Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Baby Steps and Exercise  (Read 11219 times)

Nekomata

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Steps and Exercise
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:06 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;104300
It's time for another baby steps thread!

Exercise is my arch-enemy but, in order to nurture myself (and my Dark Flame) I need to do something.  I need to get up and move from time to time in a purposeful way that doesn't involve "let's walk to the State Store for another bottle of wine."

(Although, walking to get a bottle of wine is preferable to driving to get one, right???)

This week, I started purposefully doing (or trying to do) a series of 15 minute exercises (streamed from Amazon).  I've done one each day for three days now and while I feel like the lovely woman in the video is trying to kill me, I'm also having fun with it.  I'm also planning to add swimming back in, starting next week, 3 days a week.

So, what do you do?  Is there something you'd like to do, but haven't started?  Let's post our baby steps toward greater body movement here!

I was doing training physically for a job change back in March, and ended up injuring my ankle at my current job. It was a bad sprain that effectively stopped all my workouts. Now that it is basically healed I am working back into the system again- calisthenics and (ugh) running.
"It starts with reading books through your butt, then it goes to speaking through your butt, then your head gets stuck up your butt and then help is needed to pull it out"- Neteruhemta

"Ah, quiet insular communities. There\'s always something nasty going on behind closed doors. I hope it involves chains. I hope they ask me to join in."- Zevran Arainai

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 09:58:55 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;104300
It's time for another baby steps thread!

Exercise is my arch-enemy but, in order to nurture myself (and my Dark Flame) I need to do something.  I need to get up and move from time to time in a purposeful way that doesn't involve "let's walk to the State Store for another bottle of wine."

(Although, walking to get a bottle of wine is preferable to driving to get one, right???)

This week, I started purposefully doing (or trying to do) a series of 15 minute exercises (streamed from Amazon).  I've done one each day for three days now and while I feel like the lovely woman in the video is trying to kill me, I'm also having fun with it.  I'm also planning to add swimming back in, starting next week, 3 days a week.

So, what do you do?  Is there something you'd like to do, but haven't started?  Let's post our baby steps toward greater body movement here!

So, yeah.  Exercise has fallen from my list of things to do; although I know I should want to do it, I don't.  In the spirit of that bleh feeling, I thought I'd revive this thread.

Anyone doing anything interesting, exercise-wise?  Anyone want to team up to motivate one another?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

savveir

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:09 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;133727
So, yeah.  Exercise has fallen from my list of things to do; although I know I should want to do it, I don't.  In the spirit of that bleh feeling, I thought I'd revive this thread.

Anyone doing anything interesting, exercise-wise?  Anyone want to team up to motivate one another?

Until a couple of days ago I'd been doing good amounts of exercise every day or two. It fell off a bit because my time has been taken up with christmas preparations. I'd only had it going for 3 weeks or so, took me a while to get into a groove of sorts.
I've pulled out my old Wii fit, and I'm also doing weights every 2-3 days depending on muscle strain. I'm still learning my limits.
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
-Lewis Carroll

beachglass

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 10:11:24 am »

Both my preferred yoga class and dance class were cancelled this fall, so I'm getting almost no exercise besides walking to the bus stop. I subscribe to an online yoga service that I hardly use, and they're going to have a "Yoga Tune Up" program for New Year's, so I'm planning to start that. I've never been good at keeping up with a home exercise program, so I'm hoping my husband will agree to do it with me and help keep me motivated. Other accountability is definitely welcomed. :)
"The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."  ~ Robert Smith

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 11:30:16 am »

I'm trying to go swimming regularly, but it's very, very tiring (especially at this time of the year), and I'm getting dehydrated (and therefore migrainey) even with a bottle of water on the side of the pool. So I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I do have a lovely swimming pool nearby, though!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Tags: