"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories The Illuminati and the Occult - a little offensive to Pagans?  (Read 12175 times)

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Illuminati and the Occult - a little offensive to Pagans?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 04:40:08 am »
Quote from: Sage;119279
We certainly did not.

-- Sage, whose chosen male name is Daniel Grey, just so you get the joke here

Lol I, being a weirdo, immediately thought of Dorian Grey mwahahaha

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;76028

I'm pretty sure that the Illuminati (the modern one at least) exists only in the minds of the Tin Foil Hat Brigade.

So it is!

:)

Eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 06:23:16 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;76028
Third and I'm pretty sure that the Illuminati (the modern one at least) exists only in the minds of the Tin Foil Hat Brigade.

Yes, :), exists  powerful groups (as the bilderberg club) but, they have nothing to do with These assumptions "Illuminati". However exists groups who intended to claim to be the continuation of the illuminati
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:29:07 pm by Eagle »

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
Quote from: r2squared;76006
What's your thoughts with the Illuminati's claims to be tied to a Sun worshiping cult? Are you offended, or just humored?

The "Illuninati" are yet another name for "Them", the bad guys, in the Us V Them paranoia that has had this Land addled since the McCarthy Era. Knights Templar, Bildebergers, Illuminati, Freemasons, Moe, Larry & Curly, & on & on, & on ...

I am neither offended nor humored. I am bored.

Now, I have solved one mystery. JFK & who shot him. Everyone. Everyone, except L H Oswald, that is. L H O was the only one who did not shoot Kennedy. The first bullet was fired by - Jackie Kennedy. The second was fired by JFK himself - why not, he was already dead?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:33:23 pm by DIASPORA-1963 »
MARK aka CELLVLANVS MAGVS
OMNIA DEPENDET!

DIASPORA-1963

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 10:39:19 pm »
Quote from: Larix;155320
So it is!

:)

That's aluminum foil nowadays! Watch that!
MARK aka CELLVLANVS MAGVS
OMNIA DEPENDET!

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 05:39:31 am »
Quote from: Eagle;168113
However exists groups who intended to claim to be the continuation of the illuminati

Yes, Leopold Engel– an acquaintance of Theodor Reuss–founded a fraternal order called Illuminati in the 1880s, claiming that his ancestors had been members in the 18th century order of the same name, but it was dissolved in 1903.

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 05:53:48 am »
Quote from: r2squared;76006
What's your thoughts with the Illuminati's claims to be tied to a Sun worshiping cult? Are you offended, or just humored?

I haven't read that detail before. Are you sure? From what I have read in German sources from the 1780s, the goal of the Illuminati was general literacy among the entire population, education for everyone regardless of social class-upbringing, human rights, and general suffrage. The organisation was dissolved in the mid-1780s.

Very recently an English translation of documents by the Bavarian Illuminati was published by Lewis Masonic: Josef Wäges & Reinhard Markner (eds.): The Secret School of Wisdom: The Authentic Rituals and Doctrines of the Illuminati (London 2015). I haven't read it, yet.

ajabigt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
Quote from: RecycledBenedict;187426
Very recently an English translation of documents by the Bavarian Illuminati was published by Lewis Masonic: Josef Wäges & Reinhard Markner (eds.): The Secret School of Wisdom: The Authentic Rituals and Doctrines of the Illuminati (London 2015). I haven't read it, yet.

I listened to an interview with the folks who worked on that book a year or so ago now. From what I remember of their translations on the available primary documentation the Bavarian Illuminati were essentially devotees of reason after the fashion of Enlightenment era thinkers. There is a distinct dearth of mystical occult practices in the translations of their real rituals. The goals were essentially the “enlightening” of man, and the downfall of the Church and Monarchy.

The Illuminati attempted to accomplish this through subversive influence over the institutions of the day, “Military schools, academies, book printers, book sellers, cathedral chapters, or any other institutions that influence education and government should never be ignored, and the Regents should unremittingly design plans for setting about gaining control over them” (pg. 321). In other words, affect change through propaganda.

The order itself didn’t last more than a few years, but its stated goals came to pass anyway as we can see in the significant influence the enlightenment era’s, philosophies, and revolutions have had on the course of history. The rather loose distinctions between different secret societies and the multiple allegiances of most members probably fomented the continuation of the era’s ideological undercurrents manifested in the Bavarian Illuminati.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:27:00 am by Morag »

Tags: