collapse

Author Topic: Christian Satanism  (Read 4007 times)

AdamCapps

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Christian Satanism
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:22 am »
So here's the story: when I was 18 I was kicked out of the Marines for bringing my copy of the Satanic Bible to training. I was fighting for my rights and not misusing it.  So there goes my career. Made me feel bad enough to become Christian. So later in life I was watching TV and on the news comes a story about a man that couldn't have a Satanic Bible in prison. So I took a pen and ended up writing the christian satanic bible. It's been published and here's a question: if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Christian Satanism
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:10:06 am »
Quote from: AdamCapps;96005
if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

Probably not much.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:08:11 pm »
It's been published and here's a question: if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

I'm not even sure what a "Christian Satanic Bible" would be. However, I really doubt that it would have much effect on society at all, After all Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible has been around for 40+ years and it hasn't had much effect on society.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Snowdrop

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »
So here's the story: when I was 18 I was kicked out of the Marines for bringing my copy of the Satanic Bible to training. I was fighting for my rights and not misusing it.  So there goes my career. Made me feel bad enough to become Christian. So later in life I was watching TV and on the news comes a story about a man that couldn't have a Satanic Bible in prison. So I took a pen and ended up writing the christian satanic bible. It's been published and here's a question: if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

So, what's in the Christian Satanic Bible?  How do you define Christian Satanism / what makes it different from other types of Satanism?

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »
if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

I think you'd get more interesting reactions to this if you asked on a Christian board. :)

I'm wondering if this is one of those literary mashups like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Did you go in and add Jesus in between what was already in the Satanic Bible?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Cabal

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Belgae Polytheism
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »
I don't know what it would do. You have to opposing themes in Christianity and Satanism. I would love to see how that mixed.
"In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

wadjet

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://eirikra.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:52 pm »
So here's the story: when I was 18 I was kicked out of the Marines for bringing my copy of the Satanic Bible to training. I was fighting for my rights and not misusing it.  So there goes my career.

This surprises me, because I have a Satanist friend who is in the military. It's right on his dog-tags. He receives a Satanic funeral if he dies.

How long ago was this? Prior to the pentacle-acceptance on the gravestones? Or were you kicked out for violating some other order?

It's been published and here's a question: if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

It would depend very much on the content of the book. Are we talking Lavey-style Satanism? Or literal choosing-to-side-with-the-Devil Satanism? (I assume this is what you mean?) Or something like, what was it, the Cain-worshiping Satanism? Or something else? There are a lot of interpretations of such a concept.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:30 pm »
Quote from: wadjet;96043
How long ago was this? Prior to the pentacle-acceptance on the gravestones?

Only peripherally relevant; the pents-on-gravestones thing was the VA, not the military per se.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:17 pm »
So I took a pen and ended up writing the christian satanic bible. It's been published and here's a question: if the Christian Satanic Bible were to become popular what would it do to society?

This is of course a meaningless question without some clue as to the content, as that would indicate what direction the intent is.  However, even without the context, given that the implications of the name are pretty much "Christianity" and "egotism", which are already the dominant forces in USonian culture as it is, my guess would be "Absolutely nothing."
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

wadjet

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://eirikra.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:44 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;96044
Only peripherally relevant; the pents-on-gravestones thing was the VA, not the military per se.

Ah. I thought that was part of a larger set of related laws.

My question remains, though: I know for a fact that Satanism is recognized at least in some military branches. So I am confused about the perceived punishment for it.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »
Quote from: wadjet;96043
This surprises me, because I have a Satanist friend who is in the military. It's right on his dog-tags. He receives a Satanic funeral if he dies.

Come to think of it, I know of several Temple of Set people who are (or were) career military.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:42:44 pm »
So here's the story: when I was 18 I was kicked out of the Marines for bringing my copy of the Satanic Bible to training. I was fighting for my rights and not misusing it.

That's odd because I knew a few LaVeyian Satanists when I was in the Marines. I couldn't even imagine the discharge code they would give you for that. 18 is an early age for seperation in training, what was the reason they put down on your dd214?
Semper Fidelis

AdamCapps

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 04:11:06 am »
Quote from: RandallS;96056
Come to think of it, I know of several Temple of Set people who are (or were) career military.

I admit the question sounded too proud like I was saying what would others do by practicing it but that's not what I meant. If it becomes popular which I'm not saying that it will but if it does what will it do in ways of people suddenly being around calling theirselves christian satanic. Probably not much is okay to say but what about in the least?

AdamCapps

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:13:52 am »
Quote from: Sage;96007
Probably not much.

I admit the question sounded too proud like I was saying what would others do by practicing it but that's not what I meant. If it becomes popular which I'm not saying that it will but if it does what will it do in ways of people suddenly being around calling theirselves christian satanic. Probably not much is okay to say but what about in the least?[/

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:18:16 am »
Quote from: AdamCapps;96069

Sorry, but this makes no sense to me.

What it would do in the least? If people would run around calling themselves Christian Satanist?

It would mean, that some folks run around calling themselves Christian Satanists.
(Whatever that's supposed to mean.)

What do you want to hear? :confused:
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Tags: