Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: I'm new :)  (Read 1147 times)

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'm new :)
« on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:15 pm »
Hi everyone! My name is Mandi, I'm 21 and I live in Australia. I have two beautiful children and I spend my time writing and listening to music, mostly.
I'm very new to all this (a bit over a week), and for the moment I'm on the path to being an Eclectic Wiccan.

I've known about Wicca for a very long time. For a while I thought it was all about witchcraft and I believed a lot of things about it that you generally hear from people uneducated on the matter.

I was very interested in things like Herbs and gemstones from a young age. I was raised Catholic, so I'm having the issue of trying to distance myself from the Christian's view of God, but having the Goddess to connect with is helping so so much. Also, my Grandmother, who raised me, has always been supportive of my beliefs, even though she's a devout Catholic. That seems to be rare, especially with people of the older community, and I'm very grateful for her.

I feel like this is what I've been all my life, already. I've crammed so much research into this short time that I feel like I've been learning a lot longer. I appreciate how far I have to go, and I can't wait to be comfortable with my practices and put into work the things I've been learning. I also can't wait to connect with other people on a similar path to mine :)

So that's all. I thought I'd try and convey what I'm about, so sorry for the long message. I look forward to making wonderful friends here! If there's anything that you feel I ought to know, please tell me :) <3
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:32:29 pm by Mandi »

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new :)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »
Quote from: Mandi;45984
Hi everyone! My name is Mandi, I'm 21 and I live in Australia. I have two beautiful children and I spend my time writing and listening to music, mostly.
I'm very new to all this (a bit over a week), and for the moment I'm on the path to being an Eclectic Wiccan.

I've known about Wicca for a very long time. For a while I thought it was all about witchcraft and I believed a lot of things about it that you generally hear from people uneducated on the matter.

I was very interested in things like Herbs and gemstones from a young age. I was raised Catholic, so I'm having the issue of trying to distance myself from the Christian's view of God, but having the Goddess to connect with is helping so so much. Also, my Grandmother, who raised me, has always been supportive of my beliefs, even though she's a devout Catholic. That seems to be rare, especially with people of the older community, and I'm very grateful for her.

I feel like this is what I've been all my life, already. I've crammed so much research into this short time that I feel like I've been learning a lot longer. I appreciate how far I have to go, and I can't wait to be comfortable with my practices and put into work the things I've been learning. I also can't wait to connect with other people on a similar path to mine :)

So that's all. I thought I'd try and convey what I'm about, so sorry for the long message. I look forward to making wonderful friends here! If there's anything that you feel I ought to know, please tell me :) <3
Welcome!
[Now using the Cryfder account]

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:52 am »

Welcome to TC!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:35:34 am »
Quote from: RandallS;46010
Welcome to TC!

Thank you both!

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 02:38:55 pm »

Welcome! That's great that your grandmother is so supportive :)

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »
Quote from: Carnelian;46195
Welcome! That's great that your grandmother is so supportive :)

Thank you!
I suppose I should ask opinions; is this a friendly forum? I'm in a fragile place in my life and the slightest bit of negativity hurts me a great deal. Would you say there's a danger of that here? I've had a concerning experience. Was I just unlucky?
I do hope I will find a home here
Xoxo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:01:52 pm by Mandi »

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
I'm new :)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:16 pm »
Quote from: Mandi;46211
Thank you!
I suppose I should ask opinions; is this a friendly forum? I'm in a fragile place in my life and the slightest bit of negativity hurts me a great deal. Would you say there's a danger of that here? I've had a concerning experience. Was I just unlucky?
I do hope I will find a home here
Xoxo

We can be blunt, on occasion, but I can't  think of an instance when I've experienced anyone being deliberately negative or mean. This is a debate and discussion forum, though, so don't expect people to agree with you just to spare your feelings.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;46212
We can be blunt, on occasion, but I can't  think of an instance when I've experienced anyone being deliberately negative or mean. This is a debate and discussion forum, though, so don't expect people to agree with you just to spare your feelings.

Ya, what Stephy says

While we may disagree on certain aspects, I at least try to keep it civil and respectful, so plunge on in and learn and teach - we can all learn from new points of view

And welcome to the den, can I offer you a glass of Penfolds Grange?

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »
Quote from: Rhyshadow;46214
Ya, what Stephy says

While we may disagree on certain aspects, I at least try to keep it civil and respectful, so plunge on in and learn and teach - we can all learn from new points of view

And welcome to the den, can I offer you a glass of Penfolds Grange?

Thanks both for your input! Of course, I don't expect people to agree with me just to spare my feelings. I'm never upset with someone expressing differing opinions. I love debate and intelligent discussion (you'd have to, coming from my family haha). I just meant blatant rudeness; it was regarding a rather rude private message I received, but I'll brush it off as a 'one off' and not let it bother me :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:44 am »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 06:20:54 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;46416
Welcome to the Cauldron!

Thank you! I already love it to bits here, I'm so glad :)

Tags: