Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Advice on how to say a Big thank you to my patrons and those who have helped me.  (Read 4694 times)

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
So... for many years my husband and I have rented and we have wished to own our own home. We had been very hard up financially, could only afford to rent a very small and unsuitable housing commission house and had less than desirable neighbours. Let's just say things have been hard. We wanted to own our own home, to provide stability for our young children, 2 of whom have autism, to have a place for our own.

This year a house went on the market at a very cheap price, that was within our budget and not something that would be available again in the foreseeable future. The house was for sale through a Government funded program to help low income earners to buy a property. There are not many of these houses available and not many would ever be suitable for our family. The way I saw it, this was going to be our only chance for a long time.

So, I discussed this at length with my patrons and asked for their help. I also performed what I personally consider for me, a big ritual, asking for help to purchase this house, how it is perfect for us, why it is so important to us etc. etc. I asked everyone who I had ever had help or advise from and the angels and patrons whom I work with regularly and my deceased relatives and ancestors. I was open and honest about my needs and feelings.

I was granted the home loan and the application to purchase the house was successful. I knew in my heart it would be, but it was a long and drawn out process, there were a few problems along the way, but they were all sorted out. I know how hard 'they' worked to get my family this house. I know what a big deal it is. I have never asked for anything like this before and it was a big ask.

So, my point is. I have been given a Huge gift. And, it is Very important to me to say thank you in the right way. Yes, I have said thank you many times, but I want to do something special. This deserves something special. I am planning on a big ritual when we move into the house to say thank you. I'm just not sure about how to go about it and what things I can be doing to say thank you.

I do not follow a specific path as such. I believe in a God and Goddess, separate from others and also the existence of many other Gods and Goddesses. I also believe in an all encompassing universal "one" or "Almighty" (but I don't mean God and I don't really understand it, just that it is there).  My main patrons are Artemis, Dionysus and Aurora. I have also been touched and helped by many others, not just Greek. I also have regular contact with many Angels and Nature spirits have been known to show up too. I do not choose who I work with, they have always chosen to come to me. So my thanks is very important in that they have gone out of their way to be a part of my life. And. I have asked them for something huge and they have granted me my wish.

What I am asking advise about is how do I say thank you for such a huge involvement in my life from everyone. I would like to hear your experiences. How do you say thank you for Big things you have been granted? What offerings, rituals etc do you use? What ways other than a ritual do you say thank you? Are there specific ways of thanking that might be expected or preferred? I am open to anything, any suggestions and would love to hear from others' experiences. UPG is important.

Sorry for the huge post, I have a habit of over explaining. I am looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my ramblings.

Blessings,
Arcadia.
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Arcadia;3488
So... for many years my husband and I have rented and we have wished to own our own home.

Congratulations on your new home! My husband and I are anxiously awaiting the time when we can buy a house of our own too, so I can understand how much it means to you.

How about giving a piece of the property to your Gods? Maybe dedicating a small room as a temple, or creating a devotional garden would be appropriate? Depending on how much land you have to work with, you could plant a tree, or build a some kind of monument in appreciation.

Wood Rose

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Catherine;3639
creating a devotional garden would be appropriate? Depending on how much land you have to work with, you could plant a tree, or build a some kind of monument in appreciation.

THIS

Congratularions on getting a home!

Tay Redgrave

• Journeyman
  • Devil May Cry's a rockin'
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheistic Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
How about giving a piece of the property to your Gods? Maybe dedicating a small room as a temple, or creating a devotional garden would be appropriate? Depending on how much land you have to work with, you could plant a tree, or build a some kind of monument in appreciation.

I agree with this, too. It'd be perfect! And congratulations on the new home~

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
creating a devotional garden would be appropriate? Depending on how much land you have to work with, you could plant a tree, or build a some kind of monument in appreciation.

*beams* thanks.

This is just the kind of advice I wanted. What a wonderful idea. We do have a large backyard and there is ample space. I already have a pine I was planning on planting when I get there, which would be good for the land spirits. I love the idea of a monument especially, I'll have to start planning ( ;
[/FONT]

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Arcadia;3712
*beams* thanks.

You're welcome, glad I could help!

The best part is, you really can do whatever you want because it's your property! No one to come along and undo your hard work, no one needs to give you permission, you have the freedom to be creative.

Have fun!:)

Mata

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Arcadia;3488

*snip*

Blessings,
Arcadia.

Congratulations! That is awesome for you and your family :)

You mentioned you followed Artemis, Dionysos and Aurora?

I'd suggest plant a grape vine or two for Dionysos if you can. You could always get super fancy and build an arbor of some kind for him?

For Artemis you could work on attracting wildlife, like having some bird feeders and houses etc.

As for Aurora... Hmm, perhaps a Roman styled sundial?

I'm just throwing ideas out here heh heh.
" For this feeling of wonder shows that you are a philosopher, since wonder is the only beginning of philosophy..." - Socrates to Theaetetus.
Find me on Goodreads here

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Catherine;3943
You're welcome, glad I could help!

The best part is, you really can do whatever you want because it's your property! No one to come along and undo your hard work, no one needs to give you permission, you have the freedom to be creative.

Have fun!:)

This is exactly what makes me so happy about it. I could build a whole huge stone circle if I wanted hehe.
[/FONT]

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mata;4061
Congratulations! That is awesome for you and your family :)

You mentioned you followed Artemis, Dionysos and Aurora?

I'd suggest plant a grape vine or two for Dionysos if you can. You could always get super fancy and build an arbor of some kind for him?

For Artemis you could work on attracting wildlife, like having some bird feeders and houses etc.

As for Aurora... Hmm, perhaps a Roman styled sundial?

I'm just throwing ideas out here heh heh.

These are great ideas too. Grapevines, how perfect ( : and attracting birds into the garden is something I love to do. I can plant natives as well as have bird feeders etc. The best part about these ideas is that they are a living memorial of sorts.

I'm still not sure about Aurora, I might just ask her if there's anything she might like.

Thank you
[/FONT]

Tags: