Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Alternative/Revisionist Histories I bet you'd like some Aset with your pseudohistory  (Read 6977 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: I bet you'd like some Aset with your pseudohistory
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 11:05:22 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;80754
I'm not sure if I was here longer than you, but I can do better than tell the whole story.  I found the link to the original thread it came up in:

linky linky

That one only got me to a Delphi login page, but this one worked.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:56 pm »
Quote from: Snowdrop;80661
This is one of my favorite crazy websites of all time; I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I have.  

http://www.resurrectisis.org/

:eek::confused::56::eek::confused::56::eek::confused::56::hdsk:

:monkey::pop:

Not altogether fair to compare to Spring Wolf; SW seemed to me to be a common-or-garden fluffy bunny.  This?  Is more like Weird Mutant Fluffy Bunny as painted by Dali.  On acid.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Snowdrop

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:51 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;80765
Not altogether fair to compare to Spring Wolf; SW seemed to me to be a common-or-garden fluffy bunny.  This?  Is more like Weird Mutant Fluffy Bunny as painted by Dali.  On acid.

Sunflower

Y-you mean you don't know that Brighid is Aset's long lost daughter?  You can tell because snakes.

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;80763
That one only got me to a Delphi login page, but this one worked.

Strange, it worked for me:confused:

On a side note, I have found (should really bookmark it this time) Andy's old list of the biggest WTF threads prior to SMF:

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?page=50

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Dracona

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 12:22:08 am »
This is one of my favorite crazy websites of all time; I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I have.  

2. If we all would just realize that we're descended from Her, the world would be fixed.

Erm.... what about the Australian Aboriginals who were cut off from other humans for 80,000 years? She insists everyone is descended... clever, that

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 03:02:26 am »
Quote from: Melamphoros;80772
Strange, it worked for me:confused:

On a side note, I have found (should really bookmark it this time) Andy's old list of the biggest WTF threads prior to SMF:

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?page=50

Maybe at some point you got yourself a Delphi account for TC's incarnations there, and since it was TC, reflexively set it to "stay signed in forever" (or whatever terminology Delphi uses for that)?

Alas, all but the first two (which are both in the list you linked earlier, I believe - ADM and Grey Mists) on Andy's list are for Beehive threads, which means no accessible archive:cry:.  (I actually tried, even though I was pretty sure what would happen, because the Narnia Flounce thread is the one that people kept on chatting in loooong after the OP flounced [which IIRC was on the very first page], until, oh-so-Cauldronlike, the convo turned to food, and it eventually morphed into that wonderful discussion about cookbooks.)

Sunflower

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:32 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;80802
Maybe at some point you got yourself a Delphi account for TC's incarnations there, and since it was TC, reflexively set it to "stay signed in forever" (or whatever terminology Delphi uses for that)?

I don't think I have an account there.  I mean, I had no reason to create one....

Alas, all but the first two (which are both in the list you linked earlier, I believe - ADM and Grey Mists) on Andy's list are for Beehive threads, which means no accessible archive:cry:.  (I actually tried, even though I was pretty sure what would happen, because the Narnia Flounce thread is the one that people kept on chatting in loooong after the OP flounced [which IIRC was on the very first page], until, oh-so-Cauldronlike, the convo turned to food, and it eventually morphed into that wonderful discussion about cookbooks.)

I miss that thread, too.  And looking at the SMF board, there is just not really enough quality crazy to amuse myself with.  Although that could be because I have more unpleasant emotions connected to them due to being staff for a good chunk of our time there...

My Spiritual Blog

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 08:31:32 am »
Alas, all but the first two (which are both in the list you linked earlier, I believe - ADM and Grey Mists) on Andy's list are for Beehive threads, which means no accessible archive:cry:.

Sadly, new version of PHP do not play well with old versions of Beehive -- and trying to update the databases of old versions of Beehive to work with current versions requires 10-15 successful updates. Unfortunately, successful updates are very rare with older versions of Beehive. :(
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SerpentineSorcerer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://abracadabra-macabre.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:39 am »

Some of the highlights of this person's argument:

1. Aset was once a real person and was the first anatomically modern human.  
2. If we all would just realize that we're descended from Her, the world would be fixed.
3.  Tons of words in languages that have no relationship to Kemetic are references to Her simply because they contain letters that look sort of like "Isis."  Because Isis was totally the Kemetic name for Her anyway.  Oh wait.  
4.  Only Aset-worship could have led to the Neolithic revolution!  (I think that's what the author is trying to say, anyway.)  
5.  Jesus was actually secretly one of Her worshipers; millions of Christians have had everything backwards for two millennia now.
6.  The most important feature of anatomically modern humans is having two eyebrows.

You know if we thrown in that whole Aset-Ka business, plus a few Dracula references and a dash of Scientology we could have a pretty wild conspiracy theory, or the beginnings of Dan Brown's foray into urban supernatural fiction.

(For those who may not know what I mean by Aset-Ka...hang on to your hats. A link giving the long description. The cliff notes version: Secret society that combines equal parts esoteric ritual, modern day vampire subculture, and some strange mythology about Aset being their progenitor a.k.a. mother of vampires or "vampyres")
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"

"Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way."

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:23 am »
Quote from: SerpentineSorcerer;80840

Didn't Ann Rice do that already?  I vaguely remember a book in which ritual cannibalism in ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia or somewhere gave rise to modern vampires.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 05:31:33 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;80841
Didn't Ann Rice do that already?  I vaguely remember a book in which ritual cannibalism in ancient Egypt or Mesopotamia or somewhere gave rise to modern vampires.

Yep.  Queen of the Damned.  Although I don't think the cannibalism lead directly to the creation of vampires....it's been years since I read that book.

My Spiritual Blog

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 06:17:18 pm »
Alas, all but the first two (which are both in the list you linked earlier, I believe - ADM and Grey Mists) on Andy's list are for Beehive threads, which means no accessible archive:cry:.  
Sunflower

I can't access any of the non-Delphi forum threads either. :(

There is another Delphi thread available though: "Elven goddess of the Earth?" I'm reading through it right now. :D:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:18:10 pm by Nyktipolos »
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 06:30:59 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;80878
Yep.  Queen of the Damned.  Although I don't think the cannibalism lead directly to the creation of vampires....it's been years since I read that book.

Cannibalism (funeral rites for their mother) was occurring in the scene when Maharet and Mekare (the red-headed twin witches) are abducted by Akasha's army, but no, it wasn't directed related to the turning/creation. Mekare convinces an evil spirit to plague Akasha and Enkil for abusing them (won't detail it here), and when the nobles try to murder the murder the monarchs (for all the trouble the spirit is causing) the spirit takes over Akasha and "turns" her into the first vampire as she's laying there dying.

Akasha turns Enkil, one of them turns Khayman, Khayman turns Mekare, Mekare turns Maharet, annnnnd it all goes from there.

*takes off her geeky vampire hat* :o
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 06:40:40 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;80888
Cannibalism (funeral rites for their mother) was occurring in the scene when Maharet and Mekare (the red-headed twin witches) are abducted by Akasha's army, but no, it wasn't directed related to the turning/creation. Mekare convinces an evil spirit to plague Akasha and Enkil for abusing them (won't detail it here), and when the nobles try to murder the murder the monarchs (for all the trouble the spirit is causing) the spirit takes over Akasha and "turns" her into the first vampire as she's laying there dying.

Akasha turns Enkil, one of them turns Khayman, Khayman turns Mekare, Mekare turns Maharet, annnnnd it all goes from there.

*takes off her geeky vampire hat* :o

Now see, the only thing I clearly remember from that book was the gendercidal lunatic.

My Spiritual Blog

FollowerofOdin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 01:57:38 am »

Some of the highlights of this person's argument:

1. Aset was once a real person and was the first anatomically modern human.  
3.  Tons of words in languages that have no relationship to Kemetic are references to Her simply because they contain letters that look sort of like "Isis."  Because Isis was totally the Kemetic name for Her anyway.  Oh wait.  
4.  Only Aset-worship could have led to the Neolithic revolution!  (I think that's what the author is trying to say, anyway.)  
5.  Jesus was actually secretly one of Her worshipers; millions of Christians have had everything backwards for two millennia now.
6.  The most important feature of anatomically modern humans is having two eyebrows.

Okay, I'm totally confused. I knew that things were getting bad but I didn't think it was this bad. Running to hide under a rock.

Tags: