Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Author Topic: Kickstarter campaign for "The Switch" -- a magical-realist transgender comedy  (Read 1830 times)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Meet Sü. Last week she was an upwardly-mobile software manager, at a place where her coworkers all knew her as Erwin. Life was normal enough and good enough. When Sü came out as a transsexual, she promptly lost her job. Her apartment followed.

Sü called in whatever favors she could, and that’s where our first episode leaves her: an out transsexual, unemployed and sleeping on her ex's couch at the unfashionable bottom of the rabbit hole that is the East Vancouver Queer Underground. Thrown into a world of marginal living, social inequity and quasi-legal employment, will she claw her way back to her old status? Or, to her horror, will she adapt and thrive?

The Switch is a magical-realist transgender comedy, one that delights in pushing the envelope and in holding a queer & quirky mirror up to our own lives. And at the heart of it all is Sü, the weird experiences she has, and the people she shares them with.

Season One consists of six half-hour episodes. With your help, it will be shot in Vancouver, Canada over the Summer of 2013.

Kickstarter Page

Trembling Void Studios website

I'm posting this here because I think it may be of some interest to some of our members.

I'm not involved with the project at all, but I'm hoping to be able to donate before the end of the campaign (at the end of March).
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Morag;99351
Kickstarter Page

Trembling Void Studios website

I'm posting this here because I think it may be of some interest to some of our members.

I'm not involved with the project at all, but I'm hoping to be able to donate before the end of the campaign (at the end of March).

Backed it! (Not sure if it'll reach its goal, but more queer media is a good thing!)

Tags: