Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: "The Way of the Flamekeeper" by David Kala Ka La  (Read 2495 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
"The Way of the Flamekeeper" by David Kala Ka La
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »
Hi, guys,

Maybe I'm being dense here, but I was in a used bookstore today and in the occult section I came across The Way of the Flamekeeper by David Kala Ka La:

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Flamekeeper-David-Kala-Ka/dp/0954445031

Apparently he's a British mystic, and the book was published in 2004. I didn't have an opportunity to read any of it. Any relation to your FlameKeeping?
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: "The Way of the Flamekeeper" by David Kala Ka La
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:49:26 pm »
Quote from: Altair;55597
Hi, guys,

Maybe I'm being dense here, but I was in a used bookstore today and in the occult section I came across The Way of the Flamekeeper by David Kala Ka La:

Apparently he's a British mystic, and the book was published in 2004. I didn't have an opportunity to read any of it. Any relation to your FlameKeeping?

I'm a bit sun sick and my eyes are a bit blurry at the moment, but I did find it on Google Books and there are quite a few sections (maybe the whole book or sections form each chapter) available for reading there to check it out.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:53:41 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;55619
I'm a bit sun sick and my eyes are a bit blurry at the moment, but I did find it on Google Books and there are quite a few sections (maybe the whole book or sections form each chapter) available for reading there to check it out.

Thanks for the link, Annie. (Do you mind me shortening it?)

From a quick perusal, I'd say this book has absolutely nothing to do with our FlameKeeping. (I am considering referring to our FK as Dual FlameKeeping, or somethin in that vein, so as not to have to explain it is not Brighidine quite so often.)
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »
Hi, guys,

Doesn't look like mine - among other things, in the blurb it speaks of becoming Immortal.  That .. doesn't even make sense.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:30:04 pm »
Quote from: Juni;55623

From a quick perusal, I'd say this book has absolutely nothing to do with our FlameKeeping. (I am considering referring to our FK as Dual FlameKeeping, or somethin in that vein, so as not to have to explain it is not Brighidine quite so often.)

I like the idea of Dual FlameKeeping.  since it is, y'know, the two Flames.

hmmmm.  *yoink!* :D:

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 09:26:04 pm »
Quote from: Juni;55623

Shorten away!

I've read a few pages now. Very one-life-only and a single creator. I am to destroy all  that doesn't allow me to express myself fully. I cannot disagree with the description of my soul as written there and I should not be concentrating on the undiscoverable.

The whole of it may be beautiful, though what I've read so far doesn't seem to mesh with FlameKeeping as I've read and contemplated it. What I've read of the piece is very prescriptive and makes one-truth kind of statements.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:12:50 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;55674
I've read a few pages now. Very one-life-only and a single creator. I am to destroy all  that doesn't allow me to express myself fully. I cannot disagree with the description of my soul as written there and I should not be concentrating on the undiscoverable.

The whole of it may be beautiful, though what I've read so far doesn't seem to mesh with FlameKeeping as I've read and contemplated it. What I've read of the piece is very prescriptive and makes one-truth kind of statements.

I smell newage.  Rhymes with (and smells not unlike) sewage.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 02:07:07 pm »

Thanks, all. I figured it was different, and so it is.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: