Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Naming Your Blog  (Read 3835 times)

MarieBay

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Naming Your Blog
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
For those of you who use a blog as part of your spiritual practice, how did you come up with the name?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Your Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »
Quote from: MarieBay;69212
For those of you who use a blog as part of your spiritual practice, how did you come up with the name?

The name came up out of the blue, but I chose to use it because it best sums up my beliefs. :)
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 01:38:31 pm »

The name is translated into English as "Lights and Shadows Play" - because, well, my God's main association is the Light, and you can't really have light without shadows, not with Him anyway. As such, the interplay of Light and Darkness plays a major role in my spirituality.

The name just came to me, and since it's a private blog, the name doesn't really matter to anyone but myself... but still, it's been fitting.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »

Because I'm incredibly unoriginal sometimes, it's basically the English translation of my public pagan name, plus "path". :p

My private blog is "Behind the Masks", which is just a place for me to figure out what masks I wear, and who the person is underneath (the "core").
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Jezebel

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:17:32 pm »

I was trying to think of something Greek related for my further exploration into Hellenismos. I know temples didn't have doors but it's metaphorical. :p

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »

Mine is the name of a section from Maya Cosmos that talks about the architecture of Chich'en Itza and how the symbolic features of the city layout insinuate the story of creation, and the upper/surface/under world structure of the universe. It's a simple, but beautiful, thesis.

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.littlewitchmagazine.com
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »

It needed to be something with a Greek focus, as my writing is Hellenic. I also wanted it to have to do something with mythology and, if at all possible, Zeus, Athena and Hekate. I didn't quite succeed with the latter but the rest is in there. It also needed to reflect that I am a very open blogger when it comes to my emotions and experiences, but that I go through life shielded because I tend to experience a bit too much due to my HSP.

'Baring the Aegis' was perfect as the Aegis is a shield, held by Zeus and Athena. By playing with the words 'bearing' and 'baring', I got to convey another part of my needs and, of course, the Aegis is a part of Greek mythology.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.
Where I ramble on: Baring the Aegis
Where I try to be coherent: Little Witch magazine
My PaganSquare blog as hosted by Witches & Pagans
Hellenic Polytheistic charity circle Pandora\'s Kharis.

wadjet

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://eirikra.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:43:41 pm »

It's my Tarot querent. I have a really hard time thinking of good names for things like that. Ugh. Maybe once I have a better conception and actually finish writing something I'll have a better "feel" for the title.

iulla

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:41:39 pm »

My blog has a horribly boring title.  It's "A Roman Polytheist" because, well, I'm a Roman polytheist/reconstructionist.  :D:
dum spiro, spero

Lucus Antiquus:  my religious blog

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Naming Your Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 12:03:28 am »

Mine isn't solely religious in scope, so originally it was Carolinas to the Caribbean, because that was going on at the time. Recently I retitled it The Smurfette Principle, which pretty well describes where I am personally and professionally at the moment.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:08 am »

Well, it's Per Sebek because it's Sobek's house, pretty much. That's why I called it that. When I first created it as a website eight years ago, it was meant as a devotional and informational site about Sobek. It's kind of evolved since then into a spiritual blog via about three different incarnations, and the name remains, even if it's not as focussed on Sobek as it used to be.

My private spiritual blog is called Hekate's Lantern, because She's the one shining a light on things I'm currently working through. It may change or it may not, depending on where I end up.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

fjfritz

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://divineguidewithin.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »

I find drumming to be spiritually fulfilling for me. Thus, it was pretty easy. ;)

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 03:21:34 pm »

My blog is found here.

I named my blog after the well of knowledge in norse mythology. It reflects how I am always searching for wisdom and knowledge, and that my spiritual path is one way I do so.

Shadow

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 12:22:14 pm »
Quote from: thorsvin;69410
My blog is found here.

I named my blog after the well of knowledge in norse mythology. It reflects how I am always searching for wisdom and knowledge, and that my spiritual path is one way I do so.

I've just changed the name of my, still very new, blog. The name is not overly creative as naming things is really not my strong point but it is a good indicator of the types of things I choose to blog about.

I did struggle with which way round to name it 'The Feminist Pagan' or 'The Pagan Feminist' and I honestly don't know why I went the way I did? :confused:

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 03:01:26 am »

I started a new blog to honor my new life changes Arcana of a Theatre Artist.

I was seeking a name that reflected it all: being a theatre artist who happens to be a feminist, bisexual, wiccan, woman, geek - talking about theatre yes, but also about growing up post-grad, about my spiritual experiences (!), etc. Arcana - from the major to the minor and keeping it all holy somehow :)

Tags: