+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_'s Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Country
    Wales
    Religion
    Eclectic Religious Witchcraft
    Pronouns
    per/per/pers

Smooring the fire ritual

I was thinking I would like to incorporate some sort of smooring the hearth ritual into my daily practice. I'm thinking how to go about this while living in a modern house in a modern world. I don't have an open fire, I have a fire place with an electric fire with a small shrine/altar to Brighid on it.

My current nightly "ritual" as it were, is making sure the washing up is done, letting the dogs out, locking up and turning things off, so I thought If I do this in a state of mindfullness that this is the end of the day and preparation for the new day.

Then I was thinking maybe if I lit a candle and burnt some oil to help me sleep, as I'm waiting for the oil to diffuse I drink ovaltine. (ovaltine, grains and milk! ready made Brighid offering!), sit in front of the flame, pull myself in from the energies of the day and say a variation on one of the relevant prayers from the Carmina Gadelica

what do you think? Does anyone do anything similar?
    My Blog The Bone Collectors Daughter

Hey don't the wars come easy
    Hey don't the peace come hard

(Buffy Saint Marie)

Jake is not optional

Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_ is just really nice Jake_'s Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales
    Religion
    Pronouns
    per/per/pers

Re: Smooring the fire ritual

Quote Originally Posted by maybeimawitch View Post

Did i maybe put this in the wrong place? is there a better forum for it?

(Buffy Saint Marie)

Jake is not optional

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

Did i maybe put this in the wrong place? is there a better forum for it?
    The Cill's SIG has never been a high activity area- sometimes it takes us a little while to get to posts here.
    "You'll find that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort." - The Mathemagician

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,500 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 14 October | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 15 October | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

I think that sounds like a lovely and appropriate ritual. I don't do anything similar at the moment, no; not for lack of interest, but I've had trouble in the past coming up with daily ritual that feels appropriate that I can actually manage. (My instincts are towards simplistic, "low" ritual and everything I find myself attempting is significantly more complex. Cue frustration.)

I hope you'll keep us posted about how it works for you!
    "You'll find that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort." - The Mathemagician

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,500 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 14 October | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 15 October | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Last Online
    Country
    Wales
    Religion
    Pronouns
    per/per/pers

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I think that sounds like a lovely and appropriate ritual. I don't do anything similar at the moment, no; not for lack of interest, but I've had trouble in the past coming up with daily ritual that feels appropriate that I can actually manage. (My instincts are towards simplistic, "low" ritual and everything I find myself attempting is significantly more complex. Cue frustration.)

I hope you'll keep us posted about how it works for you!

Thank you, to begin with I am deliberately trying to build a practice that mostly can be incorporated into my life without a lot of complexity because I am not very good at keeping complicated schedules.

will definitely tell you how it goes after a while

(Buffy Saint Marie)

Jake is not optional

+ Reply to Thread