it, too, which I've been told in the past is dangerous. (To which I say: chickenshits.) Consequently I've tried out loads of different kinds of spells.

I'm fond of candle magic - it's easy, it's versatile, and it gives me a physical component that I can both focus on and divine from.

I like sigil magic too, for many of the same reasons and with the added bonus of being able to play with it in different ways. Graffiti, embedded in art, used in batches (a-la sigil shoaling as described on Rune Soup), saved and displayed or burnt up in flame.

Anything that requires a trip to the graveyard is always oddly enjoyable. I learned a reconciliation spell that's neat - it involves making small figures and making them a bed of sugar. I thought that one was really sweet. I enjoy making witch bottles for protection, and bottles designed to aggravate situations - shaking the latter is satisfying on a level I'm sure some would find petty.

But if we're going to pick like... a doozy of a spell we've done? Hm. I'm not going to judge on effectiveness, but rather on pure fun. Sooo...  I dunno, I do a LOT of magic, and I enjoy it. I think it would be easier to pick out the utter failures.

Ravaris

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 01:38:04 am »

Though I'm still not sure I should call it magic I do crystal work and I have a heavy focus on healing. But I also enjoy just moving energy around. Absorbing it and transmuting it.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 08:25:04 pm »
Quote from: Ravaris;108276
Though I'm still not sure I should call it magic I do crystal work and I have a heavy focus on healing. But I also enjoy just moving energy around. Absorbing it and transmuting it.

this reminds me! i like playin with energy alot too. mostly cuz its instant. dont gotta wait a while to see if it worked. and its useful for a butt load of stuff

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »
Quote from: Olie;108362
this reminds me! i like playin with energy alot too. mostly cuz its instant. dont gotta wait a while to see if it worked. and its useful for a butt load of stuff

I would argue ALL magic uses energy, but not all energy use is a spell.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:16 am »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;108425
I would argue ALL magic uses energy, but not all energy use is a spell.

yeah yeah thats true. i guess magic usually has energy. i mean the not spell castin side tho. like sensing/absorbin/releasin/stuff

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
what are your favorite spells?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 03:24:40 pm »
Quote from: Olie;108514
yeah yeah thats true. i guess magic usually has energy. i mean the not spell castin side tho. like sensing/absorbin/releasin/stuff

Olie you crack me up. I keep reading your posts and laughing. Anyways, I don't know if this would be counted as a spell or not but sometimes when I'm physically hurting (all the time) and my medicine isn't working so well I do this; I breathe in my nose and picture a neon purple and white swirled "smoke" entering my body and filling it up to every end. Then I exhale through my mouth and visualize that same smoke, only now black, leaving my body. I do it with every breath for a few minutes. The purple and white smoke are healing and the black smoke is the pain and illness. I inhale healing and exhale the problem. It actually works. The effects don't last very long, but even a little bit is a relief for me. And it's easy to do, no prep work.

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »

Mojo Bags are my favorite, i still have the first one i made, its a simple protection bag

Tags: