Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Alternative/Revisionist Histories People Like King David and Solomon were Black  (Read 11961 times)

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
People Like King David and Solomon were Black
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:44:44 am »
If this isn't a revisionist history then I don't know what is. I was on the net, because someone had said here that someone told her that unless your black the Kemetic gods won't hear you. I found this article that someone wrote that said that the Jews of old were black, that their religion comes from Africa, and that they wrote the Bible. The bad part is that if some person decides to make this fact then they will be labeling modern Jews as fakes or whatever.

They even included Voodoo in this article.

Why in the world do people like that allowed near a computer? This is clear attacking another group of people and trying to take away something that was given to them, according to their religion. Stop stealing, people, what doesn't belong to you. I'll post a link to the page so that you can laugh at another person's weird brain.

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/africans_wrote_the_bible.htm

If this is not allowed on the forum then you can remove it. Just a little food for thought and how far this way of thinking has gone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:27:54 am by SunflowerP »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: People Like King David and Solomon were Black
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:11:42 am »
Quote from: RedHawk;102424
If this isn't a revisionist history then I don't know what is.

As far as I know there is no evidence to support such beliefs. Of course, there's not a lot of evidence to refute them either. Skin color is far more important (as in likely to be mentioned in records and writings) in the modern world than it was in the ancient world.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:45:36 am »
If this isn't a revisionist history then I don't know what is.

I have so much to say to this, and none of it good. At the end of the day, Christianity and Judaism were the perpetrators of much slavery throughout history. It doesn't make sense to me at all that black people become Christians, much less that they would try to claim a religion that enslaved much of the know world throughout its long and bloody history.

If I say more, I'm sure I'll get myself into trouble, so, suffice it with that. The slavery aspect alone should make them NOT want to steal this religion.

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:02:26 am »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102451
I have so much to say to this, and none of it good. At the end of the day, Christianity and Judaism were the perpetrators of much slavery throughout history. It doesn't make sense to me at all that black people become Christians, much less that they would try to claim a religion that enslaved much of the know world throughout its long and bloody history.

If I say more, I'm sure I'll get myself into trouble, so, suffice it with that. The slavery aspect alone should make them NOT want to steal this religion.

During what was the new world slavery.  Being a slave was being in Hell, and the Christianity offered a way to deal with it.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:06:11 am »

Why in the world do people like that allowed near a computer? This is clear attacking another group of people and trying to take away something that was given to them, according to their religion. Stop stealing, people, what doesn't belong to you. I'll post a link to the page so that you can laugh at another person's weird brain.

As an African American who has to learn about my own people's contributions to the country I live in away from school since it isn't taught, I find the bolded statement HILARIOUS. Now I don't get with revisionist history of any type, but the way minority contributions and accomplishments are often "erased" from the West to the point that some people are surprised to find out people of color actually created/invented/spear-headed anything positive or noteworthy is not borderline theft it IS theft.

And you want to talk about "theft?" Tell me how Nikolas Sarkozy saying that "Africa is just now beginning to enter history." isn't theft of an entire continents achievements and cultures at the behest of some privileged European ass clown? And how many times are aspects of black or African culture shown as savage, lesser than, crude, and primitive until some great white hope shows up to make it "civilized?"

As I said, I don't think revisionist history if right in any sense, but I also think it's often a backlash from literally being told that your people, your kind, are worth nothing. Because that's the message I get every. fucking. day. Some don't handle it as well as others and delusion is one way of not handling it well.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 09:10:51 am »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102451

Speaking of revisionist history.

Nearly all cultures have had slaves, throughout recorded history. Christianity did nothing to fix it for centuries, but it wasn't a new practice, either for Christians or Jews. The ancient Egyptians had slaves, the Romans had slaves, the Babylonians had slaves, the ancient Chinese had slaves. You're blaming religion for what was a worldwide problem, even in parts of the world where the people had never heard of the religions in question, even in centuries before the religions existed.

New World slavery was a level of hell that hadn't been seen before, but many of the people who worked for an end to it were devout Christians acting on their faith. You can't blame religion for cultural problems.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:29:01 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;102457

Nearly all cultures have had slaves, throughout recorded history. Christianity did nothing to fix it for centuries, but it wasn't a new practice, either for Christians or Jews. The ancient Egyptians had slaves, the Romans had slaves, the Babylonians had slaves, the ancient Chinese had slaves. You're blaming religion for what was a worldwide problem, even in parts of the world where the people had never heard of the religions in question, even in centuries before the religions existed.

New World slavery was a level of hell that hadn't been seen before, but many of the people who worked for an end to it were devout Christians acting on their faith. You can't blame religion for cultural problems.

I didn't indicate that it was new.

The point isn't even whether or not christianity was responsible for almost 2,000 years of slavery (which it was, whether "everybody else did it, too" or not). The issue is that people whose main complaint is slavery should not be trying to take over the roots of a religion that openly still condones it in their holy book!

That would be very much akin to me, being against coercion in adoption as I am, joining the National Council for Adoption, which openly condones and even TEACHES people HOW to coerce mothers into relinquishment... but CLAIMS that they don't.

To this day, the bible still condones slavery, and it ALWAYS WILL.

As far as christians being responsible for ending it... who else could? Everyone else was being killed or enslaved! Only christians were free (and even a lot of them were enslaved by christians).

The thread is about black people trying to usurp judaism... it's not about buddhism or taoism or islam.

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:40:32 am »
Quote from: mlr52;102454
During what was the new world slavery.  Being a slave was being in Hell, and the Christianity offered a way to deal with it.

It is dishonest and disingenuous to claim that "new world slavery" was somehow worse or different. Tell that to the people of the Philippines. How their suffering was less while they were wiped out and made into galleon slaves, with lifespans of about 8 years, tops, before they were thrown overboard because they couldn't work anymore.

The brutality of that form of slavery was nothing new at all. There are multitudes of jobs long prior to the new world that had the same, if not greater, level of slavery and brutality.

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 09:52:29 am »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102461
It is dishonest and disingenuous to claim that "new world slavery" was somehow worse or different. Tell that to the people of the Philippines. How their suffering was less while they were wiped out and made into galleon slaves, with lifespans of about 8 years, tops, before they were thrown overboard because they couldn't work anymore.

The brutality of that form of slavery was nothing new at all. There are multitudes of jobs long prior to the new world that had the same, if not greater, level of slavery and brutality.

Seriously, why do people open their mouths when they have no fucking idea what they are talking about? Randall is going to have to put me in time out because I am about to get emotional and when I get emotional I get bad at watching my mouth.

New World Slavery, while just as brutal as any other, led to the systematic killing, degredation, and continued oppression of millions of people based on their skin color. Their phenotype. Not who they worshipped, or who they owed money to, but a phenotype. Something that couldn't be changed and couldn't be "bought out of." This slavery then had/has repercussions that continue to this day. It's why there are sun down towns and why I've been called a nigger more time than I care to think about.

The legacy of slavery and the racism behind it, in the New World, is what allows a white man with a criminal record to get a job before a black man with a college degree.

As someone who bears this legacy, I always try to be observant of the suffering of others but don't be so flippant about history that isn't yours and doesn't pertain to you.

And I'm not even playing the "I'm offended" card. I'm playing the "fuck you and your fuckery" card.

So I'll go stand in my corner now.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 10:08:52 am »
Quote from: dionysiandame;102463
New World Slavery, while just as brutal as any other, led to the systematic killing, degredation, and continued oppression of millions of people based on their skin color.

I'm sorry, but that is not different. The bible clearly states that you may buy outsiders and OWN THEM, but you may not do so to YOUR OWN KIND.

That system was in place well before the new world, and it was exercised well before the new world. It was wrong well before the new world. It was common and horrific well before the new world.

It was the new world when it began to be seen for the excess that it had always been, I can't argue that. But it's NOT TRUE that it was new.

The bible itself clearly states that people different from you, people foreign to you, can and should be enslaved differently (and more brutally) than "your own". The Torah is far older than the new world, and it reflected the mindset at the time. Those people over there that looked different could be slaves FOR LIFE and could be inherited. But "your kind" could NOT (unless you tricked them the way the bible shows you how to).

Racial slavery was nothing new. It was ancient. It IS ancient.

I am sorry that you're upset, but the truth is very ugly. It was a timeless tradition by that point. There was no escalation of slavery to a new level. That is propaganda, trying to whitewash the past misdeeds of people long before the new world was ever pillaged.

That's my whole problem with the issue of slavery to begin with. Racial slavery was well-established well over 2,000 years ago. The Torah was written well before 1 AD, and it clearly and without apology states that YOU MAY OWN THE OTHER, the foreigner, but YOUR OWN KIND, you must release every Jubilee. That was no big deal because it was COMMONPLACE to enslave people that were not YOUR KIND in some way, shape, or form. So commonplace as to be unremarkable.

In fact, it wasn't until later that enslaving your OWN KIND in the same way as "the other" became acceptable. I mean, what are you to do when you run out of "the other" and you need slaves?

That's the truth of it. As I stated already, many people were made galley slaves, because they didn't live long. You can't kill your own kind that way, that would just be immoral! My goodness!

What black people suffered was horrific. Truly horrific. It wasn't new. But it was, and is, still horrific.

American Indians were butchered for the color of their skin. That was also horrific. They were not even considered worthy of being slaves... they were just butchered. Horrific.

Racism isn't new, and it never was new.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:47 am »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102466
I'm sorry, but that is not different. The bible clearly states that you may buy outsiders and OWN THEM, but you may not do so to YOUR OWN KIND.

That system was in place well before the new world, and it was exercised well before the new world. It was wrong well before the new world. It was common and horrific well before the new world.

It was the new world when it began to be seen for the excess that it had always been, I can't argue that. But it's NOT TRUE that it was new.

The bible itself clearly states that people different from you, people foreign to you, can and should be enslaved differently (and more brutally) than "your own". The Torah is far older than the new world, and it reflected the mindset at the time. Those people over there that looked different could be slaves FOR LIFE and could be inherited. But "your kind" could NOT (unless you tricked them the way the bible shows you how to).

Racial slavery was nothing new. It was ancient. It IS ancient.

I am sorry that you're upset, but the truth is very ugly. It was a timeless tradition by that point. There was no escalation of slavery to a new level. That is propaganda, trying to whitewash the past misdeeds of people long before the new world was ever pillaged.

That's my whole problem with the issue of slavery to begin with. Racial slavery was well-established well over 2,000 years ago. The Torah was written well before 1 AD, and it clearly and without apology states that YOU MAY OWN THE OTHER, the foreigner, but YOUR OWN KIND, you must release every Jubilee. That was no big deal because it was COMMONPLACE to enslave people that were not YOUR KIND in some way, shape, or form. So commonplace as to be unremarkable.

In fact, it wasn't until later that enslaving your OWN KIND in the same way as "the other" became acceptable. I mean, what are you to do when you run out of "the other" and you need slaves?

That's the truth of it. As I stated already, many people were made galley slaves, because they didn't live long. You can't kill your own kind that way, that would just be immoral! My goodness!

What black people suffered was horrific. Truly horrific. It wasn't new. But it was, and is, still horrific.

American Indians were butchered for the color of their skin. That was also horrific. They were not even considered worthy of being slaves... they were just butchered. Horrific.

Racism isn't new, and it never was new.

Being of Native descent, I'm going to point out that you're oversimplifying our history, too. Must be nice to have the privilege of that luxury.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 12:08:29 pm »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102461

The difference was that slavery in the new world, was based on skin color and it was hereditary.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 03:23:50 pm »
Quote from: mlr52;102486
The difference was that slavery in the new world, was based on skin color and it was hereditary.

I thought roman and hebrew slavery was hereditary too (outside of hebrew owned by hebrews).  one might be able to buy freedom or might get freed later in life, but in general, if your mom or dad was a slave, so were you.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 06:53:54 pm »
Quote from: dionysiandame;102463
Seriously, why do people open their mouths when they have no fucking idea what they are talking about? Randall is going to have to put me in time out because I am about to get emotional and when I get emotional I get bad at watching my mouth.

At least in this post you seemed to manage okay.

New World Slavery, while just as brutal as any other, led to the systematic killing, degredation, and continued oppression of millions of people based on their skin color.

This is one thing a lot of people seem to forget -- throughout most of history slaves were mostly people who had been conquered in wars, not people selected because of race or skin color. New world slavery was indeed different.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;102457

I agree, they all had slaves. Why blame one group for one thing and not blame the other people. I think this writer needs to talk to someone.

Tags: