Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: SMF Board Members -- (Re)Introduce Yourself Here  (Read 18471 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
SMF Board Members -- (Re)Introduce Yourself Here
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:36 pm »
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2011), post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your "display name" on the  old SMF Board if it is different from what you are known as here.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:45:07 pm by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: SMF Board Members -- (Re)Introduce Yourself Here
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:22:39 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;253
....post in here and give a quick Intro.

I spent my early years moving around as an Air Force brat. My father retired to San Antonio in the mid-60s and spent most of my life there. In early 2004, I moved to Waco, TX. Christianity never did take with me as a child, although I had no bad experiences with it. I discovered Paganism from books like Paul Huson's Mastering Witchcraft and Hans Holzer's The Truth about Witchcraft and The New Pagans while in high school in the early 1970s. I have some formal training in ceremonial magick and helped lead a Wiccan coven in college. I was nabbed by Athena after college and have slowly gravitated toward Hellenic Paganism since (with a few side trips).

I've been online since about 1985, first on local BBSes, then on GEnie for most of in the 1990s (including six years as an assistant sysop on one of its SF Roundtables), and the Internet since 1994. Elspeth and I opened The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum on Delphi in December 1997. In addition to my duties as Co-Host of our message board, I am the site webmaster, and (in theory) the newsletter editor.

I'm in mid-50s (err, I turn 54 this year) and after over 40 years of being single, I married LyricFox -- seven years ago now. I enjoy reading science fiction, fantasy, history, astronomy, and whatever looks interesting at the moment. I make my living as a self-employed computer consultant and web designer specializing in the needs of individuals and very small ("Mom and Pop") businesses. I've also published a number of free tabletop roleplaying games over at my RetroRoleplaying web site.

I was RandallS on the SMF board as well.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Star

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2001), post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your "display name" on the  old SMF Board if it is different from what you are known as here.  Thanks!

Hi.  I was Star.  I'm still Star.  I'm normally the Message Board Coordinator, but work has me putting some extra time in until the end of July, so my presence here is a little spotty for a few weeks.  And so I'm going to make this quick:

Biographical and/or demographical:  I'm a programmer living in Indiana with my hubby, almost-4-year-old daughter, and a housemate.  (Until recently, there were two cats in that list too.  We've lost both of them in the past month, unfortunately.)  Grew up around here, moved around a few times but generally within the same town (and always in the same state).  Hobbies include reading, writing, photography, but apparently do not include good time management.

Religion:  Raised Lutheran by my mother, but Dad is... well, none of us (including Dad) really know what.  Non-Christian at any rate.  I was about 20 when I decided Christianity wasn't for me, then spent about a year trying to be some sort of solitary eclectic Wiccish something, then a few years not really defining myself.  Hellenic Reconstructionism kept catching my interest, and eventually I took the hint.

...Does that cover it?  :)
"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Journal: Star\'s Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Musings: The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »
If you were an active member of our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2001), post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your "display name" on the  old SMF Board if it is different from what you are known as here.  Thanks!

I'm Melamphoros ("Mel" for short) on here, on SMF and on Beehive.  I am Board Staff here at The Cauldron.  Before that I was a Threadstarter, Archaeology Newsposter, and a SIG Leader (of the now-defunct Cooking SIG).  I now run two of the new social groups: The Writers' Circle and The Artists' Studio.

I was raised in a non-denominational Protestant household (although we went to a Methodist church for a while) but started exploring other religions (Pagan religions in particular) in my mid-teens.  I have been everything from a slightly-fluffy NeoWiccan to a Hard-Ass Recon and am now following a historically-informed eclectic path.

I am also an unpublished writer and have aspirations of world domination.

(That should be good enough for an intro post...)

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 06:42:54 pm »
post in here and give a quick Intro

I am, and always have been, Juni (which is short for Juniper, and not the month of June), and I've been a Cauldronite since mid '05 or so.

I was raised in an intentionally areligious household, and my lack of knowledge and familiarity with mainstream religions has, in my opinion, been something of a handicap. I've always been a polytheist, from the stories my mother tells; I first stumbled upon paganism when I was 8. I dabbled and studied rather intermittently for several years, eventually coming to the conclusion that I would have to find my own path, as none of the ones I could find seemed to suit me. I have tried on several labels; the one that fits me best at the moment is either 'moderately eclectic hard polytheist with witchy and mystic inclinations' or 'Mistic' if I'm being punny. (Which I generally try not to be, but damnit, it fits.) My practice involves a variety of Gods, Spirits and Dead that come from several cultures, predominantly Irish Celtic, Hellenic and Kemetic.

As a member of TC, I am a SIG Leader for the Cauldron Cill and the Hazel & Oak SIGS. I tend to lurk more than I post, but I can be found in MUX quite frequently.

As for other stuff...I'm 24 years old (25 in exactly a month! Where has the time gone?) and I currently reside in southern Connecticut with my parents. I have two cats, and my parents have four more, so it's a full house. I'm single and unfortunately unemployed at the moment, but I am taking a (exceedingly, mind-numbingly tedious) certification program to become a medical trasncriptionist. In my free time, I like to read, primarily fantasy and fiction, and I love to write, strictly fantasy. I also dabble in crafting, blogging, and online role-playing. I collect vintage kimono, most things related to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Asian ball-jointed dolls. All in all, I'm definitely a geek and probably a dork.

I think I've probably rambled enough! (Though I suspect even with that wall-o-text I've left something out I meant to say...)
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:08:21 am »
... post in here and give a quick Intro.

I'm Chabas. I'm in my late twenties, have my master's in psychology, and am currently combining a parttime teaching job at bachelor level with an administrative job. I live in an apartment in the Netherlands with my boyfriend of six years and two cats.

Religiously, I was raised non-denominationally Christian, and for a long time just believed in something without defining it much - I've had issues with Christian doctrine from a pretty young age on. I started looking at paganism in my late teens, and have been hanging around at TC since that time. After some time looking at Wicca, I've found my place in Kemeticism. I don't have much of an explicit religious practice, though I intend to work out at least some practice for holidays. Mostly my practice - as a devotee of Sekhmet and Ma'at - consists of social justice and political work, mainly in the field of feminism.

I tend to be relatively quiet on the board, but can often be found in the mux, being stalked by HeartShadow. ;)

--Chabas

comW

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:58:05 am »
post in here and give a quick Intro.!

HI Im Steve AKA comW. I go by both alternately, mostly because COMW is highly unlikely to be taken as a log-in.

im flakey active but i read everything thats sent to me, and try and chat-mod/co-ord as required. Im rarely actually gone for more than 24 hours.

otherwise flamekeeper badge 3 and hangovers from a heavily christian background show most of what i am.
Steve - ComW

try and find me in the MUX. It does happen

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 01:56:42 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;254

I'm HeartShadow - Or Vieva, I answer to either.  I've been on TC for *mumble* years.

Offline, I'm a mad philosopher with a husband and child and a bad knitting habit.

I'm often to be found in the MUX, chatting, scaring the natives, etc. :)

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 02:05:18 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;280

I'm often to be found in the MUX, chatting, scaring the natives, etc. :)

The natives have long stopped being scared or even very surprised by anything you do - it's the tourists that are in for a ride...

--Chabas

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 02:10:11 pm »
Quote from: Chabas;281
The natives have long stopped being scared or even very surprised by anything you do - it's the tourists that are in for a ride...

--Chabas

This.  Although I imagine the weirdness has gone down considerably since I stopped going into MUX.

My Spiritual Blog

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 02:25:11 pm »
our old SMF board (active February 2007 through June 2001)

Psst- I think you mean June 2010?
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

comW

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »
Quote from: Juni;286
Psst- I think you mean June 2010?

it says something that it took an entire page for anyone to notice.
Steve - ComW

try and find me in the MUX. It does happen

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »
Quote from: Chabas;281

--Chabas

That's true.  I'd be a little surprised if any of the natives were bothered by me.  It would certainly show a ... lack of awareness. :D

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 02:28:32 pm »
Quote from: comW;287
it says something that it took an entire page for anyone to notice.

That we automatically correct it in our heads without noticing?

(and Juni, I think you meant 2011)

My Spiritual Blog

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 02:29:49 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;289
That we automatically correct it in our heads without noticing?

(and Juni, I think you meant 2011)

Ha! So I did.

Tags: