Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: It's my shift and I'm  (Read 44036 times)

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
It's my shift and I'm
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »
(Based on the It is and I am thread! But for cill shifts. :D (Also, feel free to comment in here when it's not your shift! You never know what sort of lightbulb you might be lobbing. :)))

It's my shift and I'm debating which book I want to dive into tonight for my path-reading. Nykti helped me in chat decide on reading tonight and writing tomorrow, but while my writing subject is well defined (my Camp NaNo novel) I'm not sure what I want to read. And I have a ton of options to choose from. As I'm planning to do some note-taking and blogging on the book in question, I won't be reading much tonight, but anything is a start.

I'm also thanking Brighid for keeping my stepfather under her brat on his way home today- the downpour overflowed a stream downtown, which took down some trees, which took down some power lines, which started a massive fire, which closed down a major road. Add in more congestion thanks to a rockslide on a major highway within town limits, and a bunch of flooded streets downtown having to be closed...getting home was tricky!

I was hoping this bit of rambling would turn out to be all introspective and insightful, but tonight is looking to be more a "double check your spoons and go to bed early" sort of evening! I guess I'll leave the poetry for someone a little more creative.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: It's my shift and I'm....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »
Quote from: Juni;3108
(Based on the It is and I am thread! But for cill shifts. :D (Also, feel free to comment in here when it's not your shift! You never know what sort of lightbulb you might be lobbing. :)))

What a super idea!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;3141
What a super idea!

:o

Well, my shift did not go at all as planned- big surprise! :D I crawled into bed fairly early last night and slept fairly peacefully, which has not been the case the past week. I was going to sit down and write in the morning, but wanted to get my homework out of the way first, and ended up doing 20 pages! (Which, compared to my usual 5ish, is a good thing.) I posted yesterday in my DivEx thread that I've been going on faith that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I think today she was reassuring me that it wasn't an incoming train. I will not get flattened by this coursework, by the job. I will get through and I will get a proper job with a proper income and start passing for a Real Adult (TM).

Fire dark but never gone,
The song within my soul sings on.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://alisonleighlilly.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:02:31 pm »

Er... what's the "It is and I am" thread? I think I can piece together how this works based on your example, Juni, but just to be safe, could you explain it a bit for those of us slow on the uptake? ;)

--Ali

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »
Quote from: Juni;3424

Lovely! Did you write that, or is that a common prayer? It's beautiful and beautifully appropriate, and I might have to steal it for my own ritual/prayer work. :)

--Ali

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:04:51 pm »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;3742
Er... what's the "It is and I am" thread? I think I can piece together how this works based on your example, Juni, but just to be safe, could you explain it a bit for those of us slow on the uptake? ;)

--Ali

The It is and I am thread is in Humor, I think; people post things like "It is 9:03pm and I am reading Pyramids by Terry Pratchett." It's kind of a Facebook status, only without Facebook. :) At any rate, I thought a thread where we can post during our shifts about things we're doing or thinking about might be interesting.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;3744
Lovely! Did you write that, or is that a common prayer? It's beautiful and beautifully appropriate, and I might have to steal it for my own ritual/prayer work. :)

--Ali

It just sort of rambled out of me as I finished writing the post. :)

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:06:29 pm »
Quote from: Juni;3746
The It is and I am thread is in Humor, I think; people post things like "It is 9:03pm and I am reading Pyramids by Terry Pratchett." It's kind of a Facebook status, only without Facebook. :) At any rate, I thought a thread where we can post during our shifts about things we're doing or thinking about might be interesting.

Awesome!

Quote from: Juni;3747
It just sort of rambled out of me as I finished writing the post. :)

Double awesome! :)

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:31 am »
Quote from: Juni;3424

I'll hang this here.

My shift started several hours ago while I was watching Game of Thrones. Today was something of a relief: I found an apartment to rent for six months, beginning August. I just need to sign the lease, and put down a deposit.

I've been wanting my own place for a long time. I've moved around a lot in my life, and have never really put roots down into the land I lived in. I've rarely felt at home anywhere since I left home for college. So a part of my conscious work for Brighid includes cultivating and growing roots: growing, essentially, a home and hearth for Her, who was so important as the central fire for her people.

Anyway, last year when I first moved up to Seattle, I began to let the land coax those roots out of me. Now I'm at the point where, even jobless, I know that I have to stay here. And so now I can continue to tend my roots in my own place, and reach out for a new job.

So, now I'm listening to my Brighid playlist and getting ready for bed. The work goes on! :)
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
Quote from: Finn;3821

So, now I'm listening to my Brighid playlist and getting ready for bed. The work goes on! :)

Oooh, what's on that playlist? *peers*
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 12:36:33 pm »

It's my shift, and I'm wasting time on the internet, which is pretty typical for a Sunday morning these days (Jeff and the kids are deeply immersed in some tediously long board game about conquering natives or something, and it is both too hot and too potentially thunderstorm-y to be outside in the woods at the moment).

Last night I did some hillwalking/movement-meditation work in the woods during twilight just before sunset, seeking an appropriate stone for an altar object I'm creating. I washed, cleansed and smudged the stone during my opening shift ritual and asked Brighid's help in completing the project (which I'll try to do today after the kids leave but before my shift is over).

I also find myself worrying a lot about Norway and the tragic bombing and shooting that occurred there recently. Another social justice issue that might end up being overshadowed by the death of a pop star...? :-/

On the other hand, this morning just after breakfast, I did some nifty stuff with my new Google+ profile using a collage of photographs, inspired by this article. So that was some unexpected creative work for the day.

If anyone's interested, hopefully I can take some before-, during- and after-photographs of the altar stone project to share. :)

--Ali

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 01:02:54 pm »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;7722

If anyone's interested, hopefully I can take some before-, during- and after-photographs of the altar stone project to share. :)

I am!
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:44 pm »
I also find myself worrying a lot about Norway and the tragic bombing and shooting that occurred there recently. Another social justice issue that might end up being overshadowed by the death of a pop star...? :-/

I was at a family party last night, and we kept cycling between news channels looking for real news- everything was just "Breaking News! Amy Winehouse dead at 27!" It was very frustrating.

On the other hand, this morning just after breakfast, I did some nifty stuff with my new Google+ profile using a collage of photographs, inspired by this article. So that was some unexpected creative work for the day.

I love the collage! I think I'm going to attempt one of my own. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:07:02 pm by Juni »

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 02:59:23 pm »
It's my shift and I'm....

Mine started last night, which was a relaxing wind down from a week off of work, with a little bit of doom&gloom Monday anticipation. I've really just been focusing on a lot of healing energy, and spreading it around where it needs to be. The anticipation of Lughnasadh seems to be working in its favour as well.

Lighting the flame again after the end of my first day back, and enjoying yet another lovely evening sun, makes me think of how productive I can still be with house hold chores, projects, and looking after some of the people around me, despite being busy with work and other side projects. The waning summer is still possesses plenty of light, and there's a lot of light and healing to go around.

I contemplated a lot of this last week when I was trying to enjoy my short summer break when I went to the beach, and just happened to sit down next plenty of rushes. With every one I visualised and dwelled on the calm, healing, and grounding energy around me.
Semper Fidelis

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:01 pm »
Quote from: Micheál;8046

That Brigid's Cross is beautiful! And inspiring. :) I was trying to think of what symbol to have on the altar during my beach wedding ceremony this fall... and I think you've just inspired me to weave a Brigid's Cross out of some beach grass. :) (Can't believe I never thought of that before!)

--Ali

Tags: