collapse

Author Topic: Cauldron Amazon Store  (Read 2828 times)

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Cauldron Amazon Store
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:12:18 pm »
I was wondering about our Amazon store; if I click on the link to our store and than purchase any item does it count for the cauldron? Do only items that are directly linked to count?  For example, if I click on the amazon link for one of the books in our review section, and buy it the cauldron benefits from it. However, if I were to click on the amazon store link and than buy jelly beans, does that still count?

I ask because I use amazon quite a bit, when I have funds, and was just wondering if my shopping would benefit the cauldron.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:44:00 am by RandallS »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Cauldron Amazon Store
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
Quote from: Leg1onna1re;7207
I was wondering about our Amazon store; if I click on the link to our store and than purchase any item does it count for the cauldron? Do only items that are directly linked to count?  For example, if I click on the amazon link for one of the books in our review section, and buy it the cauldron benefits from it. However, if I were to click on the amazon store link and than buy jelly beans, does that still count?

Provided you always go to amazon via a link on our web site or via our Amazon Store ( http://www.ecauldron.net/amazon.php ) we will get credit -- you can bookmark this page, use it for amazon (use the full screen link on this page to get rid of the frame, however, you can't bookmark the full screen page you end up at and go their directly as we will not get credit).  Some links in post on the book will give us credit as well.  If the link takes you to Amazon via our Cauldron Book Browser page -- like this link: Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs -- we will get credit. If someone posts a link directly to an amazon page, chances are we will not get credit.  However, anyone can link via the Cauldron Book Browser page with the amazon bbcode. You have to use the TEN DIGIT ISBN (or the TEN CHARACTER Amazon ASIN for non-book items) in this code:

[noparse]title of item/product name[/noparse]

where you replace the "0123456789" with the ten digit ISBN or the ten digit Amazon "ASIN"  No hyphens allowed.  The newer 13-digit ISBN does not work.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Leg1onna1re

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:24:21 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;7244
Provided you always go to amazon via a link on our web site or via our Amazon Store ( http://www.ecauldron.net/amazon.php ) we will get credit -- you can bookmark this page, use it for amazon (use the full screen link on this page to get rid of the frame, however, you can't bookmark the full screen page you end up at and go their directly as we will not get credit).

Ah ok, I will be sure to do go through that link from now on.  Thanks!

DomesticWitch

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://lifeofadomesticwitch.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 01:25:57 pm »
Provided you always go to amazon via a link on our web site or via our Amazon Store ( http://www.ecauldron.net/amazon.php ) we will get credit -- you can bookmark this page, use it for amazon (use the full screen link on this page to get rid of the frame, however, you can't bookmark the full screen page you end up at and go their directly as we will not get credit).  Some links in post on the book will give us credit as well.  If the link takes you to Amazon via our Cauldron Book Browser page -- like this link: Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs -- we will get credit. If someone posts a link directly to an amazon page, chances are we will not get credit.  However, anyone can link via the Cauldron Book Browser page with the amazon bbcode. You have to use the TEN DIGIT ISBN (or the TEN CHARACTER Amazon ASIN for non-book items) in this code:

where you replace the "0123456789" with the ten digit ISBN or the ten digit Amazon "ASIN"  No hyphens allowed.  The newer 13-digit ISBN does not work.

Does it matter if we use the first link you provided then go to the UK site? It still has the TC frame around it.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »
Quote from: DomesticWitch;7410
Does it matter if we use the first link you provided then go to the UK site? It still has the TC frame around it.

We get credit for that too -- although I don't think we've ever had enough purchases from Amazon UK to get an actual money.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 12:57:28 am »

Why couldn't I have seen this before I posted the book recommendation.  I didn't remember the code, and wasn't sure if it'd work here at the new board anyway.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

Tags: