Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What's around your neck?  (Read 42433 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: What's around your neck?
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2016, 09:23:05 am »
Quote from: _Willow_;198252
sorry i didnt quote sorry if i broke any rules

Well, you did, but you did it in one of the places where it doesn't matter as much, and caught it yourself right away. Are you using Tapatalk, by any chance? (If so, the trick is to hold your finger down on the message you're replying to until the quote function pops up.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Typhonian

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2016, 01:25:52 am »
Quote from: PlaceboArtist;53277
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but this was the best fit.

Many people wear a necklace or other piece of jewellery as a symbol of their faith/beliefs. If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

I wear a labrys, which is a double bladed axe. It is used as a symbol of Paganism in Greece, as well as by heavy metal fans (so really it's a lot like a pentacle in Britain/America). Upright (blades towards the top) it was used as a symbol of order by the Romans, and my labrys is the other way up, symbolising my connection with Chaos Magick. Its shape vaguely reminds me of a cross, so it's a tiny nod to my Christian origins. It is also similar to a Thor's Hammer, which is a connection I like as well. Lastly, it's a symbol of my sexuality.

Over to you!

I have an image of my Patron, Set on a necklace. It's in his Sha form and it's quite stylized. I also have one of Anubis, where he looks like the lid to a Pharaoh's coffin.
Religious blog: Typhonian.
[/U]

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2016, 04:06:01 pm »
If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

I'm currently switching between a bird skull pendant (metal) and a standard pentacle pendant :D:
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Oskar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: he, him, his
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2016, 06:33:51 am »
If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

I wear a pewter Brigit's Knot. Although I am still honoring many Deities forming part of The Sacred Three in general she is central to a lot of my prayers and I also feel a connection to her as my home is my place of stability and protection.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:14 pm »
Quote from: Oskar;199215
I wear a pewter Brigit's Knot. Although I am still honoring many Deities forming part of The Sacred Three in general she is central to a lot of my prayers and I also feel a connection to her as my home is my place of stability and protection.

I have a few.

Most of the time i wear my amethyst though.
Though under my shirt so i do not get awkward questions. ;)

Alexeigynaix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »
Many people wear a necklace or other piece of jewellery as a symbol of their faith/beliefs. If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

The pendant I almost always wear is a little silver Athenian-style owl, with an Alpha, a Theta, and an Epsilon on the back. Athena is the one who first called me, you see.

dionysos

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2016, 03:17:54 pm »

I wear a labrys, which is a double bladed axe. It is used as a symbol of Paganism in Greece, as well as by heavy metal fans (so really it's a lot like a pentacle in Britain/America). Upright (blades towards the top) it was used as a symbol of order by the Romans, and my labrys is the other way up, symbolising my connection with Chaos Magick. Its shape vaguely reminds me of a cross, so it's a tiny nod to my Christian origins. It is also similar to a Thor's Hammer, which is a connection I like as well. Lastly, it's a symbol of my sexuality.

Over to you!

I've been searching for a long time for a symbol to wear but have never found anything out there. I've always found Thor's Hammer but be a really cool symbol and I want something like that for my faith (Neo-Bakkhe). I think a Thyrsos would be perfect but like I said, I can't find anything suitable out there which means I will probably have to design my own but then to get it made will be quite expensive I would think?

Walhaz

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2016, 02:28:24 pm »

I usually wear One of Three Symbols. My most commonly worn piece of jewelry is a Caduceus, symbolizing my special relationship with Hermes. Second is Thor's Hammer, as a general Heathen symbol. And thirdly is the Valknut, which I wear due to my patronage from and devotion to Odin.

FurvaWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »

Over to you!

I wear a two inch steel Oath Ring braided at the top with handmade knotting in leather strapping. I made it myself! As a druid, this is a pretty old tradition to wear an oath ring.

Helix109

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Vetus Religio
« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2017, 07:59:22 pm »

Over to you!

I was once told to not come back to a corner store for wearing an inverted pentagram. For me it represents Mother Terra. On a bus out to Calgary to visit my aunt and uncle I got the same treatment which was awkward and annoying. I don't wear it anymore in public because I began to suspect there was some sort of racism involved in wearing it. People will lie through their teeth over an inverted pentagram, especially if your white.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:05:34 pm by Helix109 »

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2017, 02:16:42 am »

Over to you!

I wear a carnelian mjolnir sometimes.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2017, 08:06:54 am »
Quote from: Obsidia;201060

I wear what ever I feel is right for me on the day mainly crystals in the form of something such as a tree of life or a tear drop.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2017, 09:24:52 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;202644
I wear what ever I feel is right for me on the day mainly crystals in the form of something such as a tree of life or a tear drop.

I sometimes wear a cross still; I got it during a really special time in my religious life and it's still precious to me.

I'm looking for a triskele though, as that much better fits my current path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
Over to you!

I wear a gold-colored necklace decorated with some sort of sparkly things that from top-to-bottom contains: an ankh, a lily, and an eye of wadjet. I dedicated it to Osiris and Heru-wer and I try to wear it every day, though I take it off when I do things for Manannan.

Something

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2017, 08:26:24 am »
Quote from: Obsidia;201060

Steel mjolnir wrapped in leather, and a willow spike in a silver chain devoted with runes and paintings to someone else,

Tags: