"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Getting my feet wet here  (Read 1646 times)

Dreaming River

• View Profile
Getting my feet wet here
« on: June 17, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »
Hi!

I'm new to the forum, not new to the Craft.  I'm a self-initiated "lone wolf" who has been practicing since the early 80's, when I was Called to leave-off being my path and instead start walking it.

My Tradition, as can be easily imagined, is nature-oriented.  I'm not all that keen on hermetics.  

I'm an accomplished herbalist and natural historian.  Plants, trees, rocks, fish, birds, mammals, reptiles, rocks, minerals, soils, rivers, streams, wetlands, lakes, oceans, insects, molds, natural systems, natural order, all of these are my oldest friends & comforts.  I also practice a lot of primitive skills for the sake of keeping their knowledge alive.  The Missus and I are turning our "countryside vatican" in the city into a respectable representation of an older school homestead.  Canner's garden, goats, chickens, apothecary's garden, tea garden, productive hedgerow and mature nut-trees.

I like to say I'm simple, but even simple is quite complicated.:confused:

Anyway, I'll see you folks around.:thup:

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Getting my feet wet here
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:42:43 pm »
Quote from: Dreaming River;60565
Hi!
I'm an accomplished herbalist and natural historian.  Plants, trees, rocks, fish, birds, mammals, reptiles, rocks, minerals, soils, rivers, streams, wetlands, lakes, oceans, insects, molds, natural systems, natural order, all of these are my oldest friends & comforts.  I also practice a lot of primitive skills for the sake of keeping their knowledge alive.  The Missus and I are turning our "countryside vatican" in the city into a respectable representation of an older school homestead.  Canner's garden, goats, chickens, apothecary's garden, tea garden, productive hedgerow and mature nut-trees.

Welcome! Pleased to meet you.

I look forward to reading your posts. I'm in a city and just beginning to make use of the land I have. Got a half acre on the wrong side of the tracks, but things can grow here!

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:11:39 am »
Hi!

I'm new to the forum, not new to the Craft.  I'm a self-initiated "lone wolf" who has been practicing since the early 80's, when I was Called to leave-off being my path and instead start walking it.

My Tradition, as can be easily imagined, is nature-oriented.  I'm not all that keen on hermetics.  

Croeso!
[Now using the Cryfder account]

PlaceboArtist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:27:15 am »
Hi!

Welcome! *gives cookie*

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.littlewitchmagazine.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:29:51 am »
Hi!

Welcome to the Cauldron!
Where I ramble on: Baring the Aegis
Where I try to be coherent: Little Witch magazine
My PaganSquare blog as hosted by Witches & Pagans
Hellenic Polytheistic charity circle Pandora\'s Kharis.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:12:39 am »
Hi!

Welcome to TC!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Amethyst

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://aamethyst.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:17 am »

Welcome to TC! And your life sounds so wonderful - I'm extremely jealous of all that nature you have access to. I hope your "countryside vatican" turns out well!
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.//Serbian Proverb
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.//Mark Twain
Member of the New Order of Druids//Greener Paths

fjfritz

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://divineguidewithin.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:03:30 pm »

Greetings and welcome to TC from another who started in the 80's. Things sure have changed since then, eh?

Selendrile

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 09:09:23 am »
Hi!

Welcome!

MoonCrone

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 11:30:51 am »
Hi!

Hello, and welcome to the Cauldron

MoonCrone
It\'s all about the Ebb and Flow...

Tags: