Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Author Topic: Spell to make someone more open (bisexual-gay)?  (Read 20934 times)

Galvey

• View Profile
Spell to make someone more open (bisexual-gay)?
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:51 am »
First of all, since it's my first post and all, i should say Hello!

I know the topic question is a bit weird but before judging me, let me explain my situation..

I met this guy not so long ago, soon after we added each other on a e-messenger and started talking for hours every day. So after a month or so i told him how i feel about him. He wasn't shocked (since he was suspecting it), but afraid that he can't give me the same thing back because he's straight. At the same time he told me i'm the most important person he ever had in his life. later on he mentioned that he never says never and that he wouldn't think of anyone else than me, if he would become at least curious.
Not so long after, we were talking about astral projection (he didn't knew much about it, so i was more like telling him about my experience with it) and i told him that in a way astral projecting changed my point of view - or in other words, i became bisexual (or at least more open to it) because of it. He replied with a "?? Why didn't you suggested it sooner?!" - saying it in a way as if he would actually want to become bisexual. So i started to wonder..

I really love him and i know he feels the same kind of emotions, but because of his limitations, he can't really get past the wall.
Usually i wouldn't even bother doing this - but with this guy,... everything seems so right (except for this issue).
In general it's like we're already a "platonic" couple (finishing each others sentences, feeling what the other is feeling, thinking what the other is thinking, ect.)

So..  Could you help somehow?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Spell to make someone more open (bisexual-gay)?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:20:09 am »
Quote from: Galvey;91001

Sorry, but I do not believe that spells to get someone (who does not want to) to have a sexual relationship with you are particularly moral.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:50 am »
Quote from: RandallS;91008
Sorry, but I do not believe that spells to get someone (who does not want to) to have a sexual relationship with you are particularly moral.

I have to agree with Randall on this. It's unethical (IMO) and, to me, completely abhorrent.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Galvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:40:25 am »
Quote from: Dark Midnight;91011
I have to agree with Randall on this. It's unethical (IMO) and, to me, completely abhorrent.

That's the problem - i don't think he doesn't want to. it's more like ... he can't cause he's unable to understand it.
It doesn't really have to turn him into smth, more like.. make him more open-minded about this things. I don't want to change his way of feeling or anything like that - just making him more open to this kind of things.

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:49:44 am »
Quote from: Galvey;91014
That's the problem - i don't think he doesn't want to. it's more like ... he can't cause he's unable to understand it.
It doesn't really have to turn him into smth, more like.. make him more open-minded about this things. I don't want to change his way of feeling or anything like that - just making him more open to this kind of things.

You are wanting to change what he is. You want him to go from the person he is to what you want him to be. That is just wrong.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:13:42 am »

*shrug* I'm personally not in the business of preaching morals and ethics to people. All magic is manipulation (unless one is into that new age crap about personal transformation and such), so it does no good to moralize some spells and not others. I don't think manipulative magic is necessarily wrong, as people have been doing it for thousands of years, and many ancient cultures considered magic to be just another skill humans could use to their advantage, and didn't moralize everything with religious ethics like Abrahamic religions do. Most deities from ancient cultures weren't all that concerned with ethical behaviour of mortals as long as they honoured the gods properly.

That said, about your problem specifically, even magic has its limitations. I don't think there's a spell you can do that will change someone's sexual preferences unless he or she is already inclined that way. Magic also has a high rate of going wrong or backfiring, so even if he was inclined to be attracted to men and the spell brought it out, it may not turn out the way you want it. I'm not going into morals, but sometimes it's best to just leave things be for the sake of avoiding a bigger mess. In my experience, spells for love and attraction can cause a lot more damage than they are worth, but hey, everything is a learning experience. Life keeps a balance, no matter what you do, although you might get slapped in the face if you force something that isn't meant to be.

In my opinion, it sounds like he is already pretty open to what you want, judging by the things you say he has said. I think sexuality is pretty fluid, and people naturally bend if they have a connection with someone not of their usual preferred sex. I would wait it out, and let him get more used to the idea of being with another man. Since he is attracted to women, he just may be conditioned by society to think that is the only option, and just needs time to adjust to a different understanding of sexuality and attraction. Maybe you could hurry it along by doing something like etching both your names several times on a red candle and letting it burn all the way down. Keep in mind, though, that some things just won't happen no matter what you do. If he isn't inclined to be attracted to the same sex, you can't change that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:14:45 am by Nyktelios »

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

That's still changing him and tampering with things that aren't your business to tamper with.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:31:25 am »

As a queer, your reasoning pisses me off.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 11:55:11 am »

The idea that you don't respect who he is, orientation and all, tells me that even if he were so inclined, you might not be the healthiest partner for him. He's told you no. If you keep pushing, with or without his knowledge, you're not respecting his boundaries or his agency. And I don't know about you, but the idea of being with someone with that little regard for my boundaries creeps me the hell out.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:39 pm »
First of all, since it's my first post and all, i should say Hello!

I know the topic question is a bit weird but before judging me, let me explain my situation..

I met this guy not so long ago, soon after we added each other on a e-messenger and started talking for hours every day. So after a month or so i told him how i feel about him. He wasn't shocked (since he was suspecting it), but afraid that he can't give me the same thing back because he's straight. At the same time he told me i'm the most important person he ever had in his life. later on he mentioned that he never says never and that he wouldn't think of anyone else than me, if he would become at least curious.
Not so long after, we were talking about astral projection (he didn't knew much about it, so i was more like telling him about my experience with it) and i told him that in a way astral projecting changed my point of view - or in other words, i became bisexual (or at least more open to it) because of it. He replied with a "?? Why didn't you suggested it sooner?!" - saying it in a way as if he would actually want to become bisexual. So i started to wonder..

I really love him and i know he feels the same kind of emotions, but because of his limitations, he can't really get past the wall.
Usually i wouldn't even bother doing this - but with this guy,... everything seems so right (except for this issue).
In general it's like we're already a "platonic" couple (finishing each others sentences, feeling what the other is feeling, thinking what the other is thinking, ect.)

I don't bother arguing ethics in magic, but I have to say... yeah, I doubt this would end well.

There are plenty of manipulative love spells out there, but you're aiming to get someone you care about to get all bi-curious, yeah? Honestly, after this dude dabbles do you really think he's going to want to settle into a relationship?

I'd stick with talking. Being open and honest with each other is more likely to ensure your friendship survives regardless of what happens between you sexually. I mean... say you guys sleep together and he goes, "okay, tried it, not for me" how are you going to react to that?

It just seems like a mess, man. I think you'd be better off taking a step back. If you're hell bent on casting spells on him, at LEAST do some divination to see what the fallout will be.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »

It isn't wise to force something that may (and if so, should) develop on its own terms, in its own time. For now, you ought to respect his wishes and limitations.

Welcome, by the way. :)

wadjet

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://eirikra.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »

Seconding Maps's queerpissedoffedness. If your friend wanted to be more open, he'd do the spell himself.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:51:26 pm »
Quote from: wadjet;91133
Seconding Maps's queerpissedoffedness. If your friend wanted to be more open, he'd do the spell himself.

Maybe the OP can pray the straight away.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:51:53 pm by MadZealot »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;91144
Maybe the OP can pray the straight away.

::snort:: I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:11 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;91149
::snort:: I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Come on, Randall, you run the place. If anyone knows about Rule One, it should be you. :p
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Tags: