Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Information about a group or two  (Read 3826 times)

SerpentineSorcerer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://abracadabra-macabre.tumblr.com/
Information about a group or two
« on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »
I don't know if anybody would know this or not, but I've been looking for some time and have found little to any information. I wonder if anyone reading this page would know anything about a student group on Miami (by Miami I mean Miami University in Oxford Ohio) campus. It's the Miami University Pagan Student Association, would anyone know whatever happened to that group? I can't seem to find information about them.

I ask because from what I heard they were active up to last year, but I've not been able to find a newsletter, an email address, a mailing list, not even a peep. If anyone in the Oxford, Hamilton, Cincinnati area would know whatever happened to them I'd like to at least know.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"

"Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way."

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Information about a group or two
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:54:50 pm »
Quote from: SerpentineSorcerer;83942
If anyone in the Oxford, Hamilton, Cincinnati area would know whatever happened to them I'd like to at least know.

I checked the vox and got this. You may have seen that already though. Formed in September of this year is a good sign that the key contact might still be reachable.

SerpentineSorcerer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://abracadabra-macabre.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:00:39 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;83943
I checked the vox and got this. You may have seen that already though. Formed in September of this year is a good sign that the key contact might still be reachable.

lol, indeed I have. Truth be told, I'm the guy who put that up. I looked for the Miami Pagan Student Association back in september to see if there was anyone around. So I made a listing on Vox to see if I could get the attention of any pagans in that the area as for all I knew the group was dead or so underground that it was as good as dead.

So far...all is quiet on the western front, as it is said.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"

"Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way."

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:12:08 am »

I would suggest contacting your Student Association office and see if they have any contact information there. If it's anything like it is up here, your SA should have that information somewhere.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 12:36:42 am »
Quote from: SerpentineSorcerer;83944

This guy does a calendar for northern Ohio. I think he used to do them for a much much wider area a while back. The one I linked you to is current, so he's still at it at least a bit. He may have some leads for you. You could try emailing him. I never have so I have no pointers there. But I know to get on that list, he has to be contacted and that all kinds of groups are on the list. College ones are sometimes included too.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »
I don't know if anybody would know this or not, but I've been looking for some time and have found little to any information. I wonder if anyone reading this page would know anything about a student group on Miami (by Miami I mean Miami University in Oxford Ohio) campus. It's the Miami University Pagan Student Association, would anyone know whatever happened to that group? I can't seem to find information about them..

In general, it's extremely common for college Pagan groups (any small college group, actually) to be active for a bit and then suddenly disappear - all it takes is the main leadership graduating or getting very busy without having enough people to take over.

(Or sometimes there is Drama involved, which doesn't help. But even without a massive drama filled falling out, sometimes 5 people is a sustainable group with one person managing the things that hold the group together, and 4 people without that one person isn't.)

I second asking whoever oversees student groups at the college (or perhaps the campus chaplaincy, too - in many schools, religious groups would fall under that.) They may be able to put you in touch with any remaining members, but maybe not.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: