Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: DivEx - Sage  (Read 3189 times)

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
DivEx - Sage
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:34:43 pm »
Hi, all.

I find myself at a crossroads. While I've settled on my core path - Neo-Druidry in some form - I feel like my attention has been pulled in a dozen some other directions as well. (This includes non-Wiccan witchcraft, very eclectic Neo-Wicca, Buddhism, Daoism, yoga, possibly FlameKeeping, and someone from some pantheon trying to get my attention.) My current religious inklings, though intellectually fascinating, haven't been drumming up the same emotional/spiritual response that I briefly got many months ago and that I feel like I'm constantly craving and searching for. I'm also spending my first summer away from home (with a few weekend visits), thinking about grad school, just injured myself, am grappling with depression and body image issues...

So, since I'm really bad at reading divination for myself, I'd like to ask for some help. :) General readings are fine, as are any method you personally are comfortable with. (I prefer Tarot and oracle cards myself, but I won't turn down any advice.) If you'd like to focus on some questions, here's what's rattling around in my head:

1) What's the best way to heal myself, physically, mentally, and emotionally?
2) What am I missing spiritually? Is there some block I'm not aware of?
3) What lesson do I need to take from all this?
4) Where do I go from here?
5) Am I even ON the right path?

Let me know if I can make this any clearer. I've never asked for a DivEx before, so this is exciting. :)

Thanks a bunch. One day when I figure out how to read properly, I'd love to return the favor.

Sage.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: DivEx - Sage
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »
Quote from: Sage;2651
Hi, all.

I'll see if I can get to it this weekend.
Might go for a chakra analysis, if you like - which basically would cover health issues, physical and otherwise, relationship to the folks around and the spiritual.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
Quote from: Tana;2659
Might go for a chakra analysis, if you like - which basically would cover health issues, physical and otherwise, relationship to the folks around and the spiritual.

That'd be fantastic! I've never had a chakra analysis before. Thank you, Tana.
I shall endure.

Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:02:49 pm »
Hi, all.

I find myself at a crossroads. While I've settled on my core path - Neo-Druidry in some form - I feel like my attention has been pulled in a dozen some other directions as well. (This includes non-Wiccan witchcraft, very eclectic Neo-Wicca, Buddhism, Daoism, yoga, possibly FlameKeeping, and someone from some pantheon trying to get my attention.) My current religious inklings, though intellectually fascinating, haven't been drumming up the same emotional/spiritual response that I briefly got many months ago and that I feel like I'm constantly craving and searching for. I'm also spending my first summer away from home (with a few weekend visits), thinking about grad school, just injured myself, am grappling with depression and body image issues...

So, since I'm really bad at reading divination for myself, I'd like to ask for some help. :) General readings are fine, as are any method you personally are comfortable with. (I prefer Tarot and oracle cards myself, but I won't turn down any advice.) If you'd like to focus on some questions, here's what's rattling around in my head:

1) What's the best way to heal myself, physically, mentally, and emotionally?
2) What am I missing spiritually? Is there some block I'm not aware of?
3) What lesson do I need to take from all this?
4) Where do I go from here?
5) Am I even ON the right path?

Let me know if I can make this any clearer. I've never asked for a DivEx before, so this is exciting. :)

Thanks a bunch. One day when I figure out how to read properly, I'd love to return the favor.

Sage.

If you don't mind the fact that I am still not as fluent as I'd like, I can do a Tarot reading for you over the weekend.  Let me know!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:06:16 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;2997
If you don't mind the fact that I am still not as fluent as I'd like, I can do a Tarot reading for you over the weekend.  Let me know!

I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much for offering. :)
I shall endure.

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:58 pm »
*snip*

I can offer another tarot perspective too, and an ogam one for variety's sake. With the caveat that I am out of practice, so interpretations may be more barebones than you might need.

For what it's worth, I have questions like this hanging around my head a ton, so I definitely feel you on wanting another perspective. :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:50:41 pm by Finn »
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 04:00:52 pm »
Quote from: Finn;3368
I can offer another tarot perspective too, and an ogam one for variety's sake. With the caveat that I am out of practice, so interpretations may be more barebones than you might need.

For what it's worth, I have questions like this hanging around my head a ton, so I definitely feel you on wanting another perspective. :)

I would love that, Finn. :) I've never had ogham read for me (and never read it for myself), so that'd be interesting. If you or anyone else needs more details, you can always PM me.
I shall endure.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »
Quote from: Tana;2659

'Key, I've used the Crowley Tarot.
Actually this chakra spread is the only one I use them for, because they often read so annoyingly clear. ;)

1. Root Chakra - the base, the physical survival, contact to the life force
    7 of Chalices
The card indicates, that something with the way you contact to life's needs and to your physical needs is wrong, which can show itself in lower back pain, trouble with the bones and the teeth - does that not ring a (painful) bell?

You need to let go of something that is poisoning your life, like stagnate waters.
I drew another card, to show a way to deal with this:
8 of Discs from the Lo Scarabeo Tarot
Do something new. Something you've never done before, but don't rush, take baby steps and choose your path carefully.

2. Sacral Chakra - here sits the center that relates to things like our relationships (not only sexual), pleasure as a whole, addictions and violence, if the energies are blocked.
Ace of Discs
Your ideas and your wishes need to be followed by action. This too, will help to overcome the stagnate energy in the root chakra. The time is good for this, go ahead.

3. Solarplexus - the place where our inner fire, our own power sits. From here we develop our influence on the outer world. Will, inner sun, energy.
Blockage here will cause trouble with the stomach f.ex.
Knight of Discs
Stay grounded and focus on your abilities. Again this card advises: let the idea be followed by action. Don't be too cautious and take care for yourself.

4. Heart Chakra - communication with others, compassion, empathy, self-love too.
Princess of Staves
Open up to some passion. Passion for ideas, impulses. Let yourself be carried away.

5. Throat Chakra - self expression, communication with words, carry your desires and ideas out into the world, relate to others, blockages here cause problems with the voice and the throat itself.
Ace of Staves
Again fire. This card tells you too, to find passion, to start something new, to risk a beginning. Be enthusiastic. Tell others.

6. Third Eye - Intuition and inner guidence.
9 of Staves
You can overcome the challenges and you need to balance out head and heart. In this you'll find strength.

7. Crown Chakra - connection to the Powers-that-Be, the Divine
Here we have the only Major Arcana card in the whole reading and the only inversed one.
VIII Adjustement
Balancing contrasts and inner balance would be the upright meaning. That the card is inversed indicates a problem in that area. Somehow here lies a problem with responsibility and conflicts. The card in this position tells you to take the responsibility for your life.
I drew another Lo Scarabeo card to help with this and got:
Ace of Discs.
Don't wait, time is right to change the situation for the better.

Well, my interpretation of the whole spread would be like this:

Your root chakra shows a blockage that prevents fresh energy moving up, almost all your other chakras talk of fire energy that needs to be put to a use and now we have the blockage in the balance.

So this gives the picture of kind of a pipe where the two openings are blocked, but some powerful energy is rushing in between the two blocked ends. It runs up, it runs down and it gets not put to a use. So it does not nice stuff to you.

Hope this helps. If I'm wrong, ignore it. ;)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:57:34 pm »
Quote from: Sage;3073
I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much for offering. :)

I used the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight and, because it fit, a six card "Guiding Star" spread.  Keep in mind when reading the below that Sweet Twilight is an intuitive deck:

Card 1 (Who/Where You Are Now - center) - 10 of Chalices
- Balance, creating a safe space, a calm center

Card 2 (Where You'd Like to Go - above center card, top of star pattern) - King of Pentacles
- Attention to surroundings, acknowledging differences, shared contentment

The next four cards are the points of the star:

Card 3 (What You "Believe" - upper left point of star) - Strength
- Confronting fears directly, openness, consent to vulnerability

Card 4 (What You "Know" - upper right point of star) - The Wheel
- Action leads to consequences, lack of control, acceptance

Card 5 (What You "Feel" - lower left point of star) - Six of Swords
- Rescinding control willingly, learning through shared action

Card 6 (What You "Think" - lower right point of star) - 9 of Chalices
- Keeping true to a goal, overcoming hardship

In light of your questions, here’s what I have:

Your natural tendency is toward balance and stability, but you are letting issues of control get in the way.  You prefer not to be vulnerable, but you’re going to have to deal with your fears in order to heal yourself.  Finding a partner in the healing process will be beneficial as both a growth and a trust exercise.  By letting go, there’s nowhere to go but up.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 08:55:43 pm »

Hey guys - I wanted to thank everyone who's given me responses. I've been caught up in an emotional crisis the past week and things have been so crazy, I don't even know what. I will respond to everyone's reading within the next few days. Thanks again. Y'all are fantastic and deserve so many cyber cookies. :)
I shall endure.

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 11:02:55 pm »

Okay. In the spirit of being open, and also in the spirit of learning how different people read and process, I'm going to go ahead and post basically my unedited notes. What follows is pretty much my flow of thought during the readings themselves.

I chose to focus on “Where do I go from here? What does my path look like?”

Five of Cups
Page of Pentacles
Six of Pentacles

The recent pain you’re going through--physical, emotional stress, etc.--seems to influence this, or could indicate that your path is headed somewhere that addresses that pain. The six of Pentacles brings up the issues of having vs. not having, and what it means to have knowledge, power--a path. Why are you here, you say to yourself? Why am I suffering like this? Why are things so murky?

The Page takes center stage though. The Page is all about having a physical effect, about doing, mattering, making an impact. I think this in conjunction with the other cards really emphasizes that these are the urges you’re feeling right now.

Think about these questions: What does it mean to have a spiritual path that has an impact on the physical world? What does it mean to prosper? (in conjunction with depression, self-image, and other issues, what does it mean to prosper in a quality of life sense?)

There is a wonderful trust element in the Page card. It seems to encourage that everything is going to be okay. There is an urge to take care of yourself, work with what you have. Be practical. Enjoy yourself, and don’t worry too much. So, this feels to me that what lessons there are are ones to learn from pain, bereavement, the feeling of not having ... what do I do to make them beneficial and add richness to my path and my self-identity?

Follow-Up:
Four of Cups
Six of Wands

Well, whatever happens it will feel great. The six of Wands is about triumph, acclaim. Do what you can to make it happen.

The four is more interesting. It can be both self-absorbed apathy, and healthy reflection. There’s a sense of a warning here, like, not to worry about it so much, which seems reinforced by the Page. Don’t ignore the gifts in front of you. Work with what you have.  

So, maybe your path now is to commit to the practical work of working through grief, loss, and what it means to grow as a result of it. Or maybe your path is to remember that pain and apathy, and take it with you as you open up to the world, and share what you have, your gifts.

This speaks fairly strongly of your Brighid and depression project, but I’m not sure it is. It feels a little like something else.

The six may also speak of feeling pulled to learn and know about all of these things you’re interested in. Maybe there is a fear of being idle, represented by the five and four of Cups. Of losing your way, navel-gazing.

What is Sage missing, spiritually? Is there a block?

Seven of Swords

Huh. Stop running away. Face up to it. Maybe you think you can do this on your own, but you can’t.

Ogam:

Same question, different day. “Where do I go from here? What does my path look like?”

Description of pull:
Ceirt and Ruis on the bottom, “pointing” slanting up to the northeast
Ailm and Fern on top, “pointing” upside down to the northwest
The top of Ailm and Fern almost touch the bottom of Ceirt and Ruis
Touching all four, on top, crossing, pointing northeast is Ur

**“Pointing” here means that the bottom of the stave is towards the direction, not the top.**

If you let your eyes travel up from Ceirt and Ruis, to Fern and Ailm, you circle back via Ur to the bottom feda. All together these make a triangle, and does not look too dissimilar from a triple armed Brighid’s cross to my eyes.

Ur connects all four.
Ceirt and Ruis together reinforce a turbulent mental atmosphere. Ceirt is a mental illness sort of fid, and Ruis a fid of passion. Anger, rage, and the inability to manage it underly the atmosphere here. Frustration and stress.

But Fern and Ailm’s presence on top, nearly touching, can “direct” those energies. Fern is a physically strong shield, and often involved with emotional and mental shielding, and management. Ailm is slightly apart from Fern here, which suggests that an outside source of inspiration, or a sense of newness can reinforce the work of Fern.

Words that come to mind with all of these:

Ur: Death, grave, dark, Earth. Underworld. Burial. Grief. Embodiment of spiritual principles.

Ceirt: "Madness". Misfortune. Frailty. Frustration. The small hope of healing is available. Fleeing, retreat. Self-destruction.

Ruis: Guilt. Anger. Shame. Embarassment. Passion. Fire.

Fern: Protection. Shelter. Containment.

Ailm: Initiation. Something new beginning. Creation. Inception.

Wow. So. To me, these feda reinforce the tarot reading on a much deeper, emotional level. Which is great. It suggests these energies are both powering your everyday concerns and your deep spiritual concerns. Very often energies driving your everyday concerns can be very different from your deep spiritual concerns. That these are in alignment suggests there is a chance for something big to happen here.

So now I'm thinking maybe I was wrong in that I thought the work wasn’t really about your depression and Brighid project. Maybe it is.

These feda seem to reinforce many of those same themes. Something new happening, in a solid, physical, practical way. How to handle pain, emotionally, mentally, and how to bring that pain into a healthy life through action, embodiment. How to move through grief; contain your anger and pain, and bury them, not so they are forgotten and fester, but so they can turn into healthy soil, feed and nourish your life.

Don’t be afraid, and stop running away from the work ahead.
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Tags: