Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Prayers for two kitties  (Read 5256 times)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Prayers for two kitties
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:58:33 am »
Just a note, I apologize if this message is about as clear as mud. I've been up far, far longer than I wanted to be today, and I'll explain why.

First, prayers for a wee grey and white kitty me and the boy came upon while we went for a walk earlier last night. Not so much for his health (hopefully!) since he looks rather healthy, but to help us speedily find his way home since he doesn't look like a stray, but we're still on the fence about that (unusually skinny, very young, and has no collar or tattoo). We're going to start putting up flyers and calling shelters to let them know we've found a cat, and hopefully someone calls back soon. :/

Second, for my own cat. I've posted a bit before here about him and his urinary issues. We still don't know if it's crystals or an infection. :/ Either way, we thought this second round was done with since we decided to permanently take him off dry food and keep him on the special Hills diet for six months. Not even two weeks in and well... it's back, whatever IT is. So, any prayers and healing energy (mild is preferred, if that matters at all; he's a sensitive cat) would be appreciated.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to call the vet and collapse for a couple hours (if they don't want me to come in right away).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:59:18 am by Nyktipolos »
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for two kitties
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:05:10 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;3880
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to call the vet and collapse for a couple hours (if they don't want me to come in right away).

Alright, I can get in for an appointment in 2 hours. This is good! However, no point in me going to bed though. :/ I can't do naps. Heh.
On the Rivers

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:07:08 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;3881
Alright, I can get in for an appointment in 2 hours. This is good! However, no point in me going to bed though. :/ I can't do naps. Heh.

Prayers going out for kitties...and for you.  {{{Nykti}}}
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Erinnightwalker

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://nightwalkinghedgehog.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:11 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;3880

(((Nykti)))
The Nightwalking Hedgehog
I make ceramic art and am currently taking commissions. Have dream altar ware you\'ve always wanted, or a statue for a deity or spirit that you could never find? PM or email me and I\'ll see what I can do ;)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:36:39 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;3881

Thanks guys. :)

Well, vet was relatively painless (save for, y'know, my wallet). X-ray showed no stones or crystals. So chances are it may be an infection, so got the meds for that. However, if it doesn't clear up, he may have an exclusionary disease, which basically means "we don't know what's causing it, so we can't really cure it, just manage". Really, really hoping for an infection that just hasn't cleared up yet (this is the third visit in two months for the same thing) because we weren't treating with antibiotics long enough.

Also re: lost kitty. Friend can no longer keep him because he cries at night, although he's very sweet. He would get free-range of the house if she didn't have a cat (that apparently has a history of murdering other cats... thanks for telling me that afterwards, guys). I'm starting to strongly consider surrendering him to a no-kill shelter in the city, although that's IF there are any accepting right now. Really hesitant to give him over to HS, because I have no idea if they'll keep him (he's very friendly and loves people) or put him on their kill-list. :/
On the Rivers

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:49:26 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;3920
Really, really hoping for an infection that just hasn't cleared up yet (this is the third visit in two months for the same thing) because we weren't treating with antibiotics long enough.

It can take a while. One's of Haley's (our elderly dachshund) tooth infection took 20 days of antibiotics to clear up as it was still there at the end of the first 10 days.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:14:30 pm »

Also re: lost kitty. Friend can no longer keep him because he cries at night, although he's very sweet. He would get free-range of the house if she didn't have a cat (that apparently has a history of murdering other cats... thanks for telling me that afterwards, guys). I'm starting to strongly consider surrendering him to a no-kill shelter in the city, although that's IF there are any accepting right now. Really hesitant to give him over to HS, because I have no idea if they'll keep him (he's very friendly and loves people) or put him on their kill-list. :/

((((Kitty and Nykti))))
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »

One of my son's cats is constantly getting UTIs. They've changed food, litter, given a variety of different meds, but she keeps getting them.

You have my best wishes. (((Nykti and kitties)))

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:53 pm »

Poor kitty. :( Hugs to you both.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »
Also re: lost kitty. Really hesitant to give him over to HS, because I have no idea if they'll keep him (he's very friendly and loves people) or put him on their kill-list. :/

Friendly and people-loving, and very young?  Highly adoptable - and as a general rule, the HS keeps all animals (whether young and friendly, or old and cranky) on the "adopt" list for... well, as long as they can practically speaking; they do what they do because they're pro-animal and would much rather not kill them.

You might give them a phone call, while you're phoning around to no-kill shelters, to find out how long they hold animals for adoption - it's likely a good idea to check on how the no-kills go about things as well, since there's a lot more to being a good shelter than just having a no-kill policy.  (It occurs to me that his odds of finding a home - either the one he came from, or a new one - may be better at the HS.  On the one hand you have people who don't know about the no-kills, which might well include his people if they're looking for him, and on the other, people who do know about the no-kills might prefer to adopt from the HS because those animals are at higher risk.)

Scritches and good wishes to both kitties, and I've put in a word with Bast.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 06:28:01 pm »
Thanks guys. :)

Well, vet was relatively painless (save for, y'know, my wallet).

I have no idea if they'll keep him (he's very friendly and loves people) or put him on their kill-list. :/

Nykti,

All hugs and prayers being sent.  The wee one sound just like one of our young kittens.  If it weren't such a long drive from here to there I'd offer to come out and pick him up myself.  As for your own dear one, infections can be very tricky things - especially given newer strains of medication resistant bacteria.  Hoping that's all it is and that more time on the meds makes you both feel a lot better!

JM
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 02:17:55 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;3975
Friendly and people-loving, and very young?  Highly adoptable - and as a general rule, the HS keeps all animals (whether young and friendly, or old and cranky) on the "adopt" list for... well, as long as they can practically speaking; they do what they do because they're pro-animal and would much rather not kill them.

You might give them a phone call, while you're phoning around to no-kill shelters, to find out how long they hold animals for adoption - it's likely a good idea to check on how the no-kills go about things as well, since there's a lot more to being a good shelter than just having a no-kill policy.  (It occurs to me that his odds of finding a home - either the one he came from, or a new one - may be better at the HS.  On the one hand you have people who don't know about the no-kills, which might well include his people if they're looking for him, and on the other, people who do know about the no-kills might prefer to adopt from the HS because those animals are at higher risk.)

Scritches and good wishes to both kitties, and I've put in a word with Bast.

Sunflower

Unfortunately, the HS here seems a little less.. practical. (And part of this is bitterness, because I worked with a no-kill shelter in the city that has ... for lack of better words, bad blood between HS and them, and was thus introduced to a lot of stories involving putting down cats that didn't really need to) They has a policy of killing cats who are older than 10, plus if they deem they don't have enough room, or the cat is "hostile", they'll kill them as well. I'm just honestly worried that they won't want to spend the money and time on him. :/

The other unfortunate bit is that no other no-kill shelter in my city is accepting animals. We called every single one today to leave "found lost pet" info (including the HS, so they know we have him), and they're all at full capacity.

I just got off the phone with the friend who is keeping him now, and she says she really can't keep him another night because her cat is incredibly high-strung with him being there. Apparently he's also got some eye leakage (possibly upper respiratory or an eye infection), along with his nipples apparently looking irregular. Because we thought he was so young, and we didn't see much junk (I could, but I'm not a vet), that he was a he. Now I'm sitting here stressed out to all hell that he might be a she, and she might've had babies somewhere and rrhglkghs;lhgd.

Tomorrow we're going to take him to a local vet to see if they can scan him for a chip (doubt he has one, but) and see if they can check him out. But if no one comes forward tomorrow to help take him, we'll have to surrender him to the HS. I agree with you that if he gets some meds, food, and shelter, he would be VERY adoptable. My worry is that they kill him anyways.

Thanks to everyone for everything. I'm really hoping this all ends with a happy ending, for both the kitties (and my sanity :)).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:25:11 am by Nyktipolos »
On the Rivers

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 03:43:48 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;4173

Well... just damn.

I really hope it all works out well.  More scritches for Found Kitty, and hugs for you (unless you'd prefer scritches too:D?).

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 03:51:59 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;4184
Well... just damn.

I really hope it all works out well.  More scritches for Found Kitty, and hugs for you (unless you'd prefer scritches too:D?).

Sunflower

"Damn" is a very good adjective for the situation. :)

Thanks Sunflower. Me too. Like, a lot. I'm just hoping that I'm totally stressing myself out for nothing, and HS will take him without complaint, and he will be able to find a really nice forever home to live in. (If I wasn't living at home, I would've taken him and never given him up. Mwahaha.)

Hugs and scritches are welcome! :3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:52:27 am by Nyktipolos »
On the Rivers

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:18:35 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;4173
Unfortunately, the HS here seems a little less.. practical. (And part of this is bitterness, because I worked with a no-kill shelter in the city that has ... for lack of better words, bad blood between HS and them, and was thus introduced to a lot of stories involving putting down cats that didn't really need to) They has a policy of killing cats who are older than 10, plus if they deem they don't have enough room, or the cat is "hostile", they'll kill them as well. I'm just honestly worried that they won't want to spend the money and time on him. :/

The other unfortunate bit is that no other no-kill shelter in my city is accepting animals. We called every single one today to leave "found lost pet" info (including the HS, so they know we have him), and they're all at full capacity.

I just got off the phone with the friend who is keeping him now, and she says she really can't keep him another night because her cat is incredibly high-strung with him being there. Apparently he's also got some eye leakage (possibly upper respiratory or an eye infection), along with his nipples apparently looking irregular. Because we thought he was so young, and we didn't see much junk (I could, but I'm not a vet), that he was a he. Now I'm sitting here stressed out to all hell that he might be a she, and she might've had babies somewhere and rrhglkghs;lhgd.

Tomorrow we're going to take him to a local vet to see if they can scan him for a chip (doubt he has one, but) and see if they can check him out. But if no one comes forward tomorrow to help take him, we'll have to surrender him to the HS. I agree with you that if he gets some meds, food, and shelter, he would be VERY adoptable. My worry is that they kill him anyways.

Thanks to everyone for everything. I'm really hoping this all ends with a happy ending, for both the kitties (and my sanity :)).

Curse it being a 20 hr drive to get to Winnipeg from Detroit, due to the fricken lakes all around me, or I would so drive up there today to help you out.  Best of luck and candles burning for the little one and for you. *hugs and scritches all around*

JM
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

Tags: