collapse

Author Topic: Power Stacking?  (Read 2292 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Power Stacking?
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »
I am not certain what it is. I listened to a podcast in which a shop owner described using it when she made things for her customers.

Is it using the planetary rulerships of days and hours to focus inent on and imbue energies into something at specific times?

I have a mixture that's been in process since February, and I intended to use this July full moon to deal with it a bit more. After I do this, can I say it was power stacked?

That seems like a far less awkward way to describe the makings of it to the people (a few metaphysical shop owners/workers) to whom I will give it for testing. Would they likely know what I mean? Is this common terminology?

Thank you for any help you can give.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Power Stacking?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:59 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;5037
That seems like a far less awkward way to describe the makings of it to the people (a few metaphysical shop owners/workers) to whom I will give it for testing. Would they likely know what I mean? Is this common terminology?

I've never heard it used (about magic, at least) before.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;5042
I've never heard it used (about magic, at least) before.

Oh good gravy. So it may just be something the speaker used of her own devise then. Okay. Good to know. Thank you!

Wood Rose

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:27:06 pm »
I am not certain what it is. I listened to a podcast in which a shop owner described using it when she made things for her customers.

Is it using the planetary rulerships of days and hours to focus inent on and imbue energies into something at specific times?

I have a mixture that's been in process since February, and I intended to use this July full moon to deal with it a bit more. After I do this, can I say it was power stacked?

Not a clue.

Gelfling

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:33:59 am »

If no one has any better info (I'm way too new to this to have any solid knowledge), I wonder if they kind of borrowed it from RPG terminology.  d20 games (and maybe others?) have a concept of stacking bonuses to a given stat (and a limit to the stacking so that only so much of that will help, but that's not really relevant here) if you have multiple types of powers that improve your character in a specific way.  

Without context, I can't say for sure, but maybe it's the sort of thing where they applied multiple spells, or used multiple elements that all trigger the same effect, or something like that?  It's not something I've heard in the context of real witchcraft/magic, either, but since I've rolled a natural 20 on a dexterity check in real life, I can imagine other people using power stacking in a real world context, too.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:23 am »
Quote from: Gelfling;5068
I wonder if they kind of borrowed it from RPG terminology.  d20 games (and maybe others?) have a concept of stacking bonuses to a given stat (and a limit to the stacking so that only so much of that will help, but that's not really relevant here) if you have multiple types of powers that improve your character in a specific way.  

Without context, I can't say for sure, but maybe it's the sort of thing where they applied multiple spells, or used multiple elements that all trigger the same effect, or something like that?  It's not something I've heard in the context of real witchcraft/magic, either, but since I've rolled a natural 20 on a dexterity check in real life, I can imagine other people using power stacking in a real world context, too.

This sounds likely to me. I found the podcast. It was Elemental Castings July 4th edition featuring an interview with a Miss Maya of ancientroad.com (under construction but there's a blog too. I may look there if I have the energy left for it). They were discussing water among other things. And you're guess is very close if not spot on about using multiples to trigger the same effect in an item for a customer. She mentioned the planetary rulerships too.

Now that I know it is not super common terminology I will be spared a questioning look and just smile. :)

It did make me look up the hours for Venus tomorrow though. :D

Thanks for that input! Gaming terminology is bound to end up every where eventually isn't it?

Vale

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:41:51 am »

Never heard the term either.

Tags: