collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: What's around your neck?  (Read 42568 times)

Aethiriel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: What's around your neck?
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2017, 04:03:35 pm »
Quote from: PlaceboArtist;53277
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but this was the best fit.

Many people wear a necklace or other piece of jewellery as a symbol of their faith/beliefs. If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

Over to you!

Haha oh my, where to start? Well...while I have SEVERAL special charms, amulets, talismans, pendants that are often interchanged depending on the day, event, mood, ritual etc...at the MOMENT I am only wearing my Melusine amulet which I charged with her Dragon Power for protection and some other specific purposes. It is a little silver charm of a two-finned, winged mermaid, representing the legendary water fairy Melusine. Mermaids are a very important part of my magical and spiritual practice and I work with a trio of mermaid goddesses - Atargatis (Syrian, the first known mermaid), Melusine, and Liban, the famous mermaid of Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland, who was related to the Tuatha De Danaan.
Water knows...flow and grow with me at my blog The Oracle of Water

NightSpook

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2017, 12:54:10 am »

Over to you!

I don't normally wear a necklace (always wear my pentacle silver ring) but if I do I wear this on a cotton cord.

Shadowstar

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2017, 01:28:53 am »

Many people wear a necklace or other piece of jewellery as a symbol of their faith/beliefs. If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

Over to you!

I wear a Triple Goddess (three stages of the moon with moonstone) necklace and a silver Pentagram ring.  To me, they represent my commitment to my beliefs and my craft.  I occasionally wear a cross to symbolize my Christian beliefs as well.
What is the "Riddle of Steel?"

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

I sometimes wear a Star of David as a pendant--this is the most recent one.

I have also lately started wearing rings every day as a symbol of my devotion to a Mystery goddess related to Ariadne--this steel ring with a Greek key design, and, more recently, this more complex one.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

vassal

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2017, 09:02:47 pm »
Quote from: Eastling;205426
I sometimes wear a Star of David as a pendant--this is the most recent one.

I have also lately started wearing rings every day as a symbol of my devotion to a Mystery goddess related to Ariadne--this steel ring with a Greek key design, and, more recently, this more complex one.

I always wear a set of crystals. The one around my neck is black kyanite in copper. It's almost all I need but I've been fond of reinforcing my energies by also placing in my pockets a silver & lapis lazuli charm & when I really need help I have a stainless steel & silver prayer bead/necklace (and I move the kyanite to the left side of the body as this creates a beautiful filter against negativity.) Lately I've left that one for my altar & Goddess since I sometimes feel dull after wearing it. The other stone I always carry with me is my charoite sphere. I call it my wish-fulfilling gem lol.

Otter

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »

Over to you!

I wear a silver pendant of the Goddess Gaia.

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2017, 10:12:14 am »
Quote from: Otter;205942
I wear a silver pendant of the Goddess Gaia.

Today yellow/ivory pearls w/ iridescent seedbeads diy necklace made it some years ago.:)

muis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2017, 02:58:17 am »

I wear a labrys, which is a double bladed axe. It is used as a symbol of Paganism in Greece, as well as by heavy metal fans (so really it's a lot like a pentacle in Britain/America). Upright (blades towards the top) it was used as a symbol of order by the Romans, and my labrys is the other way up, symbolising my connection with Chaos Magick. Its shape vaguely reminds me of a cross, so it's a tiny nod to my Christian origins. It is also similar to a Thor's Hammer, which is a connection I like as well. Lastly, it's a symbol of my sexuality.

Over to you!

I wear mostly what fits my identity, a symbol I feel connected with.
When I was info Celtic stuff I had a lot of Celtic pendants. Since few years I wear a little  Phaistos disc. I love it because I like languages. It fits who I am, juist like the Celtic stuff a few years ago.

Hrútsvinr

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Torch and Hailstone
  • Religion: Norse/Slavic Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2017, 02:23:08 am »

These days I wear a small iron Thor's hammer, which is obviously for my Heathenry, and the iron makes me feel protected from bad vibes.

I also have a blown glass pendant that looks like space for Heimdall, and I'm getting an enamel pin of a bear for Veles. I feel weird mixing pantheons, and all my Heathen stuff is jewelry, so I thought a pin would be appropriate.

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2017, 08:12:23 am »

I wear a labrys, which is a double bladed axe. It is used as a symbol of Paganism in Greece, as well as by heavy metal fans (so really it's a lot like a pentacle in Britain/America). Upright (blades towards the top) it was used as a symbol of order by the Romans, and my labrys is the other way up, symbolising my connection with Chaos Magick. Its shape vaguely reminds me of a cross, so it's a tiny nod to my Christian origins. It is also similar to a Thor's Hammer, which is a connection I like as well. Lastly, it's a symbol of my sexuality.

Over to you!

I usually have my silver ring on the right hand.  It's pretty simple, just been blessed to ward off unwanted spirits.  If I'm working, silver cuff links that have a simple feather on them - to represent both Ma'at and Anubis.  Lastly my pocket watch which has a simple pentagram on the back.
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2017, 09:20:42 am »

It isn't quite the same kind of thing that others have mentioned in the thread, but I have a pendant which features an imitation of a kind of petroglyph found in certain places in the coast of Galicia, which resembles a labyrinth. The original petroglyps are from the Bronze Age, probably pre-Celtic, and I think we have no idea what they mean. But prehistoric art is fascinating to me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:23:57 am by Naunau »

Krow

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2017, 06:55:24 pm »

I wear a pewter raven skull in honor of The Morrigan. For the most part, I do wear it every day, but the fabric cord it is on is just tied to make a slip knot choker and it's starting to break. Time for a new cord. I also have a genuine Norwegian 10 ore from 1954 that has past life meaning to me. I wanted an H7 coin to wear every day and I am very excited to have it. Not so much religion based, but still very important to me.
"If I sow a wind now, I will reap a storm."
C | A | S | P | J

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2017, 05:54:57 am »
It isn't quite the same kind of thing that others have mentioned in the thread, but I have a pendant which features an imitation of a kind of petroglyph found in certain places in the coast of Galicia, which resembles a labyrinth. The original petroglyps are from the Bronze Age, probably pre-Celtic, and I think we have no idea what they mean. But prehistoric art is fascinating to me.
I have been thinking about getting something related to Sumerian tradition out of personal interest, but I don't know what or how.

I've also thought the same about Finnish/Sami/Uralic stuff, but I'm none of those things and I feel weird about it.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: N/A
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2017, 11:56:49 am »

Over to you!

I wear a hemitate crystal necklace. I love it and it symbolizes my Goddess and healing.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2017, 08:12:04 pm »
I usually have my silver ring on the right hand.  It's pretty simple, just been blessed to ward off unwanted spirits.  If I'm working, silver cuff links that have a simple feather on them - to represent both Ma'at and Anubis.  Lastly my pocket watch which has a simple pentagram on the back.

If we are talking about rings, I have a silver ring with the Inca cosmological animals engraved upon it; the Condor, the Jaguar, and the Serpent. I don't mix Inca beliefs into my path, I have studied them, and spent time living in Peru, and I am pantheistic, so I view them as being legitimate, empowered, holy symbols. In face, I view the crucifix and Star of David the same way.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: