Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Anyone Like Me  (Read 913 times)

priestessmoonstar

• View Profile
Anyone Like Me
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:07:15 pm »
I have never been one to get into spell work.  I have cast a circle or 2 in the past. I am more into reading & practicing my path alone or with my children by: yoga, meditation, crystals, (I go by their meanings/uses but also by what feels right to me.  Same with candles.) the use of candles, & tarot/other divination. (apps). I have an altar that is kept out year round in my bedroom.  I go by what things mean & feel to me not always what others say they mean or what they should be used for.  Make sense?  I'm eclectic.  Not 100% Wiccan. I don't have a BOS. I'm more on the lines of Earthy but Spiritual.  I love to read & learn about anything.  I'm very open mind minded.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:13:30 pm by priestessmoonstar »

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Anyone Like Me
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:37:31 pm »
Quote from: priestessmoonstar;78814
I have never been one to get into spell work.  I have cast a circle or 2 in the past. I am more into reading & practicing my path alone or with my children by: yoga, meditation, crystals, (I go by their meanings/uses but also by what feels right to me.  Same with candles.) the use of candles, & tarot/other divination. (apps). I have an altar that is kept out year round in my bedroom.  I go by what things mean & feel to me not always what others say they mean or what they should be used for.  Make sense?  I'm eclectic.  Not 100% Wiccan. I don't have a BOS. I'm more on the lines of Earthy but Spiritual.  I love to read & learn about anything.  I'm very open mind minded.

Welcome to TC!  There are quite a few eclectic practitioners here with wildly varying paths.  I'm one of them - a witch who focuses mostly on threshold work.

Your comment makes perfect sense to me.  I'm a firm believer that we all find our own unique path to divinity, so I love hearing how other people find their way there, particularly when they aren't following the traditional routes.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Raven Rose

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »

Sounds a lot like me, and I'm sure many other on their own solitaire path :) I also like to use herbs, natural healing etc... I just consider myself a witch or spiritual. Doesn't matter, the label isn't going to change what I believe in LOL!

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:33:17 pm »

Welcome! I'm somewhat similar and simply call my beliefs Heathen.  There are lots of eclectic and solitaries.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

priestessmoonstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:05:11 pm »
Quote from: Raven Rose;78828
Sounds a lot like me, and I'm sure many other on their own solitaire path :) I also like to use herbs, natural healing etc... I just consider myself a witch or spiritual. Doesn't matter, the label isn't going to change what I believe in LOL!

I too use herbs for health.  Forgot to mention that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:05:31 pm by priestessmoonstar »

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »

I'm very much so the same way! Welcome, you're not alone :)

Silverlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://lianslalas.bloglspot.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

I'm very much like you! :)  I've very solitary and simple.  I try and stay true to myself in my practice, not conforming to what I think I should do.  :)  See you around!

Tags: