Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: The FlameKeeping SIG Wordpress page  (Read 4367 times)

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
The FlameKeeping SIG Wordpress page
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »
We have our own Wordpress page, which I have been greatly slacking at setting up. I have asked Randall to add Veggie and Shad as admins also, so that they can post things to it.

What I want to know from you, what do you think we should have on it? Right now I have a page for the (unfinished) work structure and a page for the (unfinished) FAQ. What other pages do we need? What kind of things should we post?

All ideas welcome.

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Re: The FlameKeeping SIG Wordpress page
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;46447
We have our own Wordpress page, which I have been greatly slacking at setting up. I have asked Randall to add Veggie and Shad as admins also, so that they can post things to it.

What I want to know from you, what do you think we should have on it? Right now I have a page for the (unfinished) work structure and a page for the (unfinished) FAQ. What other pages do we need? What kind of things should we post?

All ideas welcome.

I always like a "where do I start" page. Even now, I am not sure where to go, what to do. I feel like I'm not doing enough with my FK. So even if it's a bit redundant with the FAQ, I think that having a 'where to start' or 'what to do' guide is always useful. I like my stuff spelled out in crayon, I guess.

I know with my FK page that I have, I have links to the FK pendant page and links to the TC SIG. I also have a suggested reading list (which is currently very. very. short.).

Ummm... we could also link to the FK divination deck that we were making (which I have been horribly bad about getting around to doing. gah.).

I'll let you know if I think of anything else. And stuff. :\

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »
Quote from: Devo;46514
I always like a "where do I start" page. Even now, I am not sure where to go, what to do. I feel like I'm not doing enough with my FK. So even if it's a bit redundant with the FAQ, I think that having a 'where to start' or 'what to do' guide is always useful. I like my stuff spelled out in crayon, I guess.

I am exactly the same, Devo.

Maybe a spot for networking- links to FK blogs by members, instructions on how to get to the shoe in MUX?
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

earth_dragon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:34 am »
Quote from: FierFlye;46447

All ideas welcome.

Hi, I hope I'm allowed here. Honestly, I'm not quite sure because I'm still finding my way around the forums.

I've been a Wiccan (tho moving towards general Paganism) for many years, but after doing more research I've found that I've kind of been doing Flame Keeping without really even knowing what it was, or knowing it had a name. It's something I'm extremely interesting in and I would love to learn from those who have been at it, knowingly, for a while.

I hope it's alright if I join you on this forum. :)

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:57 am »
Quote from: earth_dragon;46534
Hi, I hope I'm allowed here. Honestly, I'm not quite sure because I'm still finding my way around the forums.

I've been a Wiccan (tho moving towards general Paganism) for many years, but after doing more research I've found that I've kind of been doing Flame Keeping without really even knowing what it was, or knowing it had a name. It's something I'm extremely interesting in and I would love to learn from those who have been at it, knowingly, for a while.

As far as I'm concerned it is. Anyone who wants to learn and is willing to learn is never unwelcome.
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 08:09:50 am »
Quote from: earth_dragon;46534

How do you think the rest of us got here? ;)  The more the merrier - and I'm thrilled my words work for you!

A more general response - a reading list of various fiction books etc. that I think really *capture* FK would probably be good.  Maybe with study prompts to point out the relevant bits.  (maybe not.  do your own work. *g*)

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:48:14 am »
Quote from: Devo;46514

Once we have the site up and running, I think it would be nice for anyone who's active in this SIG to be able to add to the site. That way members could upload their own essays, art, poetry, book review, ect. Whatever they think is helpful to others.

In order to be able to add content to the site, you have to be added by Randall as user. If you think you would like to ever add anything to the site, please PM me your email (that you use in conjunction with this site) by tomorrow evening. That way I can give a list to Randall and have him add everyone at once.

Devo, since you have expressed interest in doing art for the oracle cards, I think you'd made a good contributor. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;46552

Devo, since you have expressed interest in doing art for the oracle cards, I think you'd made a good contributor. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I should totally be like a teen and ignore you XD Just to be obstinate.

PM sent :)

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 12:38:29 pm »
In order to be able to add content to the site, you have to be added by Randall as user.

You should be able to add me yourself through the dashboard, since I'm already in the system for the H&O WP.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:36:00 pm »
Quote from: Juni;46561
You should be able to add me yourself through the dashboard, since I'm already in the system for the H&O WP.

I believe I will still need your email.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;46565
I believe I will still need your email.

You're right- sorry about that. PM on its way.

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:37 am »
That way I can give a list to Randall and have him add everyone at once.

List has been sent to Randall so you should be receiving an email about your log-in in the next few days.

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:50 am »
Quote from: FierFlye;46792
List has been sent to Randall so you should be receiving an email about your log-in in the next few days.

Looks like you have accounts now, yay!

So, a few notes on what we are going to do with the Wordpress page.
HeartShadow was concerned about having the FlameKeeping stuff spread around across too many places. It does make more sense to have everything in one place.

So, it is proposed that all finalized content will go on the FlameKeeping.org site. The SIG's Wordpress, otoh, will be a private place where we can all collaborate on projects and work them out before posting them to the public. That way people visiting the site won't be seeing half-finished content. We can also use it as a place for private discussion, if anyone feels the need.

How does that sound?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;47484

HeartShadow was concerned about having the FlameKeeping stuff spread around across too many places. It does make more sense to have everything in one place.

So, it is proposed that all finalized content will go on the FlameKeeping.org site. The SIG's Wordpress, otoh, will be a private place where we can all collaborate on projects and work them out before posting them to the public. That way people visiting the site won't be seeing half-finished content. We can also use it as a place for private discussion, if anyone feels the need.

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

earth_dragon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;47484

How does that sound?

Very cool!

Tags: