Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

Re: Work Structure - Dark Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Vermillion View Post
    I think I will do this same thing. Do you guys think that yoga, meditation or chakra work qualifies as spiritual, though?
    I think they can, yes. Yoga is one of those things (like any exercise) that can be spiritual or just physical. It depends on the person.

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    FierFlye will become famous soon enough FierFlye's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

Quote Originally Posted by FierFlye View Post
    I think I'd add a spiritual goal to that list.
    Okay, I have been working on lists of questions for each goal category. Basically the idea is that they are journaling prompts that will help the reader decide what they need to work on. Any questions I'm missing? I'm having the hardest time coming up with spiritual questions.

Physical
    What health problems do you have? What dietary, nutritional, or exercise responsibilities do you shirk? What part of your body is the weakest? What physical goals do you have?

Emotional
    How stable are your emotions? What is your base emotion? Which emotion/s do you have trouble with? How do you feel when you're alone? With others? How do you act toward others? How do you handle stress? What about your emotions do you wish you could change? What negative thoughts do you have?

Mental
    What would you like to learn more about? What do you enjoy learning about? What don't you know much about that regularly effects you? How good is your memory?

Spiritual
    How do you connect with the Divine? Is that connection as strong as you would like it to be?

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping
    Pronouns
    she/her

Okay, I have been working on lists of questions for each goal category. Basically the idea is that they are journaling prompts that will help the reader decide what they need to work on. Any questions I'm missing? I'm having the hardest time coming up with spiritual questions.
    That's one of the reasons I'm having a hard time with spiritual as a specific option - if it's concrete work, having a nebulous *thing* really defeats the purpose IMO.

I think a better question would be "how does this relate to being Divine?" to each piece.

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett has a brilliant future Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Spiritual
    How do you connect with the Divine? Is that connection as strong as you would like it to be?
    Chiming in here with some thoughts that have worked for related kinds of reflections I've done in the past:

- Do you share any part of your spiritual practice with other people? If so, when and how?

- What do you do to connect your spiritual path to your daily life (i.e. through things you read, listen to, small actions throughout your day, etc.)

- What spiritual practices have you done the longest? Why do you keep coming back to that?

- What spiritual practices would you like to explore next? What are some ways you could include the chance to do that in your life?

- What do you wish were different about your spiritual practice? Why? What steps could you take to change that over time?
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    Chiming in here with some thoughts that have worked for related kinds of reflections I've done in the past:
    Thank you, Jenett, for those suggestions!

Here's the updated version:

Physical
    What health problems do you have? What dietary, nutritional, or exercise responsibilities do you shirk? What part of your body is the weakest? What physical goals do you have? How does this relate to being divine?

Emotional
    How stable are your emotions? What is your base emotion? Which emotion/s do you have trouble with? How do you feel when you're alone? With others? How do you act toward others? How do you handle stress? What about your emotions do you wish you could change? What negative thoughts do you have? How does this relate to being divine?

Mental
    What would you like to learn more about? What do you enjoy learning about? What don't you know much about that regularly affects you? How good is your memory? How does this relate to being divine?

Spiritual
    How do you connect with the Divine? Is that connection as strong as you would like it to be? What spiritual practices would you like to explore next? What are some ways you could include the chance to do that in your life? What do you wish were different about your spiritual practice? Why? What steps could you take to change that over time?
    "When nothing is sure, everything is possible." -Margaret Drabble

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping
    Pronouns
    she/her
    Thank you, Jenett, for those suggestions!

Here's the updated version
    I really like this. I think it covers all the bases and leaves lots of room for individual circumstances.

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

Physical
    What health problems do you have? What dietary, nutritional, or exercise responsibilities do you shirk? What part of your body is the weakest? What physical goals do you have? How does this relate to being divine?
    I'm blogging about these one section at a time: here's the Physical section. I suspect these were the easiest of them all...
    "You'll find that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort." - The Mathemagician

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,500 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 14 October | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 15 October | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni is a name known to all Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I'm blogging about these one section at a time: here's the Physical section. I suspect these were the easiest of them all...
    And here's the Emotional section. These were harder.

Is anyone else blogging/answering these?
    "You'll find that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort." - The Mathemagician

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013- we've given $2,500 to date!

The Little Sea Witch, updated 14 October | a slice of religion, writing, and other benign misadventures.
    MistSeeking, updated 15 October | syncretic-eclectic path building, now with 30% more flailing!

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping

I answered all of them at my old blog and now I am trying to figure out how to actually WORK on them.
    "When nothing is sure, everything is possible." -Margaret Drabble

Staff
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf is a name known to all veggiewolf's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Words Mean Things; Kemetic God-Slave; FlameKeeper; Reluctant Mystic; Hmtadpmt
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I'm blogging about these in LiveJournal now.
    Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
    Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
    "I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
    "I wonder if excessive cissplaining can cause people to spontaneously combust." - stephyjh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2