Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Is Channeling Dangerous? What is the purpose of Channelling?  (Read 12844 times)

MattyG

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is Channeling Dangerous? What is the purpose of Channelling?
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 04:31:59 pm »
Quote from: Jack;107733
*disappears in a puff of anti-logic*

Oh, wait, no. You're the one (a) arguing against both my existence and the DSM-IV and (b) calling names. I will leave it to those watching to decide which of us is being ridiculous. :)

To be fair, he wasn't arguing that you don't exist. He was simply calling you a liar. Clearly he has a better idea of what happens in your head than you do.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;106845
I'm a bit conflicted about Channeling and what the purpose is. I have started to research Channeling a bit and from my understanding it is a way to let a supernatural being or spirit possess you for a moment. I also continuously find references to the Ouija board as a form of Channeling. In my reading about the Ouija Board I find cases of complete possession. I refer to Ouija as such because that is the common name, but they are also called talking boards or spirit boards.

What other forms of channeling are there and what is the purpose besides divination?

[video=youtube;D4QOzi7_FUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QOzi7_FUE[/video]

I am familiar with 'horsing' a loa in the voudoun tradition and have done it once myself, but am not very comfortable with it. Half the time I think it's bogus and yet having done it once myself I cannot totally discount it.

jerseyguy77

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;107245
Considering there are countless cultures, traditions, and religions which regularly involve spirit possession ... I'm not really more or less inclined to believe you over them, or vice versa. Everyone can claim a possibility of a thing, but it's much harder to prove it's real (or not) as fact when it comes to dealing with spirits.

(I know this is an old thread)

but...

I can share a bit of my own experience here, while I can't say whether or not full on possession is a real phenomenon (like you see in movies and such) but what I can say is that spirit oppression (or attachment or spirit obsession) is a very real phenomenon, I say this because I have been living with it for over a year and a half now

I developed the condition from doing EVP for just two months back in the winter of 2015. At the time I thought EVP was different from say using a Ouija Board, or trance channeling...but I took it to the level of directly communicating with the entities that I was hearing on my recordings where it was essentially.....channeling.

What happened to me was, I first tried recording in early January, didn't catch a thing for the first few weeks, then literally just when I was about to call it quits thinking it was all rubbish...one afternoon, I got a few intelligent replies on a single recording

well this hooked me in, I became really fascinated and curious about the whole thing at this point so I kept recording. It took about another week where I really wasn't hearing much, but then it's like the veil lifted or something and I started hearing all of these faint voices on the recordings.

the voices were very faint at first so I kept listening to each recording over and over again a few times to make out what was being said...this was a big mistake as later I would realize that doing this, by listening deep into the recordings, essentially altered my sense of hearing.....I don't claim to be a psychic medium or anything, but if one has any degree of extrasensory perception, even if it is dormant, you can open it up by doing things like this...in my case it involved hearing

as the weeks went by I found I was getting better now at hearing these fainter voices,  but I would still also get louder and clearer EVPs occasionally and I would play these recordings for friend and they would hear most of them as well.

I was amazed at how I was catching so many fainter voices and I was getting so much better at hearing them that I did go far beyond just merely catching EVPs, I reached a point where I was directly communicating with these entities

I was essentially at this point channeling by means of EVP

all of the voices for the first month were either seemingly benign at least to being quite friendly and benevolent...they claimed to be the spirits of humans, some that I had even known or knew of

but during the second month of my recording venture, things started to change, it was slight at first, I would get a few negative voices here and there, profanity, insults, threats, etc... it surprised me at first because up to that point I was only hearing friendly voices...I tried to ignore it and keep going because these benevolent voices were still present but they just became more and more of a presence on my recordings as the days went on until they literally began to dominate every session that I did

things reached a disturbing climax at the end of February when one day at my work when I was near a fan, I literally started hearing these same menacing / negative voices that I had recently been hearing on my recordings coming over loud and clear over the noise of the fan...they had literally come out of the recordings

I was freaked out by this to say the least and quit doing EVP soon after but all during the next month I kept having more and more incidents of hearing these voices with just my naked ears...it was escalating by the day

I also started experiencing what I can only describe as "physical disturbances" that is I started to feel strange sensations on my body like weird vibrations that moved around on me. Then there was a week where literally every night, as soon as I got into bed, I would literally feel a finger coming up out of the mattress and poking me in the lower back...getting to sleep at night started to become a problem. I would also go into my work and find EVPs directed at me on the voice mail...mostly scary stuff like "We're coming for you"

so that whole month, things were steadily getting out of hand and in the beginning of April things just went ballistic...I started hearing these voices at all times, 24/7 non-stop..I was hearing them in my head and also through anything that made any kind of steady background noise

It's hard even to describe, but I was hearing these voices at an intense level coming through things like fans, the shower, the wind, the rain, passing cars...anything that made a steady noise would seem to mutate and these distorted voices would emerge and the voices were very strong

the physical disturbances got worse to, I would be feeling things biting me and moving around inside of me...it was horrible...I was a total wreck for about 4 months before things began to mellow out a bit

but to sum it up a bit, I'm still hearing these voices everyday and feeling the physical disturbances every night...only now it's just not as intense and I think that's mostly because I've simply become more desensitized to it but its something I still live with every day now though I quit channeling well over a year ago

I went into doing EVP thinking it was different than say using a Quija Board,,but it can also be used as a means of channeling as well..I was naive and got hit and life has never been the same since

so while I can't say anything about full on possession...attachments and oppression are very real and what it looks like at least in one form is a condition of hearing voices all the time...it's essentially getting hit with schizophrenia even though otherwise I do not feel sick at all. I was a wreck for a few months but I hold a job, I own a home...I'm fully functional now, I just hear these voices everyday and experience these physical disturbances every night (I have to take sleep aids now every night to get to sleep)

so when channeling goes bad, this is one possible outcome. I'm not alone either, in the past year after researching this, I have met several others who also developed this condition of hearing voices after some form of channeling including Ouija Boards, Spirit Boxes, Automatic writing, using pendulums ....I really don't think it's the means..it's the openness of the individual and reaching this communication level with spirit entities

and I don't buy that "like attracts like"...or it was my own negativity that attracted these entities..some of the others I know are the nicest most helpful people you could ever meet...I think some of these new age sayings have basically become a dogma ...as rigid as any other dogma but sometimes they simply aren't true.

what I will say is we all let the fascination of establishing contact with these entities go to our heads and led us to having a false sense of security...we basically got blinded by curiosity and we never saw the danger coming and it happens real fast to...from the time I captured my first EVP to the time I started hearing them with just my ears outside of the recordings was less than two months...most of the other cases I know about happened very quickly as well...it all happens so fast you don't realized you're walking right into a trap and then you're hit

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2016, 12:54:48 am »
Quote from: jerseyguy77;198726
I really don't think it's the means..it's the openness of the individual and reaching this communication level with spirit entities

and I don't buy that "like attracts like"...or it was my own negativity that attracted these entities..some of the others I know are the nicest most helpful people you could ever meet...I think some of these new age sayings have basically become a dogma ...as rigid as any other dogma but sometimes they simply aren't true.

what I will say is we all let the fascination of establishing contact with these entities go to our heads and led us to having a false sense of security...we basically got blinded by curiosity and we never saw the danger coming and it happens real fast to...

I definitely agree, first, that there's probably a lot of metaphysical stuff is going on that can relate to the means by which one channels...but it shouldn't be as prescriptive as "so stay away from ouija boards, period, full stop...and do the LBRP more, it's never enough!"

That said, who it happens to and to what extent...it's a good thing that this was more of an oddity to you than something you couldn't stay on top of. When I became "possessed" so to speak by vivid fixed visions that had a life of their own, I could still recognize that they could be meaningful if carefully applied, so it was mostly grumbling about having to soften my paradigm again to make room for that experience, and do research to see what's what or what sticks, and stuff.

If I'd centered myself on how whole and flawless my previous paradigm was, well, if you don't bend then you break; and maybe in some cases that's what happens to some people, something's odd or off in that direction, and they were never taught how to hold it (or society doesn't have a clue how to hold someone like that) so they lose it. Other times, I'm sure, it just is overwhelmingly dangerous in ways we can't attribute meaning to, nor do anything with/about. And so are a lot of things in life.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: