Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

[Today at 06:45:55 pm]

Author Topic: It's my shift and I'm  (Read 44042 times)

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
It's my shift and I'm
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »
Quote from: Juni;3108

It's my shift (well, group keeping) and I lit my candles about half an hour ago and felt a huge surge of emotion. This is my first shift since Rowan was born and I'm feeling very connected to our Lady.

At the moment I'm watching Hocus Pocus with my older daughter, Charis, and knitting a blanket for Rowan. I'm hoping that later tonight, when the kids are settled, I'll be able to spend some time in quiet meditation and ideally get some ideas for how I can thank Brighid for Her care around Rowan's birth. I'm feeling an urge to dedicate myself to Her but need to give this some more thought before committing to anything.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:20:44 am by SunflowerP »

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's my shift and I'm....
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2013, 03:29:20 pm »
Quote from: rocquelaire;127746
It's my shift (well, group keeping) and I lit my candles about half an hour ago and felt a huge surge of emotion. This is my first shift since Rowan was born and I'm feeling very connected to our Lady.

Its my shift and I'm writing poetry while waiting for my spinach and courgette soup to cook. I made bread, said a few prayers, tidied the kitchen. Tonight I will go to bed early with a poetry book and a mug of ovaltine. Tomorrow I will do some creative professional work and do more house tidying and maybe sort out the garden.

All is good in my world
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2013, 01:33:10 pm »
Quote from: Juni;3108
(Based on the It is and I am thread! But for cill shifts. :D (Also, feel free to comment in here when it's not your shift! You never know what sort of lightbulb you might be lobbing. :)))

It's nearing the end of my (first) shift and I'm still working everything out.  I wasn't completely sure what exactly to do.  Last night, I lit my candle, acknowledging accepting the flame from the previous Cill mate and recited some Brighid related poetry.  I made a Brighid playlist and listened to that and decided to make a little necklace, charm-thingie (I'm including a pic but for the love of all that is holy, don't judge me - I have the artistic talents of a washed up catfish on a summer day lol).  I decided it'd be cool to try to focus on at least three Brighid-related tasks so I made my charm, wrote some poetry (not including that, it's worse than the necklace lol), and did some self-healing work.  I've also done some household chores in a mindful space and worked on homework.  I did sleep awesome last night which hasn't happened in a long time.  All in all I feel like my first shift went well and I've already got some ideas brewing for my next shift.

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:04 pm »
Quote from: Breeze;130630
It's nearing the end of my (first) shift and I'm still working everything out.

It's my shift and I'm performing necromancy on this thread. :)

I'm always surprised by how much Brighid Stuff goes on in my life around my shifts, even when I don't plan it or completely forget my shift. Oftentimes I'll look back on the day my shift was and see that even if I forgot, Brighid certainly hadn't.

School is about to start up again, both for myself and my job; I work at an academic library at a military college and our new cadets have just shown up. I'm helping plan services for the local UU fellowship. I'm the event coordinator of the local LGBTQA Alliance. I've suddenly got a million things on my plate but I feel full of direction and energy for the first time in forever, so that's pretty cool.

For Brighid, I bought a beautiful scarf while in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. It's dark blue with silver stripes that sparkle. This is my new altar cloth for Her, and I spruced things up last night before starting my shift. I've also added gifts from my new romantic partner, who does origami. Brighid's altar now has a family of foxes (which I associate very strongly with Brighid) as well as a blue butterfly.

I also find it interesting to look at where my life has been the past twenty days. 20 days ago I was in Philadelphia and wearing my Brighid jewelry as a way to mark my shift. (The necklace broke, but my bracelet is currently on my wrist as I type.) I spent a week chasing after children at nature camp. I'm getting ready for the start of a new school year.

I've also been feeling... different. I'm not really sure how to parse it. But it feels like parts of me are more open and there's also more space in my head and heart. So this shift I'm grateful for whatever transformation is going on right now.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »
Quote from: Sage;157402
It's my shift and I'm performing necromancy on this thread. :)

It's my shift again and I'm performing further necromancy for fun and profit.

I've been feeling distant from Brighid for awhile; not anything serious, just a natural ebb and flow as other things came into my life and I devoted my spiritual energies elsewhere. Tonight when I lit my candle and sang my Cill shift song, I definitely felt that She's still around. Something something cloak of darkness spark of light. A reminder that seeds might need a long period of gestation before they're ready to sprout.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2015, 11:26:31 am »
Quote from: Sage;169347

I've been feeling distant from Brighid for awhile; not anything serious, just a natural ebb and flow as other things came into my life and I devoted my spiritual energies elsewhere. Tonight when I lit my candle and sang my Cill shift song, I definitely felt that She's still around. Something something cloak of darkness spark of light. A reminder that seeds might need a long period of gestation before they're ready to sprout.

It's my shift and I just lit my Brighid candle, thinking about my Cill mates who may also be keeping at various times throughout my shift for group keeping. I had the image of tiny flames lighting up the darkness all over the world. It was very moving.

I think that tonight I will be writing and possibly starting to crochet my brat for the exchange.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2015, 08:08:14 pm »
Quote from: Sage;169347

It's my shift, and I'm finally about to go to bed, having run much later wrapping presents than I expected to be. I went to vigil at church at nightfall; there's a severe weather warning in the area and, if tomorrow morning is like today was, I wouldn't want to step out of the house. I love evening services in winter, when it's dark outside - it's very hard to get into the end-of-day mood when you know the sun will be up for another 5 hours. I'm looking forward to breaking the long fast tomorrow. Hopefully, being on duty will help me avoid overindulging.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Merin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:41 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;184006
It's my shift, and I'm finally about to go to bed, having run much later wrapping presents than I expected to be. I went to vigil at church at nightfall; there's a severe weather warning in the area and, if tomorrow morning is like today was, I wouldn't want to step out of the house. I love evening services in winter, when it's dark outside - it's very hard to get into the end-of-day mood when you know the sun will be up for another 5 hours. I'm looking forward to breaking the long fast tomorrow. Hopefully, being on duty will help me avoid overindulging.

Im not a part of this Cill or any Cill - but I have tended before.  Tonight felt like a night that should be devoted to Her and I decided to go with it.  Currently, I am writing a ritual for Her to be used in future keepings or for other folks to use.  I am journaling and I have plans to knit, then light some incense and sing the night away.  It is an honor to honor Her and all of the things She is associated with.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »
Quote from: Merin;186391
Im not a part of this Cill or any Cill - but I have tended before.  Tonight felt like a night that should be devoted to Her and I decided to go with it.  Currently, I am writing a ritual for Her to be used in future keepings or for other folks to use.  I am journaling and I have plans to knit, then light some incense and sing the night away.  It is an honor to honor Her and all of the things She is associated with.

Reviving the thread...

It's my (first!) shift and I'm knitting a shawl with lovely green wool and watching a BBC history doc. I baked yeast rolls earlier and when what I'm watching is over I'm going to do some reading. I started my shift by reading a prayer to Brighid and lighting a brand new beeswax candle I plan to save specifically for my shifts. I have a bunch of candles going, and it's rather quiet and pleasant. The cats are sleeping.

Tomorrow I don't have any real plans except for spending some time in meditation and contemplation and possibly doing some writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's my shift and I'm
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:53 pm »

Reviving the thread...

It's my (first!) shift and I'm knitting a shawl with lovely green wool and watching a BBC history doc. I baked yeast rolls earlier and when what I'm watching is over I'm going to do some reading. I started my shift by reading a prayer to Brighid and lighting a brand new beeswax candle I plan to save specifically for my shifts. I have a bunch of candles going, and it's rather quiet and pleasant. The cats are sleeping.

Tomorrow I don't have any real plans except for spending some time in meditation and contemplation and possibly doing some writing.

Bumping this thread again because I like it, darn it.

Rushed home after a meeting and managed to light candles just about at sunset on the dot. In a moment I'm going to put on a witchy podcast and start melting down candle wax for new candles. I save all my candle wax and reuse it for tapers, pillars, and some jar candles as well; I burn candles for various purposes every day so it saves a lot of money and I find it relaxing and also a nice way to spend some time honoring Brigid.

Tomorrow I have some unexpected free time, so I'm going to clean and later probably go hiking with a friend. I don't often have the day of my shift almost completely free, and it feels very luxuriant. :)

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2017, 02:53:29 pm »
Bumping this thread again because I like it, darn it.

I really like the idea of it, but I'm really bad at remembering to post to the thread. So I'm glad you revived it, and doubly so because your timing in doing so helped me to remember.

It's my shift, and I'm posting the next roster as usual, and being pleased that my shift falls on the day my country celebrates its sovereignty (and that at sunset I'll be passing the flame to another Canadian, Morag). Seems very appropriate.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:53 am »
It's my shift, and I'm posting the next roster as usual, and being pleased that my shift falls on the day my country celebrates its sovereignty (and that at sunset I'll be passing the flame to another Canadian, Morag). Seems very appropriate.

It's still my shift, and I'm finally taking a break to process all the ways in which I've been pushed, shoved, biffed and shunted towards adulting over the last cycle or so. Much grown up. So responsibubble. Wow. :o
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2017, 10:38:57 am »
It's still my shift, and I'm finally taking a break to process all the ways in which I've been pushed, shoved, biffed and shunted towards adulting over the last cycle or so. Much grown up. So responsibubble. Wow. :o

It's my shift and I'm planning to go out later to commence the acquisition of a new high-quality futon mattress, since 'moving to a new place' (which I will shortly be doing) is a good time for replacing things like that.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2017, 11:34:14 pm »
It's my shift and I'm planning to go out later to commence the acquisition of a new high-quality futon mattress, since 'moving to a new place' (which I will shortly be doing) is a good time for replacing things like that.

Sunflower

My shift is winding down now. I spent most of it sleeping, but also went and rescued a friend from shitty home life for a few hours last night so she could get some food without being yelled at by her parents.

Not the first time it's been my shift and I've been unexpectedly called to help friends in need. Usually I'm a self-directed worker but sometimes the Boss drops a project in front of me and is like "Do this. Now." XD
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2018, 10:30:09 am »

It's my shift and I'm trying to figure out why the flame on Brighid's candle is so small. I don't know if She doesn't like the candle or it's just not a good quality candle. Just in case, I have the artificial candle lit up, so if the flame goes out, there's another flame burning for the Lady.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Tags: